Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Can't lock doors w/ turbo timer

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2008, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by janvin21
hmmm... I just install an apex turbo timer on my X and there's nothing wrong with it, I can lock my X while the engine is running, I don't know how you set up your turbo timer, mine is working fine.
Do they make the plug and play harness for the X yet for the Apexi turbo timers?
Old May 20, 2008, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Turbo timers are pretty overrated. Unless your car is built up and/or you've been hardcore tracking or beating on it you shouldn't really need to be letting the car sit there idling for more than like 10-15 seconds...MAX!!

Most people who use them probably think it will befuddle other non-car people to see a car running without a key and shut itself off and that adds to their enjoyment. Otherwise it seems a bit silly to have one, especially if you are running into problems.

As you near your destination stay out of the boost for a few minutes and your car should be completely fine to shut off if it worries you so bad. If that's not good enough, let it sit there for a little. It doesn't have to sit THAT long. If you are ragging on your car up until you get to your destination you should probably change your driving habit.
Old May 20, 2008, 01:53 PM

probably a wiring issue. my buddies got the same problem
Old May 20, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
Turbo timers are pretty overrated. Unless your car is built up and/or you've been hardcore tracking or beating on it you shouldn't really need to be letting the car sit there idling for more than like 10-15 seconds...MAX!!

Most people who use them probably think it will befuddle other non-car people to see a car running without a key and shut itself off and that adds to their enjoyment. Otherwise it seems a bit silly to have one, especially if you are running into problems.

As you near your destination stay out of the boost for a few minutes and your car should be completely fine to shut off if it worries you so bad. If that's not good enough, let it sit there for a little. It doesn't have to sit THAT long. If you are ragging on your car up until you get to your destination you should probably change your driving habit.
i know what mean... its just the fact that i have a spare timer from my old car and since its all plug and play and takes 15 min to install its not a big deal to have one.

now besides the fact i ran into a prob, it sucks. and i drive my car like an evo that it is and waiting anytime at all is wasting time.

i just would like to be cautions and not have to worry either way... theres a fix and its somewhere, its just a matter of time finding it.
Old May 21, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
EVOs (VIII-X) do NOT need turbo timers. Should save your money, the headache of your doors not locking when the car is still runing, and thread space on EvoM.net
Old May 21, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
EVOs (VIII-X) do NOT need turbo timers. Should save your money, the headache of your doors not locking when the car is still runing, and thread space on EvoM.net
well like i said, back in the day i spent the money and bought one and want to put it to use...

last time i checked it wasnt a problem to be cautious...
Old May 21, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Well since you've already purchased it previously, I can understand your wanting to use it. I was simply saying originally that it would save youa headache not having it hooked up. Atleast unhooking it until the problem can be solved.
Old May 21, 2008, 06:38 PM

I have somewhat of the same problem with my IX.
It has a viper alarm and HKS Type 0 and when i try to arm the alarm when the TT is on, it wont arm, but i can use the factory keyless FOB to lock the door.

Maybe because i didn't connect the ECU wire from the TT?

On another note - i don't just use the TT to let the car cool down, i also have it warm up my car. I run outside, turn on the car, set for 3 mins, run inside and do some other stuff. Quite handy if you ask me.
Old May 21, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

well tomorrow i plan on taking it out to do a test... i cant remember if the car would lock if the car was still running like say i had to run to an atm and didnt want to shut the car off but leave it running and lock the doors behind me.

now if that works and it does lock then we know that its a TT problem and should be an easy fix. now if it dont lock then its a mitsu thing and its gonna be a headache trying to get that fixed.

and since it is installed and a headache, i have it set to 30 seconds and usually i can see my car from where im going or i will wait till the timer is in the single digits and lock as im walking away...

does anyone know if having the navi installed, would u be able to adjust and turn on and off features like this threw the navi?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

i know this thread has been dead a for a long time...

checking to see if anyone has figured out or have solved the problem.

my buddy has a apexi timer and his does the same thing.

now has anyone experienced hard driving on there X and when u shut the car off with no timer does the car actually shut off or remaining running till it feels the car is cool enough? cuz if it dont then that oil is just sitting in there wether or not the fan is on or off.

just still looking for some insight.

thanks
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

hmmm... I just install an apex turbo timer on my X and there's nothing wrong with it, I can lock my X while the engine is running, I don't know how you set up your turbo timer, mine is working fine.
I have the same turbo timer and I cannot lock my doors as well... What kind of magic spell did you use to make yours work?! This is so annoying. Someone please help
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

on my last 2 cars I had the same problem. What I noticed was that I could manually lock the doors but when the car shut off they would unlock again. I had to find out the hard way as someone went in my car and stole my stuff. The best solution is to remove the turbo timer as you don't really need it on an X.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

my previous car (mazdaspeed protege) had the same problem.
i had to mess with the wiring in the ignition and basically hardwire the turbo timer AFTER the alarm.

IGNITION ------ ALARM ----- TurboTimer

the factory alarm had to be tricked into thinking that the car shut off as soon as you took the key out.

the way u guys have it hooked up now is: IGNITION ----- TurboTimer ------ ALARM
Old Sep 13, 2008, 12:26 AM

Hi people, I installed my Blitz timer two weeks ago. I never get a chance to test the lock door thing.
Today, I finally test it. It works !! I walked more than 2 ft. away from the car while T-timer count-down. After the car shutoff, you will see the interior turns off, then the door will lock at the same time. The whole thing takes about 1 min from the time you turn the igition to off.
Unfortunately, the headlight has to be switched off manually when you get out of the car. I don't think it matters.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 01:53 AM
Evolving Member

The only reason why it works on your x is because you have a base model evo. So it does not come with fast key.

Quick Reply: Can't lock doors w/ turbo timer