Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

STI wins a comparo against the Evo X?!

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008 | 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sentinal
Its almost comical how long this debate has been going on for lol. I've owned both an Evo and a STI and people were spending countless hours argueing the pro's and cons before I owned either. The fact of the matter is they are both DAMN close. So close in fact that how the driver was feeling on the day of the test drive could make the difference between which car "performed better" on that particular test. I mean its been argued time and time again how Car A was .1 seconds faster on test A and how car B was half a second faster on the 2 mile loop around track _____ but seriously I would bet that almost no one argueing these points can really utilize these cars to their FULL potencial let alone actually go to said tracks and do it even semi frequently. So I know this post will probly get flamed all to hell and back but if you really think about it this whole debate for 99.9% of STI and Evo owners is irrelavant.
Won't get flamed from me. I completely agree.
Old May 15, 2008 | 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jimm
Won't get flamed from me. I completely agree.
Also agree. I know if there was no Evo I'd be driving an STi for sure .
Old May 15, 2008 | 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
now strip what you did off the X, off the IX to keep all equal and it will still have a weight advantage (or disadvantage). See how that argument can never end. What you are doing is called speculating, which has no answers. By saying doing this and that to the X should make it quicker without actually doing it or have seen it done yet by anyone else is ridiculous. The mod argument can go on, and on. You can take Hyundai and make it handle like it's on rails if you have the dough and rape anything on the track. But what happens is by the time you're done with it to get to that level, is it still a hyundai? Not really since you've most likely replaced every god damn thing on the car or stripped it out and reinforced the chassis and welded sh*t to make it a freak. That's why we are talking about stock cars here. Where even the impressive numbers of the X still don't make it faster than the IX as you are wrong for saying so (love9). Stock for stock on the track the IX is still the superior car regardless of whatever kind of track you ate talking about, bottom line.
Missed this post some how..

My point was that the IX has less to strip out as the added more comfort stuff to the X...if you get within a 100-150lbs the superior cornering should carry the day for the X. as you say, speculation anyway. I still say witin .5 sec is a driver's race. Hell, barber dodges aren't that close most of the time and it is supposed to be a "spec' prepared series for drivers.
Old May 15, 2008 | 01:23 AM
Former Sponsor

In stock form its obvious the evo is getting man-handled..... How many people drive a stock evo... very very very few...

Results for the X are already incredible as of right now... The Evo is still the car to buy, its going to be a year or two until the new motor is perfected... The 4g63 has been out for over 15 years... Theres not much new to learn, that's all history...

Cheers!
Old May 15, 2008 | 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

OK...can we now stop the IX vs X pissing match. Its not the topic of the thread and it has been done to death. Every single viewpoint and opinion has been expressed on that topic 100 times over. So please stop bring it into every thread that it is not the topic. Thank you
Old May 15, 2008 | 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by MrAWD
Or simply, I am just too biased my self!!

Fedja
Umm... yeah, that.
Old May 15, 2008 | 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
OK...can we now stop the IX vs X pissing match. Its not the topic of the thread and it has been done to death. Every single viewpoint and opinion has been expressed on that topic 100 times over. So please stop bring it into every thread that it is not the topic. Thank you
Seriously. I thought these threads were bad with the Subaru crowd, but wow, this is like a life or death issue with some of you guys.
Old May 15, 2008 | 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

best part was that side note in Red... thats something i 100% agree with..
Old May 15, 2008 | 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

SRT-TO-EVO and TalonTuner, you guys are pathetic. You've gone way off topic to turn this into a 9 vs X pissing match with your hater B.S., and it's really lame. The 9 is a better straight line car than the X, and the X is a better handling car. Period, there that settled hours of stupid arguments.
Old May 15, 2008 | 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

From: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by wrceuro
Thats BS. The mags. are helping out Subaru because if they don't sell the STI the company with lose big time. As far as the STI winning that is complete BS. Don't buy into it. Every other magazine picked the EVO X by a big margin.
Didn't read any of this thread, but I had to quote this as the most ignorant quote I've seen in a while. The STi's sales are a small drop in the bucket for Subaru and that wouldn't matter to the magazines any way. If anything, you could argue the magazines are trying to save Mitsu by always picking the SLOWER ACCELERATING EVO since they're in worse shape than Subaru.

Either way, both cars are great and I'm sure a joy to drive. The performance is so close that any race between the two is a driver's race. Unlike in the past, at least now there is a true difference in design and style, so that may make the decision easier for some. For me, I like the versatility of a wagon, but I think both look great.

And from my perspective, I think the X is a better car in nearly every way than my current 8.
Old May 15, 2008 | 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
SRT-TO-EVO and TalonTuner, you guys are pathetic. You've gone way off topic to turn this into a 9 vs X pissing match with your hater B.S., and it's really lame. The 9 is a better straight line car than the X, and the X is a better handling car. Period, there that settled hours of stupid arguments.
that solves nothing start your own thread about it then you can solve it there...

the IX is a drivers car the X drives itself.
Old May 15, 2008 | 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

All this is why I just stop posting at one point. I make a valid point and I am out. I replied twice. I am not getting caught up in a pissing contest .
Old May 15, 2008 | 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

From: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by Ride927
that solves nothing start your own thread about it then you can solve it there...

the IX is a drivers car the X drives itself.
I'm sorry, but this statement is just idiotic. The 9 has acd, MIVEC, ABS, how many differentials and you think it's a "driver's car" . Add S-AWC and the X drives itself. Obviously the real "driver's car" is the 8 since it had an open front diff.

It's funny that we here in the States always complained that we didn't get the goodies from the JDM Evo and now that we do, we complain the car drives itself. I can understand why someone wouldn't like the X because of it's looks or slightly worse stearing feel, but the absurdity posted on here just makes me laugh. I wonder how many people have actually driven a X?

BTW, if you want a real "driver's car" go get a 60s muscle car. It took great skill to make those things go around the track fast. Of course, a new Accord V6 would beat them, even carrying a passenger, but you're looking for a "driver's car".
Old May 15, 2008 | 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Have you seen the video?
Old May 15, 2008 | 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

SRT-TO-EVO and TalonTuner, you guys are pathetic. You've gone way off topic to turn this into a 9 vs X pissing match with your hater B.S., and it's really lame.
Why don't you contact the writer of that review in EVO magazine and tell him he's a hater too just because he dosn't buy into the BS propoganda. Great, you went and bought an "Evolution" X, more power to you, your choice, congratulations. Do you want a cookie now? So everybody here has to sit here and hold hands and sing kumbaya and talk about how great the Evo X is, to make you feel better about your purchase? Once again, this thread is about an editor's article on both the new STi and the Evolution. It's going to have people who are partial to either car, and have opinions. People will have them, and people like you will get their panties in a wad. Grow up, or at least don't come in the thread.

The 9 is a better straight line car than the X, and the X is a better handling car. Period, there that settled hours of stupid arguments.
And the owners of both are a bunch of whiney little sissies, who do "photoshoots" on a regular basis, and see an STi driving down the road and think "thats my arch rival!". That should settle any further arguments.

Quick Reply: STI wins a comparo against the Evo X?!