Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

AutoExpress article takes MR vs STi Spec C

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AutoExpress article takes MR vs STi Spec C

link: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...or_battle.html

The article is speaking about the JDM versions, but they did mention some things that were news to me, highlighting differences between the MR and GSR. Mostly everyone has just pointed out the transmission and interior as the major differences, but it sounds like there may be a bit more than that.

Feast your eyes on the Lancer Evolution X MR and Impreza WRX STi Spec C. The Evo X MR – the badge stands for Mitsubishi Racing – gets a host of cosmetic upgrades, with extra vents and air intakes on the nose to improve cooling. There’s also a revised rear wing and side skirts, plus black alloys. The MR packs around 305bhp – that’s 20bhp more than the entry-level Evo X – which puts it on a par with the standard Impreza WRX STi.

Its 2.0-litre turbocharged direct-injection engine has been reworked to be more responsive at high revs, while still delivering plenty of low-down torque. This translates into a 0-60mph time of less than five seconds.

Although Mitsubishi offers more powerful versions of the Evo X in the UK in the shape of the FQ-330 and FQ-360, they’re only available with a five-speed manual gearbox. The MR comes with an uprated version of the firm’s SST twin-clutch transmission, which means it’s the most powerful paddleshift-equipped Evo X on sale. Mitsubishi’s engineers have also stiffened the bodyshell further in a bid to deliver even sharper handling.
We all know of the TC-SST cooling issues... maybe this was part of the fix? Notice the small vent in front of the hood to the right of the Mitsu star. Thats right where the trans is. And a stiffer chassis? And a better tune? Plus some more power, stock? So much for the TC-SST blowing up with a drop-in filter Cosmetically, they seem to be subtle changes, but for the better imo. I'm digging those wheels

Old Apr 30, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by blk-majik
link: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...or_battle.html

The article is speaking about the JDM versions, but they did mention some things that were news to me, highlighting differences between the MR and GSR. Mostly everyone has just pointed out the transmission and interior as the major differences, but it sounds like there may be a bit more than that.

We all know of the TC-SST cooling issues... maybe this was part of the fix? Notice the small vent in front of the hood to the right of the Mitsu star. Thats right where the trans is. And a stiffer chassis? And a better tune? Plus some more power, stock? So much for the TC-SST blowing up with a drop-in filter Cosmetically, they seem to be subtle changes, but for the better imo. I'm digging those wheels

" We all know of the TC-SST cooling issues... maybe this was part of the fix? the small vent in front of the hood to the right of the Mitsu star.Thats right where the trans is. "

????? this site always amaze me....
when i think i see all then always something comes up...
Old Apr 30, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i dont know how the 291 to 305 comes up to 20 extra also....
great source!
Old Apr 30, 2008, 02:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i dont know how the 291 to 305 comes up to 20 extra also....
great source!
All of that information is in regards to the JDM model which I believe is rated at 285 HP.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

where the fak is my evo MR?!
Old Apr 30, 2008, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

this article is absolute BS. they got their info from one of the japanese mags. all rumors and hearsay at this point imo. i mean direct injected? they'd make THAT radical a change to the engine after ONE year on the market? not if they have ANY business sense...
Old Apr 30, 2008, 04:30 PM

We all know of the TC-SST cooling issues... maybe this was part of the fix? Notice the small vent in front of the hood to the right of the Mitsu star. Thats right where the trans is.
What cooling issues with the SST? I've heard nothing of this in reviews, track days, etc.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

people know this is only for the jdm evos right were not getting any of that
Old Apr 30, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evilution310
people know this is only for the jdm evos right were not getting any of that
Good, that front bumper is terrible.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Whoa, direct injection? I doubt that. LOVE that bumper though.