Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Purchasing from south coast

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchasing from south coast

Alrighty guys i need some adv or some info, mainly from those who have purchase an evo x from south coast.I'm planning on purchasing one towards the next couple months to the end of the year, and being i'm in colorado, do i have to pay california taxes.. Any info would be grealty appreciated..thank you
Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No California taxes, but you'll have to pay Colorado taxes when titling.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:23 PM

so basically all it comes down to is i pay what is negotiated for price of the car, then i pay their dealer fees..and I bring get it shippd and when i go to get my car plates i pay the taxes here
Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

You pay the amount they advertise straight up. Dealer fees only came to $15. Since you register the car yourself and all you dont really pay any fees. When you go to the DMV to register your car you pay your own state tax. Just toss it on the good credit card and call it a day. You do your own financing so look around for a good credit union or talk to your bank. I went with penfed.org and got 4.25% financing. Once the finances are taken care of you setup shipping with DAS, a company Socal uses. From Cali to NY they are charging me just under 1k. If your insurance company coveres shipping that will save you about $100.
As you can tell I'm in the middle of buying a car from Socal. Sam has been really great to deal with. Im just waiting for my checks to clear then they are shipping my car. If you have any other ?? feel free to ask here or shoot me a PM.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

buying a car at southcoast is easier then grocery shopping.

theres no catch, gimmicks, sketchiness, or 6 hours in the finance department.

you basically pick your flavor, and sign at the bottom.

A+ for the mitsubishi superstores (south coast, huntington beach, victorville)
Old Jun 5, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

I can second that. Hassle free great prices! You actually get the price Sam advertises on here.

I fought with 5 people at bmw and got nothing off msrp....oh they were willing to give me a free hat...why dont you just ask me to bend over!
At Nissan I was allowed to take the car out on my own for a drive then when I got back gave the salesman the keys back and he just said goodbye. Didnt even ask if I liked it or if I wanted to talk prices.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 05:53 PM

so how would it go when having to finalize everything, do i have to go down to cali to sign papers or can they fax everything to my bank..
Old Jun 5, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

I believe they fax it all. Theres no going ot Cali.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by malves85
You pay the amount they advertise straight up. Dealer fees only came to $15. Since you register the car yourself and all you dont really pay any fees. When you go to the DMV to register your car you pay your own state tax. Just toss it on the good credit card and call it a day. You do your own financing so look around for a good credit union or talk to your bank. I went with penfed.org and got 4.25% financing. Once the finances are taken care of you setup shipping with DAS, a company Socal uses. From Cali to NY they are charging me just under 1k. If your insurance company coveres shipping that will save you about $100.
As you can tell I'm in the middle of buying a car from Socal. Sam has been really great to deal with. Im just waiting for my checks to clear then they are shipping my car. If you have any other ?? feel free to ask here or shoot me a PM.
hey malves85 are penfed.org are they credible.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

They overnight all the paperwork to you by DHL and give you a pre-paid package to overnight it back.

Penfed is credible. I know many people that have used it. Its a federal credit union with the government so i would consider it very safe. You just have to give a $20 donation to the army and open a savings account with $5 and your set.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 08:17 PM

I looked on their website and showing 4.25 apr, and you mentioned that rate aswell as too what you got, i assume thats with excellent credit
Old Jun 5, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Im only 23 so my credit isnt as established as most. I got a report from experian and found my score is 749.
Add up what you make per month minus bills. Use the estimator on their site and see what the monthly payment would be on your loan. Divide the monthly payment by your disposable monthly income and if its between 15-20% i think its like an automatic approval. Im sure they also look at your credit score which should be above 700. Im no expert in loans but from what ive seen these are my guesses.
I dont think you need excellent credit but decent credit
Old Jun 5, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by malves85
Winner!
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

I had an environmental fee on mine as well as the dealer fee. For me total fees above the purchase price were roughly $85.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Weird variations in fees. Mine had a $55 "documentation prep." fee. All of them are reasonable, though, at least.

I must be the only person who didn't have a great experience with South Coast... makes me sad

Quick Reply: Purchasing from south coast