Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Can't lock doors w/ turbo timer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have fast key on mine. You should try if it works when you walk away for about a min. Yes, even without t-timer, fast key won't let you lock the door when the car is running, so there is the problem. Thanks to mitsu. They are so smart. They think people just leave their key in their belief case or purse. Even with the key inside the car, so what? you can still unlock door right?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by razkal
on my last 2 cars I had the same problem. What I noticed was that I could manually lock the doors but when the car shut off they would unlock again. I had to find out the hard way as someone went in my car and stole my stuff. The best solution is to remove the turbo timer as you don't really need it on an X.

Alot of people saying Evo X doesn't need a T-timer. Even the dealer said the same thing. Well, I guess people just don't read their manual . It said let the engine idle for cooling off the turbo after high speed driving. Refer to your manual page 3-85 caution section !!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xXEvilMRxX
The only reason why it works on your x is because you have a base model evo. So it does not come with fast key.
Genius!!! I have been trying to figure out why it works on his for awhile now... Thank you!!!
Old Sep 29, 2008, 08:59 PM

Mine has the same problem, and I asked the foreman in South Cal Mitsu, he said they still have not found a fix on that yet. Anyone tried the Ignition -- Alarm -- Timer setup?
Old Sep 30, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Well .. for us .. BY chance we found out that if you activate the alarm system, you can't lock the car with the turbo timer on ..

Try turning off the alarm and see if that works .. (factory alarm that has the blinker on when you lock it)
Old Oct 1, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

So the only solution I have found is. Lock the doors before you get out, when you open driver door it unlocks, then use the key to lock the door (turn to the left). All the doors will be locked. Works better then walking away slowly and then locking doors. Only pain about it is having to wait for everyone to get out and all doors to be closed then lock the doors then get out and fumble with your key fob getting the key out and locking the door. But like I said, better then nothing IMO...
Old Oct 1, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

seems to me untill there is a fix my TT will sit in the spare parts bin, its just not worth it.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by flyboytb
seems to me untill there is a fix my TT will sit in the spare parts bin, its just not worth it.
Although it doesn't bother me as much now because I can lock my car, I definitely agree with you on that one... Wait it out my friend.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

BUMP BUMP BUMP...

My TT is still sitting in my garage... I'm wondering if there is any new info on this situation?

anybody found a fix other than getting out of the car and manually locking it with the key?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

I doubt it, This doesn't seem like a hot issue.

I'm currently deployed to Iraq and I have been searching and going threw everything I can find on this and I can't find anything.

There has to be somthing in the ECU that can be shut of or changed to allow this. Everything is ran by a computer and that means it can be changed, Its just a matter of someone doing it/figureing it out.

When I get back honeslty this will be on the back burner too. I'm looking forward to getting my car tuned.

I do know if you use the physical key to start the car you can lock the car while it is running with the TT on.

But like some have said Mitsu assumes to much and thinks people are going to leave there keys in the car....
Old Jan 27, 2009, 07:47 AM

on my 03 evo i could lock the doors but when the turbo timer shot off it whould unlock the doors. just came to the point where i would just make sure i drove my car nice for the last few blocks before turning it off .
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have fast key and an alarm and I can go start my car, get out, and engage my alarm (which locks the doors) with no problems. Probably something specific to the turbo timer.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

I have the fastkey and If i start my car (using Fastkey) it will not let me lock the doors with the button on the handle, using the lock button in the inside, manually pushing the lock over on the inside or with the fob. I have not tried using the manual key on the outside yet. It is very frustrating when I want to warm my car up for a couple of minutes because I cant lock it. My other car was broken into so now I really dont want to leave my car running, unlocked, and unattended.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by junction
I have fast key and an alarm and I can go start my car, get out, and engage my alarm (which locks the doors) with no problems. Probably something specific to the turbo timer.
well in my situation...i havent installed my TT yet because i saw this problem...

hmm maybe the aftermarket alarm over rode the whole fastkey security thing...

im so lazy tthat i dont want to try to put the TT on and run into this problem so i was hoping there was a solution...
Old Jan 27, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

you can lock them by the button before you get out but when the time goes to zero the car will unlock itself again

Quick Reply: Can't lock doors w/ turbo timer