Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X vs. modern BMW cars (All X General threads merged)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every time I see a 135i from the side it looks like they styled the body in the shape of a gigantic banana. My girl and I always point them out and laugh at them when we see them because they look ridiculous. My sister was going to trade her E46 330xi in for one until she saw it in person. She commented the styling is too weird for her, it's tiny inside, etc. The new 3 series is too big and ugly to her (it is to me as well), so she has given up on BMW entirely and was going to get a WRX wagon, but now she's leaning toward the '09 Ralliart SportBack should they decide to finally release it. She loves the way it looks compared to the '08 WRX wagons. Long story short, after owning a new BMW and seeing all the expensive problems that come along with them, along with the ugly styling, she isn't that impressed with BMW anymore. BMW sure has gone to **** since I had my German-spec 325i back in the day.

Last edited by machron1; Jul 10, 2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I know how you feel with the bogus claims. I had a million and two people telling me (hell I still get people asking) that the costs for the maintenence on the Porsche would be more expensive than the Evo... Nope, actually cheaper. If I took it to the dealer it would be about twice as expensive, but who the hell does that with a German car? That's where it gets expensive, I am not paying someone 175 an hour to work on my car.

And chirping the tires is NOT a good thing Time to buy better tires!

yea i know, i think claiming high maintenence and mod costs on german cars helps alot of people get to sleep at night

and yes i know haha
the stock runflats are pretty horrid but its still cool knowing your car has too much torque for your tires haha
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by guardianangel32
yea i know, i think claiming high maintenence and mod costs on german cars helps alot of people get to sleep at night

and yes i know haha
the stock runflats are pretty horrid but its still cool knowing your car has too much torque for your tires haha
It's gotta help them do something. Or they've just been misinformed somewhere in their life. Sure, some of the things are more expensive... I take 10-11 quarts of the same oil the Evo takes 5ish of... But I have to do oil changes (with track racing) every 10k miles, and the oil still looks pretty clean.

Anyway, I didn't know BMW put runflats on those too... Damn them and their runflats. It ruined my '08 Mini-S turbo test drive... I was like AAAAHHHH torque steer But that makes sense now, I hate run-flats, they should die. Not always cool, unless you know you have a lot of torque Breaking the tires loose and burning out in my automatic rental Eclipse (the 4 cyl one) was not cool...

And to further contribute to this thread:
BMW = Luxury
Evo = Sport

Both have mixes of each. But both excel at only one.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I sat passenger recently as my friend test drove a 135i...I was very impressed! The interior is so much better than the 8, 9, or X. The acceleration from a stop is just as good or better than any stock Evo. For around 40k this car seems like a real good bargain. In my opinion it looks alot better than the bloated and hideous volvo look-alike Evo X, although stock the 135i doesn't seem to handle as well as the X. It is 200 lbs lighter than the X so I think with a better rear diff and suspension (and tires) it could probably out corner the X. I've always been a die hard mitsu fan, but the X is just way too gigantic of a car for my liking, I would have to say I like the 135i a lot better. There is nothing like getting full spool by 2000 rpms while having a pimp *** german leather interior!
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

I read the article on the X's vs. the 135i and it was interesting. I've always viewed most BMW's as expensive, unreliable pieces of sh$t however and therefore wouldn't buy one. Honestly i'll stick to my IX, every article I have read has said that the 9 is one of the best Evo's ever made and even though the X has all the new gadgets in it... it doesn't impress me.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jroller
135 i will dust the new x and it looks better. IMO. Whatever fits your lifestyle
wont dust my X... But the bmw is an entirely different level. ""most"" buy the bmw to drive, not track/race/tune. thats why you buy the X. because the X pretty much sucks stock. imo
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

isn't the BMW like a lot more $ anyway? I haven't researched the prices, but the article I read in Automobile magazine said that as tested was 46 grand... if the Evo is 32 or 33, that sure does make a hell of a lot more room for improvement over the BMW for an extra 13 or 14 grand.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:13 AM
Account Disabled

The 135i looks like a sad puppy from the front. It is a good performing car. I think that not having an LSD is what's keeping the 135i from beating the X. Most current BMWs look a little too feminine for me.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
isn't the BMW like a lot more $ anyway? I haven't researched the prices, but the article I read in Automobile magazine said that as tested was 46 grand... if the Evo is 32 or 33, that sure does make a hell of a lot more room for improvement over the BMW for an extra 13 or 14 grand.

i got my 135i with the sport package and heated seats for just under 35k
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VincentX
The 135i looks like a sad puppy from the front. It is a good performing car. I think that not having an LSD is what's keeping the 135i from beating the X. Most current BMWs look a little too feminine for me.
Why does it seem I'm the only one who thinks the 1 series looks like a banana from the side, or rather, like a gigantic banana was pressed into the side of it to shape it?
Attached Thumbnails Evo X vs. modern BMW cars (All X General threads merged)-bmw-banana.jpg  

Last edited by machron1; Jul 13, 2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

very interesting, do you see bananas in everything you see?

call me at the office 1 800 get help
Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:05 PM

he's gone bananas...
Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:45 PM
Account Disabled

Yes, there is something ***** like in that picture. Maybe that's the reason why so many homogheys and women like BMWs, well except the homolesbos. They are too butchy to like the femobiles that are the BMWs. Maybe the guy that designed the current BMW style is homosexual.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:48 PM
Account Disabled

King Kong was probably hired to press his massive simian dinga ling donga onto the sides of the 135i.

What do you guys think?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:52 PM
Account Disabled

Can anybody shed light to the mysterious dong imprint?

Quick Reply: Evo X vs. modern BMW cars (All X General threads merged)