Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EVO X best 1/4 mile time????

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, we went to the track. 12.70 at 111.4 mph. Also, with a **** poor slipping stock clutch. No tuning at all, no fuel cut defencers. 93 octane only in the tank, about 5/8th of a tank.

We need to see if Exedy is making a clutch yet, I'll stick with the stock one before I put in an ACT.

We also just got the ECU reflashed by Dynoflash, I will be putting the car back on the dyno Monday to see the improvements.

I have no boost gauge in the car and had turned the boost all the way off when I ran it on the road course at Mid Ohio for three days. I turned it back up at the track and guessed. The 12.70 @ 111 the car did not hit fuel cut (24 psi) so we were under that somewhere, no much though. Boost gauge is next on the list haha

The car is freaking GREAT on the road course. If you own one, GO THERE. Much better track car than drag car.

Obviously we do not have the ET record on the X but I think we do have the MPH right now. Everyone is fresh with this car and trying to figure it out. ET's/MPH will drop drastically this year for sure for everyone.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The other night my transmission would not let me go into 3rd, I held the clutch in and waited for the rpms to finally drop. No slipping yet, however I'm not even pressing the car, I just had it at an upper rpm and 3rd just wasn't having it. I find the transmission to have a mind of it's own at times. I honestly believe it's all about finding the correct throw/release, at times it feels like a million bucks, next time it's yeah (acting up)...