Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Leather coming in GSR...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather in 100+ degree weather = swampa$$ lol

you know what i'm talkin bout
Old Apr 23, 2008, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really do not know what else will be available, I only asked about leather and the six speed tranny. Yes on the leather and I have not heard about it on the six speed.

I have been toying with the idea of a hide a way trailer hitch behind the plate. Basically I would make a plate holder that would allow the plate to flip up so I could plug a reciever in, next to the reciever receptical would be the wiring harness. No to clarify, I would be pulling a completely stripped out pop up trailer, just something to transport my R/C airplanes and helicopters. All up weight being towed would be under 750 lbs, possibly under 500 lbs. Then I would have the best of both worlds!

I will have to look at what is behind the plate, but the hitch would not need to be very healy duty at all, not even a class I hitch. I would just need to see what all is back there first....
Old Apr 23, 2008, 01:21 PM

There is no option for leather in the GSR, Mitsubishi feels it is one of the key features to set appart the GSR from the MR, maybe a ftermarket kits, we offer it in our dealership i am actually getting red for my Wicked White......
Old Apr 23, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Have your Sales Manager look up the options on his screen, the salesman I talked to said that this was the only way to see it, a normal sales person was not able to look it up.

It would be flat out stupid for Mitsubishi NOT to offer leather in the GSR if it is going to be offered in the RallyArt which is supposed to be below the GSR. And it IS optional in the RA.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...0421081535.jpg
Old Apr 23, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
Its a good thing I care nothing about leather.
+1
Old Apr 23, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

1. I'm not a big fan of leather either...hot as hell in the summer and burns your legs and in the winter it's as cold as ice...lol....plus like everyone else said you slide around in your seat which is teh suck...

2. As for trunk space i haven't actually seen one up close and in person since i'm in the desert but from what i hear a golf bag does fit in the trunk with the SSS package...so thats a pretty decent amount of room....I play goalie in hockey so i need a decent sized trunk to fit my bag back there.

3. Piggybacking off my last point if i can't fit stuff in the trunk aka my snowboard then that bizznatch goes in the back seat...i also put my goalie sticks and stuff back there...really IMHO there is plenty of room for crap in the new evo....kinda like in maintenance "you gotta get creative with it"
Old Apr 23, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

i love leather but the cloth we have in the current X will wear much better
Old Apr 23, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

You wouldn't really slide around that much in leather bolstered seats like the X has in it now...the bolsters would still hold you in place for the most part although I agree you might move a little more than with the cloth. Even if the dealership doesn't offer leather in the future years for the evo x...it's not like you can't buy aftermarket leather kits for the stock seats or even better still some Bride leather seats or Sparco's.

If I decide to change to leather down the line it will be because Mitsu has to replace my cloth seats if I end up with the staple problems a few have mentioned under warranty and I'll complain until they agree to swap to leather or more than likely I'll put some Bride black leather seats in it after I get a few other basic mods out of the way for the car ~Trent
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xbox4414
They are very small because of the battery and fluid in the back. Also because of those you can't fold down the back seats. It's not a luggage friendly car. In fact I had to cancel my end of the year snowboard trip bc there was no way to haul my board up. However although leather would be nice I love the cloth now.

Yakima?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rguy
HAHAHAH. Roommates = lots of toys HT GDD FTW!

Fixed.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

I had leather in my rsx, i'm actually liking the cloth in the X.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by felickz
Yakima?
Bingo! Yakima makes roof racks for the performance enthusiasts! They have a special wind blocking plate on the front to make the roof rack more aerodynamic!

I'm a big fan of the roof rack when it comes to little or no cargo.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FLK
Who says roof racks aren't cool?

Thats ok looking just a little too high for my taste.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

I wasn't a fan of leather originally. My Subie has it and I have grown pretty fond of it, especially heated. I would appreciate a moonroof as well please... I can live without it though.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

There are a couple of issues with a moonroof, number one they have to put in a steel roof instead of the aluminum. This leads to several neagative results, a higher cg, more weight, and less headroom.

The dealer I talked to seemed to think that a moonroof may be an option, but I kind of question this one. It just seems like that would be going in the wrong direction, but if the consumers want it then they may get it...

Quick Reply: Leather coming in GSR...