Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Buschur Racing's EVO X on the road course.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations, David, that's great news! It'll be even more interesting I bet after a full tune!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by love9sick
Holy crap! just like I thought, this car will dominate on the track. This car blows me away in the rain as well, and we don't have a lack of rain here in IL at the moment for sure. Keep up the good work.
Blows you away yea everytime it's raining and you take turns fast I nearly **** myself everytime. Starting to get used to it which is bad because then for my next car I will want a car that can handle like that.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^i have been driving it in the rain in IL past week and i have to agree the car is superb in the rain.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Right on Buschur!!!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The car is un-tuned. The boost is very low too, lower than stock. Stock tires/wheels. My guess is the car is lower on power right now than it would have been stock, simply because the boost is so low.

Today was another great day. I skipped the last session but ran the first 3 in very wet/rain/mixed snow conditions. The EVO X quite simply kicks some serious booty.

There was a Ford Racing team of some sort there this weekend. They kept jumping into our group, breaking rules etc. Cars were fast no doubt. So the 2nd Session today I had my 2nd Instructor of the day in my car (I had one 1st session and 2nd to get my booked signed-get to that in minute). So I went out on the track first, Mustang behind me. I am determined to leave an impression on the instructor. The warm up lap he is already riding me. Green flag drops, the BS stops. I was surprised how fast he was even in the rain. I saw him putting on some crazy looking rain tires, they worked........mostly Every corner he'd run up on me, by the exit I was pulled quite a few car lengths away. Then a long straight would come and he'd catch me again, corner, I'd leave put more distance on. So one or two laps of this I decided to back off and told the instructor, I'm gonna let him pass, so I signalled him to pass. The instructor said, "Let's see what this fockers got." The role was reversed, he'd pull away in the straight, I'd catch him in the corner. We got behind a car or two in lap traffic and he got some passes in and off he went. I forgot about him as I never saw him again.

I came off the track, parked the car and was heading to the download meeting. I'm talking on my cel phone and walking and what do I see? (sorry, I hate to laugh so I am not going to put up and hahaha's or smiley faces) His car on a rollback, smashed all to hell on the front end. That was two wrecks with the same car in one weekend. I realize I am new at this but I am pretty sure no matter how fast you are, if you wreck.........doesn't matter much, I think, like I said I am new at this

My goal from the first day was to learn how to drive and move into TT, get my license etc. Well I am proud to say I got signed off by two seperate instructors today to move into Group 4, which is the step that needs to be made to go into TT.

I don't know what it is about NASA and the instructors but it is such a good time. At the end of every weekend I have felt very strange, hard to describe actually, best way to describe it (yes this is going to sound very "gay") is warm and fuzzy. Like I want to thank the instructors, other competitors, grid guys, corner workers etc.

For those of you that haven't tried it, GET OUT THERE AND DO IT. I waited 40 years to try it the first time, it was too long. I am HOOOOKED NOW!

Great car, great times.

Thanks for reading.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The car is un-tuned. The boost is very low too, lower than stock. Stock tires/wheels. My guess is the car is lower on power right now than it would have been stock, simply because the boost is so low.

Today was another great day. I skipped the last session but ran the first 3 in very wet/rain/mixed snow conditions. The EVO X quite simply kicks some serious booty.

There was a Ford Racing team of some sort there this weekend. They kept jumping into our group, breaking rules etc. Cars were fast no doubt. So the 2nd Session today I had my 2nd Instructor of the day in my car (I had one 1st session and 2nd to get my booked signed-get to that in minute). So I went out on the track first, Mustang behind me. I am determined to leave an impression on the instructor. The warm up lap he is already riding me. Green flag drops, the BS stops. I was surprised how fast he was even in the rain. I saw him putting on some crazy looking rain tires, they worked........mostly Every corner he'd run up on me, by the exit I was pulled quite a few car lengths away. Then a long straight would come and he'd catch me again, corner, I'd leave put more distance on. So one or two laps of this I decided to back off and told the instructor, I'm gonna let him pass, so I signalled him to pass. The instructor said, "Let's see what this fockers got." The role was reversed, he'd pull away in the straight, I'd catch him in the corner. We got behind a car or two in lap traffic and he got some passes in and off he went. I forgot about him as I never saw him again.

I came off the track, parked the car and was heading to the download meeting. I'm talking on my cel phone and walking and what do I see? (sorry, I hate to laugh so I am not going to put up and hahaha's or smiley faces) His car on a rollback, smashed all to hell on the front end. That was two wrecks with the same car in one weekend. I realize I am new at this but I am pretty sure no matter how fast you are, if you wreck.........doesn't matter much, I think, like I said I am new at this

My goal from the first day was to learn how to drive and move into TT, get my license etc. Well I am proud to say I got signed off by two seperate instructors today to move into Group 4, which is the step that needs to be made to go into TT.

I don't know what it is about NASA and the instructors but it is such a good time. At the end of every weekend I have felt very strange, hard to describe actually, best way to describe it (yes this is going to sound very "gay") is warm and fuzzy. Like I want to thank the instructors, other competitors, grid guys, corner workers etc.

For those of you that haven't tried it, GET OUT THERE AND DO IT. I waited 40 years to try it the first time, it was too long. I am HOOOOKED NOW!

Great car, great times.

Thanks for reading.
Great write up. I haven't been to the track yet and may catch the next one as I am very excited to see what the X can do on the track and what I can do as a driver. This was inspiring.

Did you leave the stock pads on? If so how did they do?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

You didn't answer Robi's question.
"Now take the traction control OFF....or do you like nannys?"

I remember just 1 year ago you were all worried and talked about swapping paint. Bring that X over to an AMS event and run with the big boys.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats David! Glad everything worked out good. Now its time to turn it up when the weather gets better and see what she can do!

Chris
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

I left all the traction stuff turned on, don't want to wreck a car I owe $30k+ on.

Stock brakes on the car, they were flawless.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

You had me rolling man when I was on the phone with you... you were like "bhahaha, the jack azz in the Mustang is going out on a flat bed with a wrecked car!".

what did you call him?... a HOTDOG?

I might have to fix up the Talon for this kind of racing and give it a try, sounds like it is a TON of fun.

I charged up all my batterys in the camcorder and my camera, for some pics lastnight. To bad the weather was azz i'll get the X in action next time! Congrats on being 1 step closer to those licences man
Old Apr 13, 2008, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks VW. Next time we all gotta meet up down there. I think from now on I am going to stay down there, I did both nights this time and it was worth the money to not make the drive early in the morning and late evening. You have to try it!!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

you have any in car vid?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

I do not have any in car video, sorry. I should have taken the camera with me and forgot.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 04:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Nice write up!

There were no rules banning drivers after one off track incident? Most driving clubs will end a driver's day / weekend if go off track just once or twice. That Mustang driver crashed twice?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

If you go 2 wheels off they recommend you come in to the pits, if you go 4 off it is mandatory you come into the pits and get checked. Body contact will get you tossed. Crashing your ride in the rain...........seems to just be costly

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's EVO X on the road course.