Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Drove a X yesterda.. My review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drove a X yesterda.. My review

Well got a chance to test drive a X finally. Very nice car, seems its more luxury and more adult oriented than younger generation..Off the bat i must say that in a straight line i wasnt very impressed, car felt slugish and no top end. My Evo IX felt a lot faster than that when i bought it bone stock. Handling i must say is tighter than the IX which i liked a lot. Steering and suspension are very responsive. I could def tell the car is a pig and you could tell the difference of the extra 300+pounds. New motor revs pretty good, very quiet inside.. Did like the interior 10x better than the pos IX one but however i did not like the seats. I love my IX SE seats better Overall, not a bad car. I would have to drive or ride in a modified on to see how it compares to my IX.. Good car but not worth the $35-40k price tag to me
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:00 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Be ready for the X fanboys to jump down your throat as if you just told them their child was ugly, fat and stupid.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty much the way I felt after I drove it - except for those seats. Didnt like the material, but they were way more comfortable than the IX seats.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
Be ready for the X fanboys to jump down your throat as if you just told them their child was ugly, fat and stupid.
lol! I think the car looks great, not feeling the tailights and trunk thou.. Its a very nice car, if i hadnt own 3 evos already i wouldnt mind having one as a daily driver but once i sell my IX thats it!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great I was waiting for your review!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
I'm not usually a fan of sarcasm but this one made me laugh.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

He didn't actually say anything bad about it. I felt the car felt slower on a straight when I bought it as well compared to the nine. Still fast though, I think the suspension fools you to think it is slower and the weight drags the car behind about .2 seconds compared to the nine. In this car I accelerate and am like..."not to fast" and than look at the speed-o-meter and am like "holy shiet! 90 already..wtf". The previous EVO when I was in it, it felt more raw and brutal in the acceleration, you felt every single torque value smack you in the face. Only thing I disagree with on the review is that I do believe the car is worth the 33k+ MSRP..I mean look at the other cars it competes with..they are far more expensive still. Though it seems like a fine review to me from someone who just drove it once around the block. The seat thing, I would comment but I just don't care...my a$$ sees them more than I do lol, they hug nicely though.

Last edited by love9sick; Apr 3, 2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
Im not hating on the car if thats where youre trying to get at
Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Ehh, it wasn't insulting and I don't find anything wrong with what you said, but I have to say that I don't really understand why people still feel the need to write reviews of their "5 minutes" with the car. I mean, I think that people know what to expect from the car based off the magazine reviews and the many user reviews that have already been written, so do we really need any more?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Ehh, it wasn't insulting and I don't find anything wrong with what you said, but I have to say that I don't really understand why people still feel the need to write reviews of their "5 minutes" with the car. I mean, I think that people know what to expect from the car based off the magazine reviews and the many user reviews that have already been written, so do we really need any more?
I dont need to drive the car for an hour or anything. Ive owned 3 Evos and i know what to expect, felt the same as some have already described in this site.. I compared it too based off from also owning 2 Evo VIIIs and 1 Evo IX
Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:26 PM
Account Disabled

hey so what if ppl dont like ur review.. i love reading all of ur guys reviews.. just makes me more informed about the X..

thanks for the review!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ggevoIX
hey so what if ppl dont like ur review.. i love reading all of ur guys reviews.. just makes me more informed about the X..

thanks for the review!
I can careless what ppl think about my review, im just stating what i think of the car imo after i drove it, im not gona go buy one. I was just curious to drive it to see what the hype is all about as some ppl here talk about the car like if their lives depended on it.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
some ppl here talk about the car like if their lives depended on it.
What if it does?

Just kidding man, glad you thought it had some pluses. Did it have the Nav system? If so, what did you think of it?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

i think about my car from the time i wake up, to the time i go to sleep, is that so wrong?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RogueEvo
What if it does?

Just kidding man, glad you thought it had some pluses. Did it have the Nav system? If so, what did you think of it?
No this one was just a GSR but they did have one with the Navi and i must say i wish i had that in my IX

Originally Posted by Tarmacisback69
i think about my car from the time i wake up, to the time i go to sleep, is that so wrong?
Then you got some problems! lol!

Quick Reply: Drove a X yesterda.. My review