Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Rebate issues with SouthCoast Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ you can come to me next time
Old Jun 8, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
<~~~issues with South Coast Mitsu

I bought my 05 Evo back in 2005 and had them ship it out to me in Maryland. They sent me an evo that had all these little rust spots ontop of the clear coat. I took it to a Mitsu dealer around here and fortunetly they clay barred it for me. I still have problems with the rust spots. I'm sure there will be persistent problems with the rust spots.
I've had 3 new cars and they all required a good cleaning with a clay bar upon delivery due to visible rust spots. I don't think it's all that unusual. If you let it go too long the rust will get under the paint and it will bubble up, but if that didn't happen you shouldn't have any permanent damage.

If you drive near any industrial areas or train tracks/bridges, you will indeed have new industrial fallout stuck in your paint all the time. It's wise to use a clay bar at least once a year to keep the paint in good condition. I'd expect you're not seeing a persistent problem from the original spots, but rather new spots that form due to this additional exposure.

So I think we've seen through a lot of these stories that they definately honor their pricing. However, any future buyers should be warned to make sure there is absolutely nothing that requires any involvement from them once you sign the paperwork. I let my guard down a bit due to their stellar reputation on here, and it nearly got me in trouble. In particular, make sure the rebates are taken care of. No matter what the salesman say, they only have 3 days to file the rebate paperwork once the bill of sale has been signed.

Last edited by gizmotoy; Jun 8, 2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shahul X
^ you can come to me next time

You won't match south coasts prices though right?
Old Jun 8, 2008, 10:48 PM

i bought my evo x from south coast mitsu.

I gotta say the price is great.

BUT the finance guy at SCM is a typical stealer employee. I had my deal agreed to by the general manager there and then the finance guy pulled some typical BS stalling tactic. I was extremely happy with the deal initially so i just took the finance guys BS stalling tactics for around 45 minutes when he was "trying to get the best deal for me". After the 45 minutes, I was just pissed off and was going to walk away from the deal because i didn't want to wait another hour or so to sign paper work with the finance guy. I was leaving the dealership then Sam came in to sweet talk me to save the deal. I knew the deal they offered me was too good to be true, they knew it too and didn't want me to leave, so i decided to give them back around $1000 in order for them to stop wasting my time. SO I ended up paying around $1000 more than my initial agreed to price.

That finance guy i guess is the "A$$HOLE" that trys to get the most out of their customers at the end, no pun intended, and he won out that day.

So besides that little hiccup my experience at SCM was ok.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by wa2evo
i bought my evo x from south coast mitsu.

I gotta say the price is great.

BUT the finance guy at SCM is a typical stealer employee. I had my deal agreed to by the general manager there and then the finance guy pulled some typical BS stalling tactic. I was extremely happy with the deal initially so i just took the finance guys BS stalling tactics for around 45 minutes when he was "trying to get the best deal for me". After the 45 minutes, I was just pissed off and was going to walk away from the deal because i didn't want to wait another hour or so to sign paper work with the finance guy. I was leaving the dealership then Sam came in to sweet talk me to save the deal. I knew the deal they offered me was too good to be true, they knew it too and didn't want me to leave, so i decided to give them back around $1000 in order for them to stop wasting my time. SO I ended up paying around $1000 more than my initial agreed to price.

That finance guy i guess is the "A$$HOLE" that trys to get the most out of their customers at the end, no pun intended, and he won out that day.

So besides that little hiccup my experience at SCM was ok.

you call that a hiccup??
Old Jun 9, 2008, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

so you gave them $1,000 to stop trying to dick you over...?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DawnoffateX
You won't match south coasts prices though right?
No, they won't. They don't have the volume to match prices with South Coast. But if they did I'd be picking up an X tomorrow instead of waiting for the RalliArt
Old Jun 9, 2008, 08:47 AM

yeah,

sam and the finance guy put on a whole dog and pony show. playing the good cop bad cop routine. saying stuff like "man that price is too hard for us..etc...we thought we could get it for you etc...don't walk away from this deal...I'll hook you up with what ever service you need in the future etc..."

My inpatience for the evo and then the bad cop good cop routine got to me when Sam was like "you can't walk away from this deal or everyone's gonna think I'm a pu$$y" I was like ok I'll hook you up man and help you out. Like I said I was getting what I thought was already an impossible deal, until like a month later when I realized the economy tanked etc...

My point is that SCM has probably the best prices on EVO's, BUT BUT they are like any dealership and they have the same type of typical employees and tricks and schemes that they try to do get more money out of you. It's never black and white. And that's their job...like I said they won that time around.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

My issue isn't with them trying to negotiate a better deal for themselves... that is to be expected. My issue is with their horrendous customer relations in virtually every aspect of the deal and a "I don't give a ****" attitude to promises they make.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 92gsxbaltimore
My issue isn't with them trying to negotiate a better deal for themselves... that is to be expected. My issue is with their horrendous customer relations in virtually every aspect of the deal and a "I don't give a ****" attitude to promises they make.
I guess they figure since no one can beat them on price, which is really what Americans care about the most, they could give a **** if they offer lousy service, because people will still come back.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

wow, it looks like South Coast Mitsu is really like any other dealer, bunch of crooks (disclaimer: i am sure that not all people involved in the sales process there are but enough to take advantage of less suspecting people)

at least we can use their internet pricing to negotiate with dealers around here
Old Jun 12, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pltek

at least we can use their internet pricing to negotiate with dealers around here
Maybe, but like in another thread, more often than not, if you are only looking at price, having a car shipped from SouthCoast is usually cheaper than anywhere else. I doubt you'll find any dealer, at least around where I'm at, that will come close to their prices.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 08:24 PM

<-------had issues with SCM after the sale.

had it shipped for cheaper than any local dealer could match, which is awesome. I got $1000 in rebates, but he didn't apply them toward the sale price even though he said he would, no biggie, they sent me 2 $500 rebate checks 45 days later.

**Big problem, the shipper documents the damage on any car before they load it and noticed 2 damaged areas and marked them on the sheet so their not at blame, once it arrives i look it over and noticed what the shipper had marked down.
I contacted Sam many times by pm, work vm, cell phone vm. He gives me the runaround. All I want is a bottle of touch up paint.

I should send him a quote of what it cost to have it fixed.

good luck to all in their quest to buy an X,
kevin
Old Jun 12, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Damn... I feel bad for all of you

I had NO issues with my deal... in and out of finance in about 15 mins.
No haggling. Got what I wanted for my trade, got rock bottom on my X...

I hope everyones problem gets resolved.

Contact SAM, he is the go to guy there.

-Chris
Old Jun 12, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DC_TypeR
Contact SAM, he is the go to guy there.
It sounds like in a pretty good number of the stories I've read Sam was actually the problem, not the solution.

Quick Reply: Rebate issues with SouthCoast Mitsubishi