Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Reason why old people shouldn't drive!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dgdb

Last edited by 628; Nov 1, 2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

oh shijajt, this means that the insurance rates on the X will be going up quick
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

^ No they wont because that was not his fault. The claim will not be processed through his insurance.

Think before you type.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ouch! good to hear its getting fixed soon
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

I hate old people who can't drive. I know I'm not gonna be like that when I'm old.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 628
I swear that part of the car is cursed!

(mine awhile back)
HAHA! Someone backed into the same spot on mine!!!

Barely any damage. There was a small dent on the wheel well edge behind the rear door, a small 1" scratch on the bottom part of the bumper and my 4-5 spokes on my back rim where scratched up.

But yeah this seems commo

Sorry to hear that man. Painful to look at but will be fixed up real soon.

"She forgot to look". Good excuse for a teenage driver lacking driving experience but how do you "forget to look" after driving for light years. Guess the aging and memory loss come into play.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

good luck buddy getting it fixed. Make sure they only use brand new OEM parts. ( I doubt there are any other options anyhow.) Is there any unibody damage?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:47 PM

Thats exactly where I got hit. Looking at these pictures makes me feel better about mine though. I didnt have any damage on the door or the bumper, just in between the two. Mine was a hit and run, so I found the suprise in my own garage when I was showing the car to a friend for the first time.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:42 PM
Account Disabled

I would seriously murder the old person right on the spot for that travesty. I mean, they can't have much longer to go. You'd just be doing them a favor....

Then of course, check their wallets for any bonuses for your murder. They might have a few bucks for gas or something.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:00 PM

They should only be licensed to operate machinery like so...

Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Less than a week turnaround is going to be pretty damn amazing if they can do that. Judging by the pics, and note I said pics, not visually. I'd probably be putting a new door skin and quarter on it. That would be the quality way to do it, and thats not getting done before the 21st if its done like that. But again, without actually seeing it in person its hard to judge. It's also kinda hard to push insurance jobs aside and throw a buddy in the mix without getting some backlash somewhere. I've seen our guys do some amazing turnarounds, best of luck man.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

oh man, ouch!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CC16
Less than a week turnaround is going to be pretty damn amazing if they can do that. Judging by the pics, and note I said pics, not visually. I'd probably be putting a new door skin and quarter on it. That would be the quality way to do it, and thats not getting done before the 21st if its done like that. But again, without actually seeing it in person its hard to judge. It's also kinda hard to push insurance jobs aside and throw a buddy in the mix without getting some backlash somewhere. I've seen our guys do some amazing turnarounds, best of luck man.
yea I was hoping for that but it wont happen I told him today to just take his time. He will be replacing those parts with new parts and not just repairing it so I rather him take his time then rush for a car show.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by proracer718
yea I was hoping for that but it wont happen I told him today to just take his time. He will be replacing those parts with new parts and not just repairing it so I rather him take his time then rush for a car show.
Thats the way to go. I was trying to have my 68 Camaro done by July 4th, yea, its looking like maybe Dec. 4th. You don't want to rush things, especially with nicer cars. I'm sure it'll look great man. What good is making the show if you're car looks like smashed ***, ya know?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CC16
Thats the way to go. I was trying to have my 68 Camaro done by July 4th, yea, its looking like maybe Dec. 4th. You don't want to rush things, especially with nicer cars. I'm sure it'll look great man. What good is making the show if you're car looks like smashed ***, ya know?
That's exactly what I was thinking with the season just basically starting there will be a lot more shows i can enter and this time with some nice mods done...lol

Quick Reply: Reason why old people shouldn't drive!