Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Top Gear - 2 Evo X Vs 1 GT-R

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2008, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by billyblonco
The new M3 will smoke an X, I can't believe you guy's think it will be a close race
Smoke an X where? Stock for Stock stratighline yes. Stock for Stock in the twisties (tie or goes to Evo X). Comfort, goes to M. Yuppie appeal goes to BMW. Cost goes to Evo.

I will promise you that Stock M3 versus a Evo X (air filter, EVC 6) straightline will go to Evo X. So I spend $505 on my Evo X and I will compete with a car twice the price, and beat it...

Brian
Old Mar 29, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
You are right. The Evo compete perfomance wise with cars way above its class. There is no better performing car all around for the money than an Evo. The new Evo X takes things handling wise one step up even from the last generation Evo. The Evo doesnt have yuppie style or draw like the BMW, that is one of the things that I like about it. People say, " I have a BMW" like that some big thing. I say big wooptie friggin doo. You are ignorant for paying more than a cars worth just for the name or status symbol. I better stop there, before I get out of control. I would take a Japanese car over a German car any day of the week. I dont like German controls, nor anything about them. I guess I prefer rice over bratwurst!!

Brian
I laugh at people that do this when they pay like $60k for an Escalade and I can go get a Fully loaded denali that looks about the same and has the same features for only $40K
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

I will buy a GTR when they offer it with a traditional manual. I have no interested in any of these sequential transmissions.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:13 AM
Account Disabled

Subscribe.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

its not a sequestial is a true dual clutch tranny and its been praised very highly....

The EVO MR and the GTR do share many similarities... technology packed awd systems, amazing chassis, turbocharged engines that are 1st timers (VR38 and 4b11).... dual clutch trannies (also new), some creature comforts (bluetooth, NAV, keyless etc...).... snow and commuter modes with the track settings (so adjustability)

the MR is 3/4 a GTR and I stand by that...

and have both taken alot of flak for being "different" than the old ones

I have my GTR on order, but will hope to add a MR or Ralliart in a year or 2....
Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:55 AM

When busy fly-overs give way to near-empty motorway, the Nissan is off in earnest. The Evo's torque deficit is obvious, as I wring out every revolution available to keep the GT-R in sight. And, impressively, it just about manages.

I think the X is amazing. The author of the article also mentions how on the right road the X has the upper hand on the X. I cant wait to see the X in it's FQ 400 form!
Old Apr 9, 2008, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Am I the only car enthusiast who isn't overly interested in the GTr? Guess so, damn. Maybe it's because I'm a muscle car fan that got mixed up in the Evo scene, and I already feel like a traitor. Haha.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CC16
Maybe it's because I'm a muscle car fan that got mixed up in the Evo scene, and I already feel like a traitor. Haha.
lol same here. i have a 1968 chevelle SS and 72 nova before that. now it's mostly evos. ....

oh but i love the GTR
Old Apr 9, 2008, 09:09 AM

Evo X = Mini GTR
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AkumaMax
correction it was GOD! Now it's like someone kicked God in the ***** and said hey want a walker to help you move along!
I'm sorry, what? This comment makes no sense, the r35 is better in everyway over its predecesor the r34. Minus the ztune r34.
So what exactly are you saying?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Something I found interesting

Originally Posted by billyblonco
The new M3 will smoke an X, I can't believe you guy's think it will be a close race
Wow, EVO smokes M3 (which is a racecar with four doors, no less) on racetrack.

152.9 EVO X MR (Advan A13)
154.2 BMW M3 (PS2)
156.3 BMW 135i (RE050)
158.0 MB C63 AMG (PZero Rosso)
158.6 Lexus IS-F (PS2)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...amg_comparison
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html

EVO tires are UHP, they are notch below in grip than MP tires like Pilot PS2 or RE050.

Anyway, it's not about the tires, otherwise IS-F would be up there with M3 ... but it's not.
Now lets assume that it was driven by a different driver, weather condition was different and all that jazz. I think it is safe to assume that, in terms of performance, Evo X MR is in the same league as the new M3, on the track.

Last edited by jackygor; Apr 10, 2008 at 11:44 AM.