Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Can't lock doors w/ turbo timer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by junction
I have fast key and an alarm and I can go start my car, get out, and engage my alarm (which locks the doors) with no problems. Probably something specific to the turbo timer.
This is some good info, I been wanting to get an alarm installed since the stock "security system" is a joke.

But even with that said, that means that it should be something that can be changed in the ecu. I don't know much about tuning or accessing the ecu but is there a way you can look at all the paremeters on the ecu so we might be able to find this issue?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

I have the FAST Key... so i start the car and manually lock the driver's side with the key. /end thread. lawl
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sne2040
I have the FAST Key... so i start the car and manually lock the driver's side with the key. /end thread. lawl
Defeats purpose of the remotes. its easier to lock and roll the window up from the outside than to use the key like someone said.

Like I said before, this is controlled by the computer and it can be changed its just a matter of time.............................................. ..........................
Old Nov 22, 2009, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

bump for answer to almost 2 year old thread. need help with friend's X with HKK Type 1 TT
Old Dec 26, 2009, 01:34 AM

Has there been a solution to this? Is there a way to wire a turbo timer with the FAST key system to lock the doors with the remote?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:04 PM

BUMP anyone found any answers to this?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow you guys are ridiculous, this thread keeps going dead and you keep digging it up. YOU DO NOT NEED A TURBO TIMER, THE CAR AUTOMATICALLY SENSES IF IT IS TOO HOT AND KEEPS COOLANT RUNNING THROUGH THE ENGINE.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why do you need a turbo timer? Do you drive your car like a race car everyday on the highway before you get home?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

I thought that the fan just stayed on...not coolant running through the engine?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why do you need a turbo timer? Do you drive your car like a race car everyday on the highway before you get home?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ►EvolutionX◄
Wow you guys are ridiculous, this thread keeps going dead and you keep digging it up. YOU DO NOT NEED A TURBO TIMER, THE CAR AUTOMATICALLY SENSES IF IT IS TOO HOT AND KEEPS COOLANT RUNNING THROUGH THE ENGINE.
No, coolant doesn't keep running through the engine. The water pump is driven by a belt from the crankshaft pulley. The oil pump is driven by gears. If the engine stops turning, the oil and water stop flowing.

If you hear a whirring noise after you cut off your engine, that's an electric fan cooling water that's sitting still in the radiator.

If you don't want a turbo timer, that's up to you. If I want one, that's up to me.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

im thinking really the only way to do it is this, roll window all the way down, lock doors hit auto up and walk away. Which in turn though is really a huge pain in the rear and makes running a turbo time painful!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

I would think that if the car needed a turbo timer for heavy daily street driving, then Mitsubishi would have installed one.

If I've been driving the car heavily, I'll let it sit for 30 seconds or so before I shut it off. But otherwise, I seriously doubt I even need to be wasting the 30 seconds. It's probably all in my damn head because of all the people that have turbo timers. Either way, I read the manual cover to cover, and I never read anything about letting the car idle after driving heavily, to avoid turbo damage.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 03:30 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Webman
I read the manual cover to cover, and I never read anything about letting the car idle after driving heavily, to avoid turbo damage.
I could've swore I read in the manual that it suggested to let the vehicle cool-down after heavy driving before shutting it off. But maybe I'm just thinking of info I read somewhere else?

This is the reason Mitsu should release a damn PDF of their owner's manuals, so we can easily search for crap like this.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

bump just to see if we every found a answer to this problem

Quick Reply: Can't lock doors w/ turbo timer