Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How many miles on a new car?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many miles on a new car?

How many miles is normal for a new car which sits in a deal lot? If a car has 45 miles on it, does it mean it was "test driven" a lot?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Yes. I won't buy a "new" car that has more than 10 miles on it.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

it could mean a few things, lots of test drives, salesman used it as a demo, or it was traded from another dealership and driven.

i bought my GTS with 47 miles on it because it had to be traded with another dealership.

i don't think many places will let people test drive or demo an evo
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:31 AM

I saw mine literally come off the truck with 7 miles on it. When I bought it 3 days later it had 9 on it because the gas station that the dealer fills up at was about a mile away. 45 miles is a lot IMO. I test drove a RR X with about 35 miles on it before I bought mine. Let me just say that I wouldn't buy a brand new high performance vehicle with more than about 10 miles on it.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stanrc
it could mean a few things, lots of test drives, salesman used it as a demo, or it was traded from another dealership and driven.

i bought my GTS with 47 miles on it because it had to be traded with another dealership.

i don't think many places will let people test drive or demo an evo
I went to performance mitsubishi by my house and they wouldnt let me test drive a X. The sales guy wasnt even going to let me sit inside one until he realized i showed up in a IX lol.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Yup, the dealership I bought from wouldn't let anyone drive the X. They had 25 on the lot and all of them had 8 or less miles on them. If it is known why there is more than 10 miles on the car I wouldn't have any issue with it (i.e. dealer trade etc.) My 04 Evo had 140 miles on it, but that's only because it was a dealer trade from a dealership that was about 120 miles away. Never had an issue.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

The dealer explains that they drove the cars from the port. The car is covered in plastic outside and inside.
BTW, if someone bought an X recently, what month/year production is it?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

I got my X with 19 on the od. A little more than I would've liked but nothing I'm going to stress over. I actually was allowed to test drive one, and I'm 21 buying my first car from a dealer. It was really a class dealership. I did some talking and going over things with the salesman and he told me to come back tomorrow and "at least" take it for a drive. Granted we only went about 5 or 6 miles, but I thought I was getting treated like royalty. Being that I'm young and all that. I'm sure dealers get a ton of folks ages 17-25 that want to "test drive" the new Evo to say "hey i drove an evo!". I feel sorry for the poor fella that gets the one I drove tho. I got in it with 92 miles already on it. I didn't take it above 5k as per salesman request. So hopefully no one else ragged on it, we'll never know.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

21...good enough for me
Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

It probably was used as a demo or to be test-driven by customers but don't expect the dealership to take much off of the price because of it.
The only thing you'll lose is the ability to pop the cherry on the car yourself.

Btw mine had 13km on it (about 8-9 miles).
Old Apr 8, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine had 5 miles and i test drove it for 4 miles making it 9

I think anything after 10 miles mean it has been def. test driven
Old Apr 8, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

yeah they trade vehicles thats why the mileage some dealerships will trade certain cars to others that dont have ..
Old Apr 8, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

i put a deposit on mine and it had 2 miles on it, still covered in plastic n all ... it had 11 miles when i picked it up the next day ... hmm
Old Apr 8, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boybeatertsi
i put a deposit on mine and it had 2 miles on it, still covered in plastic n all ... it had 11 miles when i picked it up the next day ... hmm
Mine had 6 miles covered in plastic, and 8 miles as delivered. I would have been pretty cranky if I knew my dealership put 9 miles on it prior to delivery.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i bought my 9 with 18 miles on it and my x with 14...40 something is insane for a car that was never test driven...

Quick Reply: How many miles on a new car?