Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Is anyone here in Japan?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 12:17 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone here in Japan?

Hi Guys,

I'm working on putting together a bike rack for my Evo X. Mitsubishi doesn't offer one here in the US, but the one that they do offer in Japan appears to be a Thule. Thule doesn't list a fitment on their site yet. I have a complete Thule setup, but I need to find the right "fit kit", or car-specific clips that hold the rack onto the door frames.

I am going to go to a bike shop that carries some of the fit kits and try them out to see what works, but I thought that it might be a good idea to ask here if anyone is in Japan and has access to one of the JDM racks. I just need to know the numbers that are stamped on the "clips" or part of the rack that holds onto the doorframe.

Thanks,

--Josh
Old May 30, 2008, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Question

Is this the rack you're talking about? If so, the part # is MZ532270 and the price is around $328.
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone here in Japan?-rack.jpg  
Old May 30, 2008, 08:50 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

That is the rack. It is just a normal Thule rack, which should cost ~$200 total here in the states if you know what "fit kit" you need for the Evo. With shipping you're looking at over double that if you order it directly through Japan.

I tried out a bunch of the fit kits today and think that I found the perfect fit. I'm going to go do a final install in a little bit and I'll report back.