Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Reason why old people shouldn't drive!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reason why old people shouldn't drive!

Was making a left turn and a old lady was parked right on the corner, once I made the turn with a few inches before I passed her which means that the front of my car was already in view of her passenger window she decides to pull out and hits my drivers side quarter and other spots.... Pics speak for themselves...... Trying to get some nice wheels out of this. Car is going to the body shop tomorrow to get fixed.

Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:47 AM

Man thats the worst.. but glad to here your getting it fixed quick.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

yea deff sucks, I have a car show the 21st that I entered the car with so hopefully everything is done by then.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

i've had similar experiences with old ppl and women drivers... luckily w/o any incident. shouldve driven a little bit faster ;p
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by proracer718
yea deff sucks, I have a car show the 21st that I entered the car with so hopefully everything is done by then.
If you mean the 21st of this month YA RIGHT! Not gonna get it done before then....

But ya man I hate older drivers.... At least it's not terminal.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SlyEvo
i've had similar experiences with old ppl and women drivers... luckily w/o any incident. shouldve driven a little bit faster ;p
Thats was in a school zone with children getting out of school so I dont drive around fast at those times. She even told the cop that she forgot to look when she pulled out.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xbox4414
If you mean the 21st of this month YA RIGHT! Not gonna get it done before then....

But ya man I hate older drivers.... At least it's not terminal.
Well i might have a chance to get it done since the owner of the shop is a friend I grew up with so they will be taking in my car with priority over some other work since he knows about the show this weekend. He does great quality work, most of the cars he works on are very high end cars and the work comes out great. I told him if he can get the job done by then, where you can't even notice anything happen then great, but not to rush the job and it comes out noticeable.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

aegagasg

Last edited by 628; Nov 1, 2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by proracer718
Thats was in a school zone with children getting out of school so I dont drive around fast at those times. She even told the cop that she forgot to look when she pulled out.
at least she admitted guilt so you can get your car fixed asap
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 628
I swear that part of the car is cursed!

(mine awhile back)
lol, would be funny if it was caused by another old lady
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SlyEvo
lol, would be funny if it was caused by another old lady
LOL!! that would be hilarious. Could you share some pics of how it looks now if fixed?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry it happened man. The damage doesn't look too bad, but don't think your going to be getting it back before the 21st.

As far as elderly drivers go I think they should be tested EVERY YEAR after a certain time. My Grandmother was going senile and couldn't remember how to get to the bank when the bank moved and was pulled over numerous times for making illegal moves cause she panicked and almost caused accidents. Not to mention the 3 separate occasions that I saw elderly people driving down the wrong side of the road in the mornings when I used to deliver car parts.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tripperfx3
Sorry it happened man. The damage doesn't look too bad, but don't think your going to be getting it back before the 21st.

As far as elderly drivers go I think they should be tested EVERY YEAR after a certain time. My Grandmother was going senile and couldn't remember how to get to the bank when the bank moved and was pulled over numerous times for making illegal moves cause she panicked and almost caused accidents. Not to mention the 3 separate occasions that I saw elderly people driving down the wrong side of the road in the mornings when I used to deliver car parts.
Well I worry more about the car coming out perfect then getting it back for the show. I just want to be able to forget it ever happened. I dont worry about the time it takes cause they are going to be giving me a rental while the car is in the shop so it aint too bad.
I agree, after a certain age people should have to be tested at least once a year cause health does deteriorate when we get old so that would keep the streets a little safer.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

Thats good to see you want the job done right and not just quickly. Did they give you an estimated time of completion?

BTW, isn't it ironic that the episode of South Park where all the old people get their licenses taken away is on right now?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 628
I swear that part of the car is cursed!

(mine awhile back)
Please quote me on this but my car WILL end up like that I guarantee it.

It's ashame I have to admit that will happen but ever car I get someone hits me, or something just happens to cause damage like that. A car I got back in August was damaged twice in 3 months both over $10k in work. So I know my evo will get something like that eventually....I wish it wouldn't but with me it seem unavoidable.

Ya even with your friend owing the shop or what ever I would say screw the car show and just wait till it's done. Honestly I would NEVER rush an auto body shop as I want my car to be perfect. Best of luck once again....and it's good to see u are okay and that the damage wasn't any worse.

Quick Reply: Reason why old people shouldn't drive!