Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Top Gear - 2 Evo X Vs 1 GT-R

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked the article. I've actually been thinking about the Evo X being an alternative for the GT-R (well poorman's version with practicality of 4 doors) for people who can't afford the GT-R or cant' get one due to availability. With the same sophisticated all-wheel drive, lighting quick auto-manual transmission and turbo inspired engines they have some similarities. I can only imagine with more power added to the X...(he did mention FQ-400)
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Very interesting article. Although nothing was really said, I mean the Evo is derived off of a Lancer and the GTR isn't. It's designed to be a super car from the get go.
I am more of a fan of the R32's though still this R35 looks very impressive.
also I have two Evo's maybe I could give them both in for a trade in when the new GTR comes out.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

The Evo X is definitely a "poor man's GTR". I was going to get a GTR up until I found out they were charging $20k to $30K over sticker. I decided to get the "poor man's version" and modify it slightly to match the acceleration of the stock GT-R. The Evo X will already handle just as well, just needs a little more go. It wont have the prestige of the GTR, but I never really gave a crap about what other people thought.

I love the GTR, but I really like my Evo X alot. And I have $60k left over. If I got a ding or a rock chip on my $90k GTR, I would be a whole lot madder than on my $34k Evo X.

I do agree with the person earlier in this thread that said the Evo X and new M3 would be a good comparo. V8 vs I4 turbo. The X will out handle it, and nearly hang with it in acceleration. Put them both on a really twisty road and the Evo wins hands down.

Brian
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Canexican
Well, lets see: 4.0 V8 to 2.0 I4T, 414hp to 291hp, RWD to AWD, 63 grand to 33 grand, German to Japanese. I'm not really seeing how they are even remotely alike in any way. About the only thing you could compare is their hefty curb weights. Besides that, they are completely dissimilar.
Well you talking about Facts. I am talking about performance wise like 1/4 mile time, track time, 0-60 time, stoping distance. Ya its got a little over 100hp but where AWD. So i am thing the 0-60 and 1/4 mile will be a lot closer then people think. And for stoping distance like i said an other great thing to compare. I dont no about you but if the number are close i rather spend 33g's then 63g's. You can spend what 4 grand on the evo x and have it way over 414hp. I mean look at ams Evo x just with bolt ons. So like i said before i think it would be good to compare these two.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
The Evo X is definitely a "poor man's GTR". I was going to get a GTR up until I found out they were charging $20k to $30K over sticker. I decided to get the "poor man's version" and modify it slightly to match the acceleration of the stock GT-R. The Evo X will already handle just as well, just needs a little more go. It wont have the prestige of the GTR, but I never really gave a crap about what other people thought.

I love the GTR, but I really like my Evo X alot. And I have $60k left over. If I got a ding or a rock chip on my $90k GTR, I would be a whole lot madder than on my $34k Evo X.

I do agree with the person earlier in this thread that said the Evo X and new M3 would be a good comparo. V8 vs I4 turbo. The X will out handle it, and nearly hang with it in acceleration. Put them both on a really twisty road and the Evo wins hands down.

Brian
I was the one that said that and thanks for the support. People think that since it has 400+hp that it's going to smoke the EVO X but while they spin were gone And as for a close circuit cource the EVO X was built for that lol
Old Mar 28, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

aweseome!
Old Mar 28, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Will the GTR have the nissan badge or infinity badge?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe's Evo X
I was the one that said that and thanks for the support. People think that since it has 400+hp that it's going to smoke the EVO X but while they spin were gone And as for a close circuit cource the EVO X was built for that lol
I personally think comparing the EVO X to a GTR or the new M3 is a bit of a stretch. All 3 are in different classes.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by white_turbo
I personally think comparing the EVO X to a GTR or the new M3 is a bit of a stretch. All 3 are in different classes.
You are right. The Evo compete perfomance wise with cars way above its class. There is no better performing car all around for the money than an Evo. The new Evo X takes things handling wise one step up even from the last generation Evo. The Evo doesnt have yuppie style or draw like the BMW, that is one of the things that I like about it. People say, " I have a BMW" like that some big thing. I say big wooptie friggin doo. You are ignorant for paying more than a cars worth just for the name or status symbol. I better stop there, before I get out of control. I would take a Japanese car over a German car any day of the week. I dont like German controls, nor anything about them. I guess I prefer rice over bratwurst!!

Brian
Old Mar 28, 2008, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
You are right. The Evo compete perfomance wise with cars way above its class. There is no better performing car all around for the money than an Evo. The new Evo X takes things handling wise one step up even from the last generation Evo. The Evo doesnt have yuppie style or draw like the BMW, that is one of the things that I like about it. People say, " I have a BMW" like that some big thing. I say big wooptie friggin doo. You are ignorant for paying more than a cars worth just for the name or status symbol. I better stop there, before I get out of control. I would take a Japanese car over a German car any day of the week. I dont like German controls, nor anything about them. I guess I prefer rice over bratwurst!!
I was with you until you started actually bashing BMW. Other than that

The EVO X is an amazing all around performer for the price.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

New season of top gear starts on the third week of April, I believe. So expect to see the X there soon.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

the gtr is my absolute dream car...but 2 > 1
Old Mar 29, 2008, 03:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The new GTR is an amazing car and it's awesome that they even compare the Evo X to it. Really shows how good the new chassis is.

As a stock car, the R35 GTR will can beat/compete with these cars:

1. E60 M3, M5, M6
2. Ferrari F430, 599 GTB
3. Lambo LP640, Gallardo Superleggera
4. Porsche 911, 911 Turbo, GT3
5. Corvette Z06
6. Aston Martin DB9, Vanquish
7. Audi RS4, RS6, R8
8. Mercedes E55, CLK63, SLK55, C63 (AMGs)
9. Pagani Zonda C and F
Old Mar 29, 2008, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

The new M3 will smoke an X, I can't believe you guy's think it will be a close race

Quick Reply: Top Gear - 2 Evo X Vs 1 GT-R