Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Anaheim Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Anaheim Mitsubishi

Been communicating with the local dealerhips this past month looking to purchase a '08 Evo GSR. I have my 2004 Dodge Viper in the AutoTrader the past two weeks trying to sell. My Viper has only 4966 miles and is in pristine shape....not a scratch! All the Blue Books have the car valued at ~$50K for a TRADE-IN in outstanding condition. Just this past week at Manheim Auction in PA (the gold standard of dealer auctions) sold two Vipers....... one with 7400 miles for $47.5 & one with 6600 miles for $48.6! As an aside.........isn't it funny that when a dealership is going to try and sell you a car.........they always quote one of the "Blue Books" and say what I great deal you are getting "under" Blue Book. But when you attempt to trade a car in..... "Blue Book" values never "count!" And car salesmen wonder why they are placed in the same "group" as....... Lawyers and child molesters! Anyway, they tell me via phone yesterday that they will sell me an Evo for $500 over Dealer Cost and give me $45,000 for my Viper! I get there today, and the deal becomes $500 over invoice and $35,000 for my Viper!!! All I can say is........ Dirtbags!!! Just wanted to vent.........

Last edited by 2kvette; Jun 28, 2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

wow, viper to evo =p

you're in socal, why not go to southcoast?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:50 PM

Actually, I've been talking w/ Mike Shriner and was supposed to go see him after Anaheim (I told him what Anaheim offered me yesterday via phone... $500 over dealer/ $45K for my Viper) and Mike told me that they were really "close" to that number. Whatever "close" means in Car Salesmen "speak???" As for the Viper, I've had it for over three years (obviously didn't drive it much) but just bought a Lotus Elise SC this past year and my daily driver ('91 Miata) is on it's last leg. I need a new daily driver..........the Evo! I'll still keep the Lotus, donate the Miata and my wife has an X5 for her and the kid! Just basically want something new, inexpensive and fast!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 05:58 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
The price of gas is certainly not helping that Viper. You need to sell that car outright, man! See what an awesome dealership like South Coast can do, but I don't think you can hope to get a lot of money on a trade for a car like that right now.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Noize
The price of gas is certainly not helping that Viper. You need to sell that car outright, man! See what an awesome dealership like South Coast can do, but I don't think you can hope to get a lot of money on a trade for a car like that right now.
well said
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:12 PM

Wow! I was at Anaheim Mitsu the other day...my father was picking up his truck over at the GMC dealership. So I decided to walk on down and stroll in to the lot to finally touch and look in to the X MR.

Well...to be quite honest, I was less than impressed with the dealership (not the X ) I mean...there was bird **** all over the hoods...dust...dirt and grime...no sales people, except for the one I spoke with was not really someone I'd want to do business with, especially with the X. I think I'd much rather feel comfortable with a sales person that is knowledgeable with the X (and EVOs in general).

Anyways, Anaheim Mitsu is most likely a place to avoid. I'd recommend that.

South Coast Mitsu...be seeing you soon!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:21 PM

Wow... That stinks! I am now worried with what will happen to me.. I'm looking at trading in my '04 Lotus Esprit in perfect condition with 6K miles... Blue Book is $60K - $70K. I still remember when I was trading in my WRX STI when getting my Esprit and the dealer wanted to give me $11K for an '05 STI with 20K miles... INSANE!!! I ended up not buying from them just for that... I don't understand why they just not give you what they would sell it for and get your business on their car... It just doesn't make sense... It's all about squeezing out every penny from the customer and finding a sucker in the bunch... oh well... I guess that's what it's about in the end $$$$$$$$...

Last edited by Esprit; Jun 28, 2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

south coast fasho
Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Anaheim Mitsubishi sucks!!
Puente Hills Mitsubishi sucks!!

South Coast Mitsubishi rocks!!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Esprit
Wow... That stinks! I am now worried with what will happen to me.. I'm looking at trading in my '04 Lotus Esprit in perfect condition with 6K miles... Blue Book is $60K - $70K. I still remember when I was trading in my WRX STI when getting my Esprit and the dealer wanted to give me $11K for an '05 STI with 20K miles... INSANE!!! I ended up not buying from them just for that... I don't understand why they just not give you what they would sell it for and get your business on their car... It just doesn't make sense... It's all about squeezing out every penny from the customer and finding a sucker in the bunch... oh well... I guess that's what it's about in the end $$$$$$$$...
Esprit....... Unfortunately, the writing is on the wall. Also, having cars like your Esprit, my Viper or Elise for that matter.....even attempting to sell it outright is hard because it only "appeals" to a small automotive niche! Someone has to be looking for our specific cars. I'm half tempted to keep the Viper and just buy the Evo but I have too many cars as it is......... and I don't want to become a car "collector."
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:26 PM

I hear ya... I'll probably end up wating till next year and pick up a used GSR in the low $20's and keep the Esprit... It's hard to say goodbye to it...
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:19 AM

2kvette: every other socal dealership is a joke compared to South Coast. You will not find a better selection, set price, and service/parts department on the Evo X. 29,999 for the base Evo X GSR, and 31,799 for the Evo X GSR with the SSS package. Invoice on the Evo X Base is 31,093 I believe... 1k off invoice for the X GSRs no gimmicks, Fck 500 over invoice @ Anaheim Stealership. You will have no regrets dealing with SCM. My experience is as follows: Walk in dealership, pick the color/package combo i wanted as credit app is processing, finish papers in FI, drive home in my my new car.. 15-20 minutes.. No ****ty hidden surprises or BS. FWIW, i'm a completely neutral 3rd party. I do not gain anything by praising SCM, it was just the easiest and most enjoyable car buying experience i've ever had. Don't get owned by other ****ty stealerships, go to the best
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Esprit
I hear ya... I'll probably end up wating till next year and pick up a used GSR in the low $20's and keep the Esprit... It's hard to say goodbye to it...

I guess you are intent on purchasing a crashed one!
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Um you were trading a viper in a Mitsu dealer. Of course they are not going to give you what it was worth.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Worst Dealer EVER!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Anaheim Mitsubishi