Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Can't lock doors w/ turbo timer

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2008, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't lock doors w/ turbo timer

Hey everyone, any input would help.

I can't lock my X with the turbo timer still counting down!
I think this might have something to do with the FAST key entry system.

I posted this on socalevo and no answers and I've talked to the shop foreman at South Coast and he said he's going to look into it.

Just curious if anyone might have found a fix for this.

Thanks
Old May 10, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car probably won't lock doors with the car running so you can't lock yourself out,that being for cars without your setup.
Old May 10, 2008, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

I guess there's some logic in the ECU to prevent the car from locking when it's still on via FOB. Only the dealerships would probably have access to change the settings so they are most likely your best bet.

It's probably safer just to unhook the turbo timer for now though lol.
Old May 11, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

well hopfully they figure that out and can do somehting about it.. i know i am not worried about locking my keys inside..........

i just shut my turbo timer off for the time being...

thanks for ur info
Old May 11, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

The fastkey system on my GTS will not allow you to lock the car with it running/with the key in it. Its part of the anti-moron system im only guessing its the same way with the X
Old May 12, 2008, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you can't lock the car when inside it manually with the car running.
Old May 13, 2008, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Do you use the button on the door handle to try and lock it or do you use the button the the knob. Reason I'm asking is because our 07 altima won't lock using the button the door knob while running but WILL lock if I hit the button on my keyfob. try that maybe?
Old May 13, 2008, 01:57 PM

I keep a spare key in my wallet in case I lock my keys in. I would just disable it and put a key in your wallet. A friend of mine has a jeep grand cherokie, he can't shut his door with it running or it will lock. I don't think thats rite, shouldn't it only lock after 5 mph?
Old May 13, 2008, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea just lock your doors by hitting the butten on the door on your way out when the turbo timmer is on and youll be fine
Old May 18, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

I can't lock the car by hitting the black button on the outside handle...

I can't lock the car by pushing the lock button on the inside with the door open, when you do that it auto unlocks right away...

And I've been talking to the shop foreman at South Coast Mitsu and seeing if I can just have the feature shut off in the ecu, I've never lock my keys in my car. Plus you don;t have to take the keys out of your pocket so you shouldn't lock them in the car in the first place..

Still doesn't make sence if there are sensors in the car looking for the key and if its not there it should allow you to lock the car with the FAST key.

Also if you use the emergency key, you can lock the car with no problem just like in the VIII and IV's.

I don't like the idea of leaving something in the ignistion just in case I need to use the key, but there has to be a way around this, it seems like its such and easy fix........

And the car doesn't lock automatically when the car moves...
Old May 18, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

i dont remember if my 03 oz wouldnt lock while running. but ive had my ecu flashed since then. ive also gone turbo, and i have a greddy turbo timer and dont have any problems with it
Old May 18, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

another reason not to waste money on a turbo timer
Old May 18, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm... I just install an apex turbo timer on my X and there's nothing wrong with it, I can lock my X while the engine is running, I don't know how you set up your turbo timer, mine is working fine.
Old May 19, 2008, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by janvin21
hmmm... I just install an apex turbo timer on my X and there's nothing wrong with it, I can lock my X while the engine is running, I don't know how you set up your turbo timer, mine is working fine.

maybe it can be the hks type 1???

i used the stock harness for the evo 8 and 9, direct plug and play... maybe for the 10 there is a different wire or somthing, and thats only if ur apexi wire harness is made specifically for the evo 10........

sucks cuz the car is still to new and no one has **** made specifically for the 10 so its hard serching the interent for answers...
Old May 19, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

oh and i also tried locking the car with it running and the turbo timer off. and it still didnt lock, it could be because the harness is connected and i dont wanna take the time right now to un plug it...

im just trying to eliminate possibilities

Quick Reply: Can't lock doors w/ turbo timer