Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

$7k extra what to do...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
save your money, dont blow it on a perfectly good car already that is fast enough

put that money away and let it gain interest and then use it when u buy a house or something
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

ah, this reminds me when the VIII's came over and all these young kids started throwing money into them without knowing how to properly drive...it ended up with a lot of donor Evos. i can see it now..."My GF totalled her X and I'm out the $7k I dumped in parts into HER car AKA F#$% I wasted $7 g's!" LOL
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:22 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo_SpeedKing
ah, this reminds me when the VIII's came over and all these young kids started throwing money into them without knowing how to properly drive...it ended up with a lot of donor Evos. i can see it now..."My GF totalled her X and I'm out the $7k I dumped in parts into HER car AKA F#$% I wasted $7 g's!" LOL
or my gf broken up with me and took me like a fool

OT plz come back with: we are never gonna break up cuz we are so much in love...
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

With the way things look now in days i would save your money for something a bit more usefull maybe a house if you still live at home or put it in savings for a rainy day
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

He said SHE got an extra 7k, and HE can spend it how HE wants. Its not HIS money.

Anyways, the car is fast enough for a couple n00bs. Leave it how it is, maybe drop it and get some wheels if you need to do something. Just because everyone mods these cars, doesnt mean they are slow or incapable.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by athletefeet66
im not retarded.
really?

Originally Posted by athletefeet66
and the tC is hopefully going to be a t/c tC once i can save up some money.
that's pretty retarded.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

2 chicks........at the same time.

Scorke
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:37 AM

The best money you can spend is on modding the driver.

The basic rules are to apply these mods in order:
1) tires
2) brakes
3) suspension
4) engine

However, never underestimate a skilled driver. When I had an 02 Vette Z06 stock 405hp on stock street tires, I out ran an 02 Z06 with racing slicks and engine mods around 550hp just because I had taken more driving lessons. Same thing when I had my miata.

Especially if she is not used to a manual transmission, spend your money on autocross lessons and road course lessons. This will also make the driver safer on the street, not to mention give you two a fun afternoon together learning how to drive the car. Plus, when you sell the car, the mods go with the car, but your driving lessons are with you forever.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

You can get bigger turbo, go for it.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:48 AM

As a NOOB myself, I should have read all of the posts before posting my own. However, a lot of people suggest modding the driver, but it seems there is little consensus on the mods other than tbe and intake; you decide what to do.

On another note, as a NOOB, I'm disappointed with how personal some of the posts were.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by dek0026
really?

that's pretty retarded.
wow man. why is a turbo charged tC retarded? 300whp in a 2900lb car sounds nice to me.

this has turned into a giant flame sesh on me. i should have known.

its definitely not my money, i dont have that kind of money and i would never be dumb enough to spend it on someone i might not be with forever.

her grandparents are rich as f*** and they gave her a $50k limit on her car, she chose an evo and will have some money left over for mods, she is 19, going to be a junior in college, and im 18 going to be a sophomore. whoop dee doo im not 12 years old a holes. i am pretty much a noob but im not retarded or naive, just unexperienced with evos.

driving school would be fun and i know it would make me and her alot better at driving but the money is not for that.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:07 PM

and thanks to most of you.

Last edited by athletefeet66; Jul 3, 2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

^ I saw lots of good advice in this thread.
1. Keep her money
2. Learn to drive the car first.
3. Car is already fast enough
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:15 PM

If she is rich and $7K is nothing to you/her then spend away! Don't listen to anyone who says different.. There are some great examples of modded EVOX's already... you can even start by searching out some of the threads on the EVO IX area..

If you are not rich and $7K is alot to you/her, then take 1/2 that money and put it into stocks, then take the other half and save it in your savings for when the car has a voided warranty or out of warranty.. (or invest the whole amount in stocks and double you money in several years).
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:21 PM

ok 50/50.

well looks like ill just stick with TBE and intake, maybe a tune.

autox is planned in august to practice and test our noobish skillz. what is an HPDE at a race track?

Quick Reply: $7k extra what to do...