Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Why doesn't Mitsubishi embrace the aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know South Coast Mitsu has aftermarket parts that they sell + install...
Old May 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My local dealership in NJ was selling brand new modified at the dealership Evo VIII/IXs with Bushur parts (I remember it unofficially generated about 350HPs) and the dealership honored the warranty but I guess in order for the warrant to be valid all the work had to be done at that particular spot.
Old May 8, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Mirsu does not want the "street racer" image for its brand anymore hence why there are no more VR-4 twin turbos, no more turbo eclipses, no more 3000GTs and a less potent EVO... They stated this when questioned by critiques about the direction of the 2000 eclipse..
Old May 8, 2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by ExcessLancer
Mirsu does not want the "street racer" image for its brand anymore hence why there are no more VR-4 twin turbos, no more turbo eclipses, no more 3000GTs and a less potent EVO... They stated this when questioned by critiques about the direction of the 2000 eclipse..
less potent evo

youre the best troll around here
Old May 8, 2008, 02:57 PM

i know the dealership where right by where i live has after market stuff for the evo x. They try to promote it a lot as well. For stuff like body mods and CAI and exhaust, as well i believe clutches they all warranty the work they do.
Old May 8, 2008, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most mild bolt on performance items do not void you warranty, except the items it effects. This is true for most car companies. I have had work done on both my Evo IX and X with out any out of pocket expense. I do think that it does depend on the dealer you go to. Don Herring here in Plano is one of the best Mitsu dealers around.
Old May 8, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Then why did they essentially go back to the 95-99 body style in '06? Actually the 06 eclipse is FASTER than the 90's GSX and this coming from a fan of that car (I had 2 during the 90s).

They stopped making the 3000GT because of sales...everyone with that type of dough were buying SUVs for some reason...notice that Toyota stopped the supra, mr2 and celica about the same time, Acura discontinued the RSX/integra and Honda the Prelude...Nissan stopped the Z...See a trend? The sports coupe and even the sports sudan were few and far between up until 2000-2002 when the started making a comeback (at least among Japanese manufacturers). There was also a concerted trend away from turbos in general.

To the original poster's question, I think that they are starting to think about it, hense the strut braces and add on aero bits being offered for the X....not like Subaru's SPT division but clearly they are starting to think that direction.

Last edited by jimm; May 8, 2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old May 8, 2008, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Spazpilot
Most mild bolt on performance items do not void you warranty, except the items it effects. This is true for most car companies. I have had work done on both my Evo IX and X with out any out of pocket expense. I do think that it does depend on the dealer you go to. Don Herring here in Plano is one of the best Mitsu dealers around.
Do you know if getting an aftermarket exhaust, fmic, intake & coilovers would void the warranty with them?

I'm really close to Carrollton, I live at Marsh & George Bush. It's crazy, I have yet to see an X on the streets in Dallas... I've been lookin too. I drive from here to Frisco every day for work. Blows me away... exotic cars everywhere, no Evo X's...

I can't stop thinking about getting one, I'm saving for decent down pay.... waiting sucks. lol
Old May 8, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

This forum would be better off without your stupidity.
Old May 8, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

im pretty sure its all about money... mitsu has good intentions but with its stock prices so low they really cant afford to do much... after all they are trying to rebuild their company agian and by doing this they can still offer the bare minimum warrenty... i think the next best thing they could do is probly sell and/or install parts at the dealership... sure it will cost more money for us...but at the same time the company will make money, mistu will KNOW the parts are installed corectly, and we will still have our warrenty... but i doubt this will ever happn.... oh well i love my evo anyway
Old May 9, 2008, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Monkeykungphu
Do you know if getting an aftermarket exhaust, fmic, intake & coilovers would void the warranty with them?

I'm really close to Carrollton, I live at Marsh & George Bush. It's crazy, I have yet to see an X on the streets in Dallas... I've been lookin too. I drive from here to Frisco every day for work. Blows me away... exotic cars everywhere, no Evo X's...

I can't stop thinking about getting one, I'm saving for decent down pay.... waiting sucks. lol
I have the following mods in my sig and getting some warranty work done as we speak. They have also given the update reflash for the idle problem. I drive by marsh and bush all the time I live off of josey and hebron. Look for an octane blue evo. Gene the service manager there is great and will work with you as much as he can. none of the items mention should effect you warranty except for the items replace. for instance if you were to do an intake upgrade and shortly after your MAS goes bad they would decline the work based on the fact that a intake does effect the mass sensor. some items are just abuse but I have alway had good luck with dealers when it came down to warranty work. Bigger turbo/cams/boost controller will and should IMO void warranties. Its just something we are face with if you planning on modding.
Old May 9, 2008, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

the only reason- it's not profitable. less than 5% of cars on the road are performance cars. of that 5%, only 1% of those are modded. our world is an annoying fly on the backs of auto makers. 1st it was the car audio industry, now its the tuning industry...
Old May 9, 2008, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Buzzzzzzz

Originally Posted by housedj
the only reason- it's not profitable. less than 5% of cars on the road are performance cars. of that 5%, only 1% of those are modded. our world is an annoying fly on the backs of auto makers. 1st it was the car audio industry, now its the tuning industry...
But yet has touted the EVO as their premier car and integrated or "EVO-tized" some of its other models. So doesn't this approach draw more flys?
Old May 9, 2008, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bottom line - let's get mitsu to honor their own warranty b4 going gung ho about aftermarket parts...it's ridiculous seeing wings fade w/ < 40K, brembos peeling, etc etc...if it wasnt for the evo, outlander, let alone the new lancer, mitsu would've been done for

If it wasn't for the evo, who would own a mitsu during this millenium anywayz? (sry lancer owners no disrespect)
Old May 9, 2008, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Mitsubishi is currently looking into there own brand of factory supported after market accessories for the US. (Ralliart/Works) There has been mention (from the president of Mitsubishi) of Ralliart after market support in every national dealer meeting for some time now. There is even research being done as we speak. Lots of rumors and speculation as to what is being developed and considered. One thing is for sure though. Mitsubishi is going to have there own (SVT/AMG/SRT/Mazdaspeed/) The list goes on and on. Maybe not this year......but it will happen.

Quick Reply: Why doesn't Mitsubishi embrace the aftermarket?