Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Garage419.com Compares Evo X & New STi. Video.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And what's wrong with the door of the evo looking like an acura tl. lol (receding hair lined jerk off)
Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm maybe i should buy a TL now?
Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, yes, that was not the most professional or even review. However, having tested the cars, many of his points are true. Like it or not, the STI has a better quality interior and is more comfortable. I personally feel the STI always sounds better as well, but of course once with a downpipe is not a fair comparison to a stock evo and certainly not on the dyno. The seats while more comfortable have no where near enough lateral support though, the steering wheel is too big, and while slightly shorter, there is not a huge difference in shifter throw. I do somewhat agree with their comments on teh exterior look. The STI photographs poorly and to me looks good in person. I actually prefer it to the evo looks. But I think their other comments on the evo's looks are not as defendable. The new wing design works fine with the lines, and the tail lights although different, still work with the car.

Overall, the review seemed a bit more like two random people talking than a professional review or discussion of any kind. It seemed apparent that the shop shown was a bit STI biased as well as the owner of the shop.

Most importantly, it leaves out the only part that matters which is the drive. Drive both and the difference is very apparent and the evo just has a better performance feel.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

that was the worst low budget car show ever, what channel is that on? that was a total bashing on the evo, so far 10 different magazines have picked the evo over the sti, but i guess if you do all the tests in a garage the sti will win
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ironballz
I "definitely" second that vote...definitely.

Oooh the STI with a custom downpipe sounds better than the Evo!......uhhhh....
It doesn't matter what exhaust you put on the EVO, the Suby will always sound better .
They new STi is ugly as hell and the owner of the shop is dumb *** he just agree with everything the other guy said. I think the EVO looks better in person than in photographs .
Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

I didn't care for that review, it was very STI... To each their own but I like the interior of the X. BTW they forgot to mention the X comes with navi too! But you achieve 5 extra hp in the STI for each button, lol.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
this wasn't a review ... this was an opinion, from two who know who?
And for that, it was exactable. Just an opinion
Old Apr 18, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
oh and they forgot to mention the world wide recall on the 2.5 turbo charged engine.....
or the door its scraping the fenders... etc... quality doesn't apply either evo or sti , period.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evofan_08
And what's wrong with the door of the evo looking like an acura tl. lol (receding hair lined jerk off)
Nice tl. You have turbo or thats just for show
Old Apr 18, 2008, 02:57 PM

yea thats one bad *** tl..
Old Apr 19, 2008, 03:00 AM
Evolving Member

Look at all the buttons man, wow!!!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

who cares what the evo interior looks like. It's always been about functionality for us. The seats are better (no leather, higher bolsters) and the steering wheel has the s-awc buttons on it. Who cares if there's oak or burlnut with suede lining and 47-way power seats. Everyone keeps complaining about the weight so how much heavier would it be with a "nice" interior? Enjoy the car for what it is, a toned down, weekend track racer. Stop looking at your damn dash and hit that apex!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Interior means nothing to me, but I do like the overall interior of the X. It is plastic filled but what interior isn't (based on the X's price). I've noticed many different things from my GTS to the X, they hardly share any of the same parts, both interior and exterior. Both cars are nice but the X is much more sexier in film or in person than the STI (just my opinion). One of my best friends owns a STI, maybe I should compare his car to mine and upload it via you tube, so all of us Xtremest's can have a biased opinion lol.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

I know why the host liked the STi interior better than the Evo X . . .

he's a chubby lard ***. Have you seen or better yet sat in the STi seats?

No thank you I like my Recaro's just fine even with the plastic carbon-look and the possibility of a staple coming loose on the passenger side.

And man I really wish my Evo X had some cool buttons like the STi

And when they compare engine sounds ... people have already mentioned that the STi had a few mods already ... but it also had the hood up. From my experience cars are louder with the hood up no?

I'd happily compare the X to a TL ...

Better than looking like a Toyota Matrix

Old Apr 20, 2008, 02:07 AM
Evolved Member

^^^

Comon, no reason to hate! We all know Evo X interior < STI interior while Evo exterior > STI exterior...and we all know which one is the better car

Quick Reply: Garage419.com Compares Evo X & New STi. Video.