Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Purchasing from south coast

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why wasnt your experience great?

There might have been other fees for me. The only one that stood out was something for $15. I could have just not seen them. The form is pretty long with lots of stuff on it.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, ultimately I got exactly what I wanted, which made me happy.

Unfortunately, it wasn't easy. Long story short, everything about the purchase was complicated because it was impossible to get anyone on the phone over there. Between Sam and the finance department, I would conservatively estimate I left about 12-15 unreturned messages. I left Sam one every other day for 2 weeks after they got the check.

They were late having the car ready, so I missed my pickup date (fortunately my trucking company was forgiving and was able to come the next day).

Sam said I'd be able to get my Education Edge rebate late, because he said I needed a transcript (which I provided prior to purchase). Turns out a transcript doesn't get you anything, and I found out later the rebate has to be filed within 2 days of purchase, and it wasn't. I left messages for the Financing dept. 5 days in a row without a returned call to try to resolve it.

Eventually I got Mitsubishi Corporate involved. The regional manager called me after a few days super-mad because they wouldn't return her calls either. Eventually all was resolved when the regional manager called the president of South Coast's dealer group. I got a call from South Coast's "customer service representative" literally 5 minutes after I was told the president was involved, and got my check a week later. Yay Mitsu Corporate!

So ultimately I'm happy, but I'd probably think twice before buying there again. This kind of service seems out of the ordinary given everyone else's experiences. I guess I'm just "lucky".

Last edited by gizmotoy; Jun 6, 2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:17 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gizmotoy
Well, ultimately I got exactly what I wanted, which made me happy.

Unfortunately, it wasn't easy. Long story short, everything about the purchase was complicated because it was impossible to get anyone on the phone over there. Between Sam and the finance department, I would conservatively estimate I left about 12-15 unreturned messages. I left Sam one every other day for 2 weeks after they got the check.

They were late having the car ready, so I missed my pickup date (fortunately my trucking company was forgiving and was able to come the next day).

Sam said I'd be able to get my Education Edge rebate late, because he said I needed a transcript (which I provided prior to purchase). Turns out a transcript doesn't get you anything, and I found out later the rebate has to be filed within 2 days of purchase, and it wasn't. I left messages for the Financing dept. 5 days in a row without a returned call to try to resolve it.

Eventually I got Mitsubishi Corporate involved. The regional manager called me after a few days super-mad because they wouldn't return her calls either. Eventually all was resolved when the regional manager called the president of South Coast's dealer group. I got a call from South Coast's "customer service representative" literally 5 minutes after I was told the president was involved, and got my check a week later. Yay Mitsu Corporate!

So ultimately I'm happy, but I'd probably think twice before buying there again. This kind of service seems out of the ordinary given everyone else's experiences. I guess I'm just "lucky".
They are super busy. If you show up there, they will take care of you. Otherwise, it is hard contacting them.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, driving 2200 miles wasn't going to work for me. I understand being busy, but simply being busy doesn't excuse ignoring dozens of calls (and probably twice that many e-mails) from someone who just sent you a $35k check. Especially when the mistakes they were making could have cost me a lot of money.

Even an e-mail saying "hey, I'm busy. I'll get back to you soon" would have been fine. Oh well.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Seems odd given there rep, but that's pretty bad