Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Yay! My handbrake cover popped off!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06 MR
yea u can break without an e brake and u can shift without a shiftknob but it kinda sux when u buy a brand new car and all u have is problems with it .. even if they are minor issues it still sux
I hear ya
Old May 13, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

ya with all the issues im not getting it until the next year at least.
Old May 13, 2008, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The guy that can't get his car into first got a bad tranny in his car. It sux, but it happens. With a first year car there will always be a small percentage of people who get the "quirky" ones that have issues. Most people with X's including myself have no problems at all aside from the general notchiness that all X's have. Mitsu trannys are a little rough and always have been, but they last well enough if treated properly. To the guy that said your seat popped, what do you mean? Did the seat actually break?
Old May 13, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
The guy that can't get his car into first got a bad tranny in his car. It sux, but it happens. With a first year car there will always be a small percentage of people who get the "quirky" ones that have issues. Most people with X's including myself have no problems at all aside from the general notchiness that all X's have. Mitsu trannys are a little rough and always have been, but they last well enough if treated properly. To the guy that said your seat popped, what do you mean? Did the seat actually break?
No that was the seat staple that most of you evo x guys are getting
Old May 13, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

^Oh, well in that case it's an easy fix. Just take off the faux carbon cover of the harness hole and pull the fabric up and position the staple at a downward angle. This way the tension of the fabric pulling down actually forces the staple into the foam as it was intended to be from the factory. This was just an oversight by recaro and is very easy to fix.
Old May 13, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kobi2002
There is a guy that can't get the car in 1st gear now after 1100 miles. So i guess everyone will tell him just deal with it
Who needs first! You can take off on second!
Old May 13, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 628
Who needs first! You can take off on second!
Nice
Old May 13, 2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by spdracr
ya with all the issues im not getting it until the next year at least.
When do the '09's come out? Don't car releases usually happen in the previous fall of that year sometime?
Old May 13, 2008, 07:55 PM
Account Disabled

wow, it's weird seeing all these problems. i think it has to do with when mitsu made your car. the first batches seem to have the most problems. my seats are fine, my car has no rough idles, etc. if you think about it, mitsu sold 346 X's in april right? i'm sure less than 10 had these problems. it's not widespread, but it does suck if it happens.

at least it's not like honda where every stinkin Si had a 3rd gear pop. i hated that crap
Old May 13, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Those parts are put on at the Port of entry for the car. Its not a reflection on Mitsu, its a reflection on the idiots that rushed putting those parts on. The port left out several bolts on my Aero kit, but the dealership quickly resolved that for me. It sucks that people just dont care about doing a good job anymore.
Old May 15, 2008, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by PDXEvo
The port left out several bolts on my Aero kit, but the dealership quickly resolved that for me.
What bolts? I've noticed that the right side skirt on my Aero Package hangs a bit lower than the left side. I was thinking an adjustment might be in order. But, I also noticed 5 other new X's at the dealer with the same issue. Just wondering more about the bolts.
Old May 15, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 628
I don't know what they call it, but I have the special looking handbrake with the cover that says "Lancer Evolution."

Anyway, today I pulled it up to engage it, and it just slid right off. Yes, I use it all day every day, every time I park, and no, I don't abuse it..

And not to mention, this was with my girl friend (almost girlfriend, one word ) in the car, so it was pretty embarrassing..

So I thought whatever, I'll just ignore it for the time being and wait 'til I get home to try to screw it back in (2 screws holding it in)...so I get home, and it seems the thread stripped (on its own!)...leaving me no chance of fixing it.

Don't get the wrong idea, it still works! It's just...it slides off when I use it.

Guess I'm making a trip down to my local Mitsubishi tomorrow!

(Pics later, though it's not much to look at!)
Woo hoo! You seem very upbeat about this!

Not cool. Hope they fix with no hassle.
Old May 15, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

So a handle or shifter falls off, at least the wheel didn't fall off or you have electrical or mechanical issues like most other BMWs get. It's an Evo all the R&D was spent on Power Train and then left it to 8 year olds to design the interior so yea it might have an issue or two in that section. The most important sections are well over engineered which I approve.
Old May 15, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
mine is still holding strong.
any pictures, how its popping up?
Old May 16, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

how is this surprising anyone... first off it's mitsubishi, second it's the introduction year of a new vehicle... sucks yes, surprising not really

Quick Reply: Yay! My handbrake cover popped off!