Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

financial advice needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by getoesouljah
for credit unions whats the catch i mean they seem cheaper than bank rates then why go to bank?
Some credit unions can raise the interest rates on you in the middle of a loan. Read the fine print.
Old May 22, 2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
Some credit unions can raise the interest rates on you in the middle of a loan. Read the fine print.
no way wtf lol im just gonna go to dealer and see how it goes
Old May 22, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by getoesouljah
hey thank you so much this really helps, umm what do you think is a realistic rate for me im thinkin under 7% for 60 months or less
I can tell you this I just financed my wifes pre-owned Mrecedes with 15,000 miles on it and my intrest rate was 5.4%.. Generally used rates are higher. I would look up the rate for Mitsubishi and see if they have any incentives going on like a special rate or whatever.
Old May 22, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

You are so wrong on the dealer cost it is not even funny.
now matter how sweet a deal sounds, the dealer never loses any money. ive been in the car business for over 15yrs & i assure you all that is done is the numbers get juggled to make the customer "think" its better. less than 1% of car shoppers know the secrets of dealers. like going thru the fleet dept instead of a salesman, or when buying used finding out what the dealers black book value of the used car was when they received it. the invoice price is what they want you to believe they paid for it. do some research & you will uncover everything...
Old May 22, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

No they can't. Once you sign the dotted line its a done deal. Your thinking of a 3 year Arm Mortgage loan
Old May 22, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by housedj
if u would have invested the cash aggressively 2yrs ago, then theoretically u could now pay cash for the car!!! i would also hope you are not paying sticker for the car. i would NEVER EVER pay sticker price. get those monkeys to sell it for invoice or walk away. dealers paid $13k for EVO IXs. the diff between sticker & 13k is the PROFIT. my buddy Mitch owns dealerships & says EVO X GSRs cost $16k at dealer cost.

do what u want but i would take $10k invest it for a couple yrs, then go buy a new EVO X + a new SL63 AMG Black Series. then u can go fast, turn, valet park, & pimp at the same time...
i am gonna call this one as i see you sir are 1 of 2 things and IDIOT or Gullible...

minus dlr incentives, floor plan assistance, markup and add on's i would say dead nut cost is in the 25-26k range. this is my estimate but i would be willing to bet i am not far off.

now matter how sweet a deal sounds, the dealer never loses any money.

this statement is correct and especially on trades. i will give you that. no matter how they act like your screwing them!!! car dealers wouldn't be in business if they weren't making money.

STevo
Old May 22, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

the best thing for the OP to do is do more research on not only the car he's buying, but the dealer he's shopping, the banks he's considering, his insurance agent.

his topic states needing financial advice. here you go:

1) check pricing for the model u want at all mitsu dealers within a 25mile radius of ur home.
2) when u find the model u want, contact the fleet sales MGR for a price.
3) once a price is set, either go thru YOUR bank (or credit union) for financing. do not finance thru a dealer.
4) once approved thru your bank, take a cashier's check to the dealer & pick up the car. u will be in & out in less than 30min.
5) take that $10k u were gonna use as down payment & make that your 1ST payment.
6) the banks computer gets confused & u now technically don't have a car payment for up to 16 months, OR u keep maing payments & have a 5yr car loan paid off in 3yrs.

it's your money. do as you wish with it...
Old May 22, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

now matter how sweet a deal sounds, the dealer never loses any money. ive been in the car business for over 15yrs & i assure you all that is done is the numbers get juggled to make the customer "think" its better. less than 1% of car shoppers know the secrets of dealers. like going thru the fleet dept instead of a salesman, or when buying used finding out what the dealers black book value of the used car was when they received it. the invoice price is what they want you to believe they paid for it. do some research & you will uncover everything...
I wouldn't worry about the "infamous blackbook" so much as to what the fair market value is as this will be very close to what the dealer usually paid for the pre-owned car. As far as invoice goes 99% of the time the invoice is the correct one however what most people don't realize is they get "hold back money" from the manufacture. For a Evo I wouldn't expect it to be more than $500-$1000 at best. I have seen plenty of car deals lose money, which is part of whats driving the new car sales market down. As dealers have to sell cheaper and cheaper to keep up with projected sales #'s to get their quarterly bonuses which is a far better incentive. Just a little fyi.. Remeber evrything is negotiable from extended warranty,gap ins.,credit life disability, intrest rate, trade in, and car price
Old May 22, 2008, 01:48 PM

