Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Mr Turned Down Because Of A/t

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Spazpilot
I also bought a GSR for this reason. Just not feelin the SST Tranny. Hopefully they will eventually make a Traditional 6 speed manual MR.
I am waiting for the 6 speed manual in an MR also!!!! Maybe a reduced weight option.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry, but this thread needs to die. There will always be people who love the sensory feedback of manuals & others that prefer precise response. Agree to disagree, because no one will be able to change people's minds... it's just what people prefer.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
It is perfectly fine to prefer one thing to the other. But to make up a BS to show of your way and to try to make the point stronger is a BS and there is no disagreement about that!

If anyone wants to have things one of the ways that is just fine and it doesn't need any extra padding along the way. People just show how insecure they are in themselves so they do anything they can to present their sides in better light.

If I prefer RED color more then any other one, would I make it any better if I start talking down any other color? Of course not, but people here who prefer one of the trainies have a strong urge to put other one as low as they could make it just to feel more at home with their choice!

Fedja
Old Apr 2, 2008, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kidneythief13
I'm sorry, but this thread needs to die.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrAWD
It is perfectly fine to prefer one thing to the other. But to make up a BS to show of your way and to try to make the point stronger is a BS and there is no disagreement about that!

If anyone wants to have things one of the ways that is just fine and it doesn't need any extra padding along the way. People just show how insecure they are in themselves so they do anything they can to present their sides in better light.

If I prefer RED color more then any other one, would I make it any better if I start talking down any other color? Of course not, but people here who prefer one of the trainies have a strong urge to put other one as low as they could make it just to feel more at home with their choice!

Fedja
Agreed, I just feel I need to voice my self for the sake of the Tc-SST, when people take biased stabs against the transmission it's self. I like manuals but would much rather have the Tc-SST, that my friend is a matter of opinion! Fact would be, the MR has a slight advantage on the GSR in road coarse comparisons, where the GSR is 2 tenths of a second faster from 0-60 and so on! Come April 18th I'll be purchasing the GSR and it's a stick, so I do adore both transmissions and I never meant to offend any one and their opinion! This is my final post on behalf of this topic. Peace
Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

The most annoying thing about this thread is not people who say they like driving MT for the feel. Its not even the people who blindly confuse SST with AT. Its the people who try to talk down on, belittle, and mock others for choosing a different aspect of racing/driving to enjoy.

You like MT better good for you! Enjoy it! But your passion for banging out gears in your MT in absolutely no way makes another person's passion for driving any less 'cool'.

Talking down to or thinking less of people for choosing to go with SST is akin to ...
people who love big HP talking down to people who strive for ultimate cornering ...
people who love racing talking down to people who love decking out cars with kits/paint/rims/stereos/etc ...
people who love wrenching on their own cars talking down to people who buy parts and hire pros to modify the cars they love ...
being a car enthusiast is much bigger than any one of these aspects ...

JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE DO NOT CHOOSE THE SAME ASPECT OF CAR ENTHUSIASM AS YOU DOES NOT MAKE THEM "little *****es" or "pussies" or WHATEVER OTHER TERM YOU WOULD LIKE TO PUT ON THEM TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER.

You wanna express your opinion on what you like ... go for it! Just leave the negative comments about the other side at home.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

It seems like 90% of the negative comments are coming from the tcsst fanboys who are saying that people who want a manual do not appreciate a fast car and should not own evos.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by theoverachiever
It seems like 90% of the negative comments are coming from the tcsst fanboys who are saying that people who want a manual do not appreciate a fast car and should not own evos.
No, actually if you read the entire thread, it started with some (not all, because there were quite a few M/T-preferring individuals who fully acknowledge the benefits of both transmissions) stating things to the effect of "autos are for sissy's / manuals are the only real manly transmissions", etc. To be fair, there were also some SST 'fanboys' countering with equally ridiculous statements.

