Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ughhhh I curbed my wheel!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ughhhh I curbed my wheel!!

Well tonight after dinner a pedestrian decided to walk out in the middle of the road while I was taking a right hand turn on a green arrow and in order to avoid hitting him I had to swerve. While swerving my right passanger side rear wheel kissed the curb!! Then the illegally crossing pedestrain had the nerve to flip me off!!! I really though about getting out of the car and beating the guy around, but thought I had managed without hitting the rim. Well when I got home I was wrong there was about a 3 inch curb mark on the outer part of the rim. I am sick! I already got out the sand paper out and got the rash smoothed out and I am pretty sure with some properlly matched paint and clear that I could make it that no one would ever know, but I do not know what paint to use. Does anyone know what color of paint would match our rims best that I could get at a local auto or harware store in order to match our color of rims best? Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, I really am pissed off about this now and if i can not get it fxed to my satisfaction I will end up having to get a whole new wheel and I really do not want to fork out the cash for that right now. I was so excited about getting home too because I knew that my WORKS high flow air filter was waiting for me at my doorstep and now my excitement is all gone.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Damn that sucks big time! Sorry man, I wouldn't know where to begin to help you but good luck. P.S. I would go back and beat his *** down
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kreeker
I would have killed the pedestrian to avoid curbing my wheel.

Any rational jury/judge would let you off.
lol only if one of them drove an evo!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Hey man, I feel your pain! It's happened to all of us at one point or another Anyway, not sure where you live, but there are rim repair shops that can make your rim look brand new. Usually a $100 will cover the repair on a small gouge like the one you described. Don't bother doing it yourself, just spend the money and get it fixed. Good luck man.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys the support makes me feel better. If I would of known that I hit the curb with my rim and not the tire the guy would of paid. I live in a college town and this was some preppy *** college kid on his cell phone. He is actually really lucky that I thought I just hit the tire and he does not even know it.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JapanEvo4
Hey man, I feel your pain! It's happened to all of us at one point or another Anyway, not sure where you live, but there are rim repair shops that can make your rim look brand new. Usually a $100 will cover the repair on a small gouge like the one you described. Don't bother doing it yourself, just spend the money and get it fixed. Good luck man.
Yea there is a place in the town over called "Wheel Wizards" that can fix anything, but I am pretty sure with the right paint that I can fix this myself and avoid the hassle of having to take off the wheel and leaving it with them to fix.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:39 PM

if you hit a guy walking across the road in a cross walk its still your fault, so either way you did the right thing.. plus its just a rim!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kreeker
I would have killed the pedestrian to avoid curbing my wheel.

Any rational jury/judge would let you off.
lol...thanks for the laugh.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsi2evo
if you hit a guy walking across the road in a cross walk its still your fault, so either way you did the right thing.. plus its just a rim!

He was walking across a "solid red hand" to stop and I had a green turn arrow. Defantally his fault and my rim is worth more to me than his life....lol
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:44 PM

Well dont matter here, you hit someone in the street, its your fault.... but goodluck on the fix!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
He was walking across a "solid red hand" to stop and I had a green turn arrow. Defantally his fault and my rim is worth more to me than his life....lol
Yeah you'd still have a hard time winning, he's in the crosswalk. I live in Boston and I rarely ever see anyone even hit the walk button.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:56 PM
Account Disabled

Should have looked before you turned.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Check ebay they might have a replacement rim if the paint doesn't work out!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

I am so bumbed...I am going to try and get some sleep now. Tomorrow my day will be ruined until I get home and try to fix this for myself. I have always been so carefull with my cars and I have never curbed a wheel, had a door ding, rashed a front lip or even been in a car accident in my 11 years of driving. Hopefully someone tomorrow can lead me in the right direction to fix this so I can relax. Thanks for help and good words.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:00 PM

ouch that sucks.

And omg, that means if I was to be driving lets say 25 MPH and some retarded **** that's standing still in the sidewalk, and I pass by and once I almost hit the point when i pass him he decides to walk off the side walk towards my car and I hit him, does that mean it still my fault? lol I mean that literally gave me no time to react to it.

Also there might be some stupid people that WANT you to hit them, so you can give them money and what not, does that mean it still my fault since I hit him in the street? xD if it is, man I might have just gave ideas to people to be running off streets and getting hit at low max speed limit streets xD

Quick Reply: Ughhhh I curbed my wheel!!