Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

I sold my E60 M5 after I got the X

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome!! Congrats! I am actually suprised that someone would go with the x over a BMW, but hell... More power to you! Just to have that decision would be awesome.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

71k wow... how rich are you? what do u do to make such money in the Philippines?
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

No kidding if you can afford 190k and 71k for those two cars, you need to move here and just live off the interest of the money you must have...
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the X, post photos soon.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Congratz!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nah, having good money in PI, you can live like a king.
WOWOWEE FTW!
Need some pics ASAP.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

damn those prices are extreme, but congrats to ya.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

why is it so expensive? i believe Philippines is only about a 3 hour flight from Japan.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:48 PM

live like a king!

You guys may have cheap cars there in the states , but here we have cheap women, Hehe, u don't believe me then check these chicks which can be had for 60-100 bucks a nite. http://www.chozadate.com/maSsEusE.htm

Pretty sweet huh! what do u guys think?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by turborat
You guys may have cheap cars there in the states , but here we have cheap women, Hehe, u don't believe me then check these chicks which can be had for 60-100 bucks a nite. http://www.chozadate.com/maSsEusE.htm

Pretty sweet huh! what do u guys think?
Wow, that Lyka girl looks like she's 15. Very, very disturbing...
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:11 PM

I'm glad to know a lot of people out there are now choosing between the X and other higher priced performance sedans. I, for one are trying to decide between it and the new M3 Sedan w/ twin clutch trans. Just trying to justify the price premium of the M3 over the X still though. The MSRP difference is about $25K, but I'll probably end up putting about $10K (enough?) in the EVO for mods to get power to about 350 whp and for wheels/tires. While I probably won't have to or able to do much to the M3. Sorry for hijacking the thread but what do you guys think? A $50K X MR vs. a $65K M3 with the M3 having a much nicer interior and creature comforts - the side bolster of the chairs are adjustable even. The M3 will probably have a higher resale % and my $10K of mods will most likely all go down the drain after a few years, so total cost of ownership of the M3 won't be that much more. What would you guys do if you were me?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bli8
I'm glad to know a lot of people out there are now choosing between the X and other higher priced performance sedans. I, for one are trying to decide between it and the new M3 Sedan w/ twin clutch trans. Just trying to justify the price premium of the M3 over the X still though. The MSRP difference is about $25K, but I'll probably end up putting about $10K (enough?) in the EVO for mods to get power to about 350 whp and for wheels/tires. While I probably won't have to or able to do much to the M3. Sorry for hijacking the thread but what do you guys think? A $50K X MR vs. a $65K M3 with the M3 having a much nicer interior and creature comforts - the side bolster of the chairs are adjustable even. The M3 will probably have a higher resale % and my $10K of mods will most likely all go down the drain after a few years, so total cost of ownership of the M3 won't be that much more. What would you guys do if you were me?
Its comparing apple to oranges bli8. But I think with the Evo, tracking it would be cheaper than the M3. Also, do you enjoy modding your car? I would assume that if you buy the M3, the most you would do is probably rims and suspension mod. I personally like to customize the car to the liking, a tastefully modified EvoX car will turn more heads than a stock M3, thats what I think. Another thing is the bling factor, is bling factor really high up on your list? If so get M3, not that Evo X isn't bling, but lets be serious here, it ain't know BMW. I am not sure about resale value or Evo, but I don't remember them to be BAD at ALL!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Yes I am sure that is a good time and a few of them looked hot. However... Can you say gonaherpasyphilaides

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rpasyphilaides
Old Mar 26, 2008, 11:08 AM

Kumusta GT3Nut,

I to sold my 8 because of the tin can feel. Since that time, I was in an M3 and now a 993. For some, a certain level of quality is required that others can't understand. So I can say that the EVO 8 felt very much like driving and extremely fast taxi down Edsa with my cousin DeeJay Alvaro.

The EVOx is exactly the performance car to fill that niche. I am getting my wife one since she loves to drive performance cars. I will just drive the 993. Funny you sold the M5 because I was thinking of selling my porsche to get one also. However, being in the PI, I can see that an EVO is much more useful than an M5. Not much you can do to enjoy other than a short stretch down MacAuthur highway to sip at a Starbucks and the Gas Stop.

Til then, enjoy pare!
Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:08 AM

D Didit,

Hoy kumpadre!

Great minds think alike. In 1999, I had a 993C2 w/c I then sold for a 993TT. Sadly I sold that too and then after 2 years, the price rockets. Sayang pre.

I got rid of the M5 since I got a 996 GT2. I thought I wouldn't miss my 997 GT3 but it was a mistake. No regrets since the 7 GT3 was a bit weak w/ 415bhp on the crank. The GT2 stock is 462bhp but w/ 457lbs torque vs the GT3's 295lbs. Also, I don't really track so the GT3 was not really meant for me.

I liked the M5. Took it to Bagiou and this cat can really cruise w/ family and all. I also took it to Subic last weekend on the new highway and was tailing a 993 TT who couldn't leave me.

But you know, if you're a purist like me, you won't believe in the notion that you can merge the performance of a 2 door sports sedan w/ a 4 door one. There will always be something missing. With The M5, it was the detached uninvolving feeling w/ the road. Sure it could haul *** but you couldn't the same sensation with a Porsche. So I'm back w/ Porsche and the top model to say the least.

But I have a lot of respect for the X. Ideally, my garage would be the GT2 and an RS4 but my money can only go so far.

Quick Reply: I sold my E60 M5 after I got the X