Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

$7k extra what to do...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdtsunami
Just keep the money your going to spend it all on gas, tires, and maintenance anyway.
+10000000000
Old Jul 2, 2008, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Then when you two break up....
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:14 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by athletefeet66
is 400whp asking too much for the stock turbo?
400whp is asking too much for your novice girlfriend or yourself. Spend that $7,000 on a racing school for both of you and you will both be MUCH faster and better drivers in your "slow" stock Evo than you would be now with 1,000whp. Seriously.

You would not regret it, and while that $7K would be lost if spent on mods, investing in your driving skills will make you a faster and safer driver for your whole life. Plus, wouldn't you prefer that the two of you are known as two hot drivers who drive a great car than just two people who threw a bunch of their grandparent's money at at car? I know which is more impressive to me.

Either way, if you insist on modding a car that you've never driven yet spend some time getting to know it in it's stock form so that you can intelligently decide what to "upgrade".
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

cool gf you got there. My x-gf had a cobb tuned sti she called my evo slow we raced i spanked her by 4 cars then i broke up with her after the race haha. So she lost both ways LOL!! ( I know what a dick)

but anyway i would go with basic bolt ons

TBE, intake, and that should be good for now
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

^ and a tune, for the love of God, get a tune!!!!
Old Jul 2, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

ooo yea a tune thanks jblade
Old Jul 3, 2008, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

make sure you plan all the expenses for maintenance such as gas/insurance/tires... especially gas =p
Old Jul 3, 2008, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

Driver mod is definitely a good idea. I would do an HPDE at a race track ($300ish). Do some autocross events too ($15 - $30ish). For everything I've done with my Evos, I would say that doing these events was better then any mod I've ever done to my Evos or my STI.

Make sure you set some money aside for a clutch. Novice Evo drivers tend to toast clutches pretty fast. Also, those stock tires don't last long either.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:39 AM

well thank you all for some input. i did not know that you would all flame on me so much....dayum....

well first off she is DEFINITELY NOT learning on the evo, she is learning on my car and these mods would probably take some time but im just going to say gas and tires and such are not going to be a big worry. This money is JUST for the mods, im not retarded i wouldn't tell her to spend all her money then have no money left to put gas in the tank.

we are going to take it to an autox event at the end of the summer.

and the tC is hopefully going to be a t/c tC once i can save up some money.

i guess i will shoot for 350awhp on the stock turbo.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:49 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JWA
400whp is asking too much for your novice girlfriend or yourself. Spend that $7,000 on a racing school for both of you and you will both be MUCH faster and better drivers in your "slow" stock Evo than you would be now with 1,000whp. Seriously.

You would not regret it, and while that $7K would be lost if spent on mods, investing in your driving skills will make you a faster and safer driver for your whole life. Plus, wouldn't you prefer that the two of you are known as two hot drivers who drive a great car than just two people who threw a bunch of their grandparent's money at at car? I know which is more impressive to me.

Either way, if you insist on modding a car that you've never driven yet spend some time getting to know it in it's stock form so that you can intelligently decide what to "upgrade".
^^^

This makes way too much sense. Given the need for individual skill and effort, there's probably a snowball's chance in hell of it ever happening. It's a sad reality, unfortunately.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Dammm, you guys are acting like the evo is a super car that is hard to drive. It is a very easy car to drive. She doesnt need to go to driving school to enjoy a modded evo on the street. I agree she should start to learn on another car. But by no means is it crazy that she is going to drive a modded evo. The stock clutch is soo easy to master. Plus you dont even know what she is capable of. Heck my girlfriend never drove a manual. I taught her on a beater for a couple of days...after that she rocked. I taught her to speed shift, rev match, and the ability to chose the right gear for the right spead and conditions. Stop hating guys.....its not a lambo....
As for the mod list this is what I would do

Inake with filter
Turbo back exhaust
Upper and lower Ic piping
wastegate actuator
manual boost controller
bigger Intercooler
tune
02 housing
Thats what I would start out with. All of those mods shold yeid arround 350 hp, depending on the dyno. Then I would upgrade the turbo something along the lines of the 20g green, which is basically a modified stock turbo. But I dont know if it is for sale yet.
All of those mods should make the car really routy. The only thing that would be holding you back is the clutch. If you or she doesnt launch it, it should be fine for a while. However if she wants to start drag racing it, keep some money aside for new clutch, but it will also effect the way the car drives and she will have to get used to the new clutch as it is very different then the stock one.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:56 AM

how old are you?

I dont think its a great idea for you to spend money on your GFs car. Especially if its a gift from your grandparents
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

unless you guys get married you shouldnt be dropping 7gs in your girlfriends X. just my MO
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Asta4125
Dammm, you guys are acting like the evo is a super car that is hard to drive. It is a very easy car to drive. She doesnt need to go to driving school to enjoy a modded evo on the street. I agree she should start to learn on another car. But by no means is it crazy that she is going to drive a modded evo. The stock clutch is soo easy to master. Plus you dont even know what she is capable of. Heck my girlfriend never drove a manual. I taught her on a beater for a couple of days...after that she rocked. I taught her to speed shift, rev match, and the ability to chose the right gear for the right spead and conditions. Stop hating guys.....its not a lambo....
As for the mod list this is what I would do
yeah but my girlfriends accord is no super car either and she still manages to find a way to go pofhwioeuhfiqw into ****, including my back bumper, stupid B**ch
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:15 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Shady Milkman
how old are you?

I dont think its a great idea for you to spend money on your GFs car. Especially if its a gift from your grandparents
I think he's 12.

Sound like he has his grilfriend's name tatto on him somewhere....

Quick Reply: $7k extra what to do...