Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X vs. modern BMW cars (All X General threads merged)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Canexican
It starts about 3 grand higher - I wouldnt call that "THOUSANDS" of dollars more. Go to BMW's website and build one. If I got an Evo X, it would have the SSS package and maybe the aero kit = 37 grand. If I bought the 135i, it would be in alpine white color with and M sports package = 37 grand.

Reflash the ECU and put non-staggered wheels/tires - you've got a 12 sec. BMW with decent track capability, quality materials, and real everyday comfort.
3 grand is thousands more.

3 grand in the EVO X and im in the low 12's.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:01 PM
Account Disabled

Everything changers with just a simple thing called, MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER. Then the BMW would not be compared to the Evo X, but then again. BMW pay big money to C&D, and R&T because they have lots to loose. The BMW is one ugly a$$ car and I would never in my life drive a car ugly as that. I am going as far and saying that I would rather own and drive a Dodge NEON SRT-4 then the BMW 1,3,5 and 7 series any day.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Also if you are looking at the two cars in all aspects when things break on the Evo it might hurt the wallet a fair amount...when things break on a bimmer...you might as well grab your ankles. I've had several friends with bmw E36 M3's and E46 3 series and they typically had random problems frequently occuring that cost $750 or more every time.... Plus the Evo looks better by far
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:31 PM

Any regular thief will jack/break into your BMW before your evo thats for sure. BMW maintenance is pricey, not to mention I can't help but feel like I'm too young for a BMW, fast, yes, but (influenced by my dad) BWM is a great car for the older crowd.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:34 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
135i threads merged.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

that inline 6 is well know to make serious HP like the supra.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:36 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by stunt1o1
that inline 6 is well know to make serious HP like the supra.
Ummm, no.
I had one, and its not even close to the potential of the 2JZ. Direct injection, aluminum block, smaller turbos... The N54 pales in comparison.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Wink

Originally Posted by R1ckyB0bbyyy
I'm actually it's not even close to the cheapest... first of all. Second of all anyone that thinks that about a 135i doesn't matter and is a waste of space that doesn't know crap about cars. By the way, what do you think most people think of EVO's when they see them? Ricer? Lancer? It's all the same. I personally would go with the 135i because as long as you don't have to deal with snow... it is a much better car all around in terms of comfort, performance, handling and classy/sharp looks. Besides Vishnu makes huge smiles.
335 looks better , 1's rear seats are useless
3 has an option for AWD or a Sedan

There are more reasons to get a 3' , you really have to Love the 1 to buy it for that price
There re gonna be more parts for 3's bcoz they are more popular than 1's
Until 3's price increases , good luck with a 1 if u want to mod anything not same as 3's counter part
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bangle should've been shot years ago.

Many of his cars look like the decapitated head of a cartoon character rolling around the streets --- ie: Goofy.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

I thought 135i's are at 28K base price?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

btw if u like 1st gen M coupe , ignores my comments ... =)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M_Coupe

It is smaller , has same engine as M3 , cheaper and 'runs' faster ... oh well ...
135 is basically same story with 3.0TT engine ... at least it is not a hatch this time

Big Power in Small Car FTW yayyyyy .....
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:47 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by slicedbreadno2
128i maybe, but its NA.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the 135i isn't a high boost motor like the 4b11, I mean it's got a 10.2:1 compression ratio for christ's sake. A retune on both will most likely net much larger gains for the X then the beamer. The X will make about 100 hp over stock on an exhaust and a reflash/piggyback according to the edmunds test of the vishnu X. So I'd say that with a reflash on both that the X will be faster in a straight line than the beamer. I think in general that the X is a much more modifyable car as well. I guess I would sum it up by saying this: If you want a daily driver/vagina on the track, go with the beamer. If you want a less refined, but far better performing machine that also happens to look better, go with the X. Boostez, If you like the 135i then go buy one. But, keep in mind that by your logic your evo 8 loses even worse to the beamer than the X because you are basing your ratings on which car wins by luxury and daily driveability. If you wanted a daily driver with a cushy ride and nice interior, then why did you even buy an evo to begin with? If you wanted that then the 135i probably is a better car for you. Just do me a favor and get out of my way if we're ever on the track together.

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Apr 9, 2008 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old Apr 9, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fevo
335 looks better , 1's rear seats are useless
3 has an option for AWD or a Sedan

There are more reasons to get a 3' , you really have to Love the 1 to buy it for that price
There re gonna be more parts for 3's bcoz they are more popular than 1's
Until 3's price increases , good luck with a 1 if u want to mod anything not same as 3's counter part
Subjective...

More reasons to get a 3? Umm, like? Last time I checked the options where close to the same if not exactly the same

They are more popular than the 1's? More parts? What kind of parts... DER that's what the dealership is for first of all, second of all modifications for the powerplant will be JUST as available "BCOZ" it has the same powerplant.

Good luck with a 1 if you want to mod anything not the same as 3's counter part? << What the hell are you talking about.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slicedbreadno2
Nope, they start at $34,XXX I think... look on bmwusa.com

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. modern BMW cars (All X General threads merged)