I've always been an avid fan of a M/T in my cars, but I do plan on purchasing an SST-equipped MR or Ralliart this year. Regardless, I think we can all agree that whether an Evo X has an M/T or SST, each can be beneficial in the hands of different drivers. To me, using attacks like "___ transmissions are more manly / ___ are for sissys" are ridiculously ignorant. To those that prefer M/T because of the feel and involvement of the 3rd pedal and row'ing through the gears using the stick shift, that's perfectly valid and I think any half-decent individual can/should respect that. By the same token, to those that prefer being able to blip through gears electronically with 2 hands on the wheel, that's equally admirable and no less "manly".
Old Apr 3, 2008, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kisada
The most annoying thing about this thread is not people who say they like driving MT for the feel. Its not even the people who blindly confuse SST with AT. Its the people who try to talk down on, belittle, and mock others for choosing a different aspect of racing/driving to enjoy.

You like MT better good for you! Enjoy it! But your passion for banging out gears in your MT in absolutely no way makes another person's passion for driving any less 'cool'.

Talking down to or thinking less of people for choosing to go with SST is akin to ...
people who love big HP talking down to people who strive for ultimate cornering ...
people who love racing talking down to people who love decking out cars with kits/paint/rims/stereos/etc ...
people who love wrenching on their own cars talking down to people who buy parts and hire pros to modify the cars they love ...
being a car enthusiast is much bigger than any one of these aspects ...

JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE DO NOT CHOOSE THE SAME ASPECT OF CAR ENTHUSIASM AS YOU DOES NOT MAKE THEM "little *****es" or "pussies" or WHATEVER OTHER TERM YOU WOULD LIKE TO PUT ON THEM TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER.

You wanna express your opinion on what you like ... go for it! Just leave the negative comments about the other side at home.
Originally Posted by Taryon
No, actually if you read the entire thread, it started with some (not all, because there were quite a few M/T-preferring individuals who fully acknowledge the benefits of both transmissions) stating things to the effect of "autos are for sissy's / manuals are the only real manly transmissions", etc. To be fair, there were also some SST 'fanboys' countering with equally ridiculous statements.

I've always been an avid fan of a M/T in my cars, but I do plan on purchasing an SST-equipped MR or Ralliart this year. Regardless, I think we can all agree that whether an Evo X has an M/T or SST, each can be beneficial in the hands of different drivers. To me, using attacks like "___ transmissions are more manly / ___ are for sissys" are ridiculously ignorant. To those that prefer M/T because of the feel and involvement of the 3rd pedal and row'ing through the gears using the stick shift, that's perfectly valid and I think any half-decent individual can/should respect that. By the same token, to those that prefer being able to blip through gears electronically with 2 hands on the wheel, that's equally admirable and no less "manly".
well said.....both of you
Old Apr 3, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
People buy what they like! me dont care.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's Evo X
Nope i rather take the extra $35,000 and smoke the GTR IMO
Thats a typical statement from someone owning a brand new "evo".
I can't wait to see someone line up against a GTR with a X.. should be great, the GTR's will be modded in no time to run low 11's and 10's while the X will be sluggish to get into the mid 11's in the first year. I love people that post ignorant statements like "i'd rather save the money to..."

If you can afford a GTR, than you can afford to mod it and enjoy it too. If your an evo owner saying you'd rather save the money, than you probably aren't even close to affording a GTR. so dont post about saving money.

IDK why im even arguing, i know whats the better car....

Back on topic
I love my 6 speed, I wouldn't EVER think about buying a X, A/T or Not but i do realize and accept that a LOT of high end sports/super cars have paddle shifting and i would buy one without hesitation
Old Apr 3, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

I'm gonna mod my cousins turbo Bug and rape all u GSR lovers...
Old Apr 3, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonasan50
I'm gonna mod my cousins turbo Bug and rape all u GSR lovers...
Do it... that would be hilarious. I was actually just talking about something like this last night w/a friend.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

I know, I was using the force and I heard you!!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

You guys are all talking about an automatic transmission... so I guess that means the MR comes with an automatic slushbox with phony paddle shifters ala the Pontiac Grand Prix of past years, and not a true "clutchless" manual (aka a paddle-controlled manual transmission without a clutch pedal on the floor) like Audi's DSG or BMW's DCT. Interesting, 'cause that's news to me!

Or maybe you guys are just being purposely ignorant and hating on superior technology.

Last edited by JRock; Apr 3, 2008 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Evo X Mr Turned Down Because Of A/t