I have no idea what credit union changes interests rates in the middle of a loan.

when it comes to contracts you should always read the fine print.

anyways

once your a member of a credit union and sign the contract for the interest rate of
your loan your locked-in until you either pay it off or refinance.

if your account is setup to pay automatically then there is nothing to worry about.
Old May 22, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

the best thing for the OP to do is do more research on not only the car he's buying, but the dealer he's shopping, the banks he's considering, his insurance agent.

his topic states needing financial advice. here you go:

1) check pricing for the model u want at all mitsu dealers within a 25mile radius of ur home.
2) when u find the model u want, contact the fleet sales MGR for a price.
3) once a price is set, either go thru YOUR bank (or credit union) for financing. do not finance thru a dealer.
4) once approved thru your bank, take a cashier's check to the dealer & pick up the car. u will be in & out in less than 30min.
5) take that $10k u were gonna use as down payment & make that your 1ST payment.
6) the banks computer gets confused & u now technically don't have a car payment for up to 16 months, OR u keep maing payments & have a 5yr car loan paid off in 3yrs.

it's your money. do as you wish with it...
I agree with #1 and thats all!! The fleet guy is no diffrent than any one else as you won't even qualify for fleet pricing on the Evo or without a company in your name. As far as the going to your bank sometimes its a good idea but on a new car at a dealer I would use Mitsubishi's rate. I would check out the rates at your bank just for your personal knowledge and maybe a weapon on the side as they will try to earn your business with a lower rate. The dealer will want to keep it in house. DON'T put the 10 g's down period. If you have 10 g's invest it and keep investing it will be the best thing for your future period.. I guarantee you will be there for 1-3 hours from start to finish. Either way.
Old May 22, 2008, 02:05 PM

This thread delivers!

Keep it going... learning all kinds of goodies.

Last edited by Monkeykungphu; May 22, 2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old May 22, 2008, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by slvrr
I agree with #1 and thats all!! The fleet guy is no diffrent than any one else as you won't even qualify for fleet pricing on the Evo or without a company in your name. As far as the going to your bank sometimes its a good idea but on a new car at a dealer I would use Mitsubishi's rate. I would check out the rates at your bank just for your personal knowledge and maybe a weapon on the side as they will try to earn your business with a lower rate. The dealer will want to keep it in house. DON'T put the 10 g's down period. If you have 10 g's invest it and keep investing it will be the best thing for your future period.. I guarantee you will be there for 1-3 hours from start to finish. Either way.
I'll drink to that!
Old May 22, 2008, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slvrr
No they can't. Once you sign the dotted line its a done deal. Your thinking of a 3 year Arm Mortgage loan

no you are incorrect. they can do a contract claus. at any given time they can change to a interest change after a stated term. i have 3 banks i deal with that after 2 or 3 years (depends on the produce i am financing) that it goes to a variable or fixed rate change. for example you start out at 5.25%. after 2 years it adjusts to prime rate in this example lets use 5% + what ever their bank mark up is lets say 1.5% = 6.5% is what your new rate would adjust to for the 3rd year. and it would adjust the 4th year and 5 year. when you read the contract make sure it says FIXED APR (annual percentage rate) on the dotted line.

STevo
Old May 22, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hmm so paying $10k as the first payment is better than using it as a downpayment? I thought the dealer would be more willing to work with me if I had a large amount of money to show.
Old May 22, 2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fishstix
hmm so paying $10k as the first payment is better than using it as a downpayment? I thought the dealer would be more willing to work with me if I had a large amount of money to show.
thats what i thought

Quick Reply: financial advice needed!!!