Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

fix-it ticket in Socal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laakness
I prefer no tint...so the asshat reving at me at a stop light can see me laughing.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO_burke
She said that i could just take off the tint and then get the stupid thing signed off, but i just about took it as an insult when she even suggested it.
Anyone know how much the fine would be if i just paid it without removing jack?
$55 ... 1 cop told me if i took it off a week before the court date i just have to show up to the station and they'll sign it off. it was like 35 miles from my house so i just paid the ticket... another time it was a few blocks from my house. i asked the cop if i can go to the court house or station and get it signed off and he said yeh.... i go down there a couple of days and i run into a cop and asked him.. he just laughed and said "thats a good one, i'll remember that".. ended up taking the tints off and paying the 55 bucks.. darn .. o well.. i can live with out tints.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by love9sick
LOL thinks about 04 Civic hatchback revving next to you
Old Apr 6, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by love9sick
Here in IL I can get what ever tint I want on the back window and a certain % on the rear side ones. Can't touch the front window and much of the front side ones. I am ok with that. Still makes it look good. No reason to make it look like you are afraid of having people see you
actually you can tint all the back ones as much as you want just when you get to the fronts then you can get away with a little tint but if you don't want a hassle then go with no tint on the fronts.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

I prefer no tint...so the asshat reving at me at a stop light can see me laughing.
And you can spend the money on Mods to smoke him!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

i paid $120 without signing it off, but it will be more if you get pulled over again. Knock on wood....
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's Evo X
I dont think you have to go as high as 35% just go to the tint company and ask what the legal limit is. Or you can do what my dad did, just pay the ticket (his was $75) and hope you dont get pulled over again. My dad has not and its been a year. I have 5% tint and havnt been pulled over (knock on wood) but i had 5% on all my cars and trucks for the last 7 years
Yes, you do. That's the legal tint in CA. I lived there for 4 years.

And limo in the back windows with lighter tint in the front looks ghey. Just make all the tint consistant. Of course, this is my opinion.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jamerin
i paid $120 without signing it off, but it will be more if you get pulled over again. Knock on wood....
Its the same fine over and over. They just say that to scare you
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

yea i got pulled over for front tints and no front plate damnit the other day. i went 3 1/2 years with no front plate on my rsx and the 2 months i've had the x i get pulled for that, anit that some crap. but yea they were $20 each.

Stay away from Mt. Prospect
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

In CA technically you can't have any tint...regardless or the degree...on the front windows.

Now...I just got 20% done on my car all the way around and it's not THAT dark...but I'm sure I'll get pulled over at some point. Luckily my brother in law is CHP :-).

Oh...and the plate thing...haven't had one on my car for 16 years and even when I got pulled over...I never got hassled.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by chuynh207
it's because you had the two front windows tinted (if you didn't know that already). Once I get my EVO X, I'm gonna get the rear windows tinted 5% and leave the front stock for a while, might get 35% later on.

Where in Pleasant Hill are you from? And do you have a EVO X or a VIII?

i'm aware of the tint laws, but would rather ignore them and roll down my windows instead. I live back off Ellenwood drive, you know where chevys and outback steakhouse are, in those condos. But i'm back down south now, hooray for school. Mine is a 2005 Evo VIII, silver.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 08:04 PM

see, one of the reasons i even like having tint is so that dumbasses can't see that i'm a girl. but i like the contrast better with my car's color, it is needed
Old Apr 6, 2008, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO_burke
see, one of the reasons i even like having tint is so that dumbasses can't see that i'm a girl. but i like the contrast better with my car's color, it is needed
I suppose being a girl driving an evo you'll get a lot of stupid attention...just like when threads on evom pop up titled "I'm a girl"
Old Apr 6, 2008, 09:11 PM

friend got 2 tickets for his 2 front windows for i think 60 each in socal
Old Apr 6, 2008, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

tint it the legal limit and avoid tickets man. Not worth the fine. Plus tinting it legal will keep the interior cool in the summer. That is the purpose of tint right?

Quick Reply: fix-it ticket in Socal