Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Production Numbers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Production Numbers

I searched around, but couldn't really find much on this. If it's been discussed, I apologize.

I've been talking to dealers in the midwest about the Evo Xs. They're all complaining that they get whatever is left over after the west coast picks. I'm somewhat inclined to believe them, as you can throw a stone and hit half a dozen red Evos around here. Pretty much any other color is hard to come by.

In any case, they pretty much universally claim that they have already received the entire allotment of GSRs for the year. They may get an MR or two in a few months, but claim they'll be receiving no more GSRs. At least 4-5 dealerships have said the exact same thing. My BS meter was going crazy, but the exact same response from multiple dealers had me concerned.

I have no previous experience with the brand... how accurate is this? If I wait for someone to get the color I want in stock, will I risk not getting one this year entirely? Do we have any idea how many Mitsubishi even planes on sending Stateside?
Old Mar 15, 2008, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
West coast dealers are the highest volume so naturally they will have the biggest selection, here on the east coast, most dealers have 2-3 evos and almost all of them have both the SSS and the aero package, neither of which i want.

i think that they should clarify that they are not getting anymore gsrs this year. They should say "model year" That maybe true but come summer, the 09 model will come out and more gsrs will make their way to dealers

thats my take on it
Originally Posted by gizmotoy
I searched around, but couldn't really find much on this. If it's been discussed, I apologize.

I've been talking to dealers in the midwest about the Evo Xs. They're all complaining that they get whatever is left over after the west coast picks. I'm somewhat inclined to believe them, as you can throw a stone and hit half a dozen red Evos around here. Pretty much any other color is hard to come by.

In any case, they pretty much universally claim that they have already received the entire allotment of GSRs for the year. They may get an MR or two in a few months, but claim they'll be receiving no more GSRs. At least 4-5 dealerships have said the exact same thing. My BS meter was going crazy, but the exact same response from multiple dealers had me concerned.

I have no previous experience with the brand... how accurate is this? If I wait for someone to get the color I want in stock, will I risk not getting one this year entirely? Do we have any idea how many Mitsubishi even planes on sending Stateside?
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm... I assumed there would be more than just the one batch of cars for the model year, especially with summer coming up. I guess not. I'll have to adjust my buying plans accordingly.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

thats my best guess as i have heard that from one of the dealers i went to, but the sales person i spoke with, took it even further, they said that they are not making anymore evos, period. i said uhhhh, whatever

Originally Posted by gizmotoy
Hmm... I assumed there would be more than just the one batch of cars for the model year, especially with summer coming up. I guess not. I'll have to adjust my buying plans accordingly.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:43 PM

A Mits Exec I often hang out with seems to have shed some light on it. Appearantly the MR's are having problems entering the US which slowed production to North America. The MR's will be the next shipment in late April or May. Other 08's built will be spec'd to other countries. The US will see 09's in late summer or early fall.