Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Leather coming in GSR...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2008, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could care less about a moon roof. Give me fold down seats damnit!
Old Apr 24, 2008, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by hiwind
Leather in 100+ degree weather = swampa$$ lol

you know what i'm talkin bout
there is nothing like sound of @ss cheek sticking to hot sweaty leather seats like velcro
Old Apr 24, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am with you DC4Dan, even HALF of the seat folding down would be better then none.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

I wish the rear armrest/cup holder thing went all the way through to the trunk. That would be great! Then i could actually fit a snowboard through. Hmm custom setup in the future maybe?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Only problem is that there is a lot of stuff in the way. I actually had an Odyssey 680 battery that I put under my passenger seat on my VIII. It worked great, you could not just sit and listen to the radio with the car off, but it started it every time, even in 20 degree weather.

Even if we did something like that we would have to figure out a way to make the seat fold.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by USP45
It would be flat out stupid for Mitsubishi NOT to offer leather in the GSR if it is going to be offered in the RallyArt which is supposed to be below the GSR. And it IS optional in the RA.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...0421081535.jpg
That's not been proven at all. And those are Concept X seats that wound up in a test car, not production seating.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

The RA's were purported to have been production examples.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

I'm inclined to call bull.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 09:19 PM

I am with you DC4Dan, even HALF of the seat folding down would be better then none.

I thought the same thing lol.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by EvoXstylin
I wish the rear armrest/cup holder thing went all the way through to the trunk. That would be great! Then i could actually fit a snowboard through. Hmm custom setup in the future maybe?
LOL! Then you should have bought an Audi, there is even a special bag in there for ski's or snowboard. Plus the seats still fold. The EVO is an all out performance sedan and thus buyers have to do without certain luxury and conveniences. If you want those type of things in a car, then look to another make or model. It's that simple.

Last edited by Evil_X; Apr 25, 2008 at 05:35 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

yea, the moonroof is a no no... As stated the center of gravity and then the weight.... This is a performance car

And the folding seats, there is a structural brace back there ... Again, this is a performance car....

Wonder why the evo handles better than the sti? That's one of the reasons

Does the new m3 coupe have a moonroof? The gtr?

I admit the trunk is tiny, but these are all just things you have to be able to handle in a car meant for optimal performance vs "just a tarted up econobox"
Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:18 AM
Jan
Evolving Member

... isnt a moon roof an option for the mr? and for the GSR in canada?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evil_X
LOL! Then you should have bought an Audi, there is even a special bag in there for ski's or snowboard. Plus the seats still fold. The EVO is an all out performance sedan and thus buyers have to do without certain luxury and conveniences. If you want those type of things in a car, then look to another make or model. It's that simple.
oh believe me i know about that, my parents both have audi's.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:34 PM

Any pics of said leather seats? I have heard the Recaros in cloth are held together by hopes and dreams, maybe if they are re-done in leather they will you know, last more than 3k miles...
Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:38 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I went to the Mitsubishi and Subaru dealerships today to take another look. While at Mitsu I was asking a salesman a few questions and he said that an option for leather now shows up on their ordering computer and that it will be available before MY 09. Now this is what he said so a dealer on here will have to confirm but a I told him that I was not buying until I get back from training in Feb so I do not see why he would lie about it.

Unfortunatly after looking at the trunk in the X and taking a look at the STi I am afraid that a STi may be in my future. I have a 10 month old son, I fly R/C airplanes and helicopters and I hunt, the hatchback just makes sense. really like the Evo A LOT, but I do not want to have to wait for my wife to get home to use her SUV. Oh well, I will have some learning to do... Maybe I will change my mind again in between here and there.
JC, if you're gonna wuss out, just buy a Honda Element! Don't buy an STI! You'll never forgive yourself. You need to get the Evo and just learn to cram shat in the trunk better.

Quick Reply: Leather coming in GSR...