Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

$7k extra what to do...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup best of luck, maybe 350whp+ may feel mangeable when your going in a straight line but turns will be quite different if your not going to go fast in a fast car that is a lie lol it WILL happen at some point or another, I think the stock evo will be plenty fast for her , should spend 7k on looks as girls tend to like looks of a car also it will be better money spent imo

There's a difference with stalling out a few times and getting the handle of a stage 4 and knowing how to drive it properly without burning it and having it slip on you. Without enough knowledge as it seems you and her don't have YET (will in time and experience of course) you may think you have the money to back it up but it could cost you quite a bit more!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by SlyEvo
what he's saying is that you could spend that money and get better performance-for-the-buck if you start with something stronger out of the box platform like the evo. albeit a lot of ignorant comments, i agree, boosting an fwd car is a joke.

just get the car and be happy. maybe your gf will be more than satisfied with the car being stock.

good luck

i know it is futile to turbo a fwd car. i wish i personally had the money for he evo but insurance and the payment would eat me alive....even though tC insurance is ridic.

im done with this thread till i can actually take some pics with the car.

thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:16 PM

cant go wrong with this, and it wont break the bank.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=355100
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

okay, my last $0.10. True, $50k is a drop in the bucket to some people (not you as a soph in college, as much as you want it to be, I call shinanigans). But for those that it is a drop in the bucket, they dont come to Evom to find out how to mod the car they get for free.
I hope you dont injure anyone else with this car.....
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Wow this thread's gettin' bad!

How about you guys just answer his original question, and not worry about who's driving, how long they've been driving, their gender, etc.?

It's his (and his gf's) life, who cares? Let them do as they please, without putting things in the way of it.

I went from a slow regular ol' Lancer to an Evo, with no experience in driving stick. I learned on it, and hey, I'm still here! (Oh and not to mention I'm 18 years old!)

So put aside all things that don't matter, and just give him tips on how to achieve his goals! (Without making an *** out of yourselves)
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 628

How about you guys just answer his original question, and not worry about who's driving, how long they've been driving, their gender, etc.?

It's his (and his gf's) life, who cares? Let them do as they please, without putting things in the way of it.

I went from a slow regular ol' Lancer to an Evo, with no experience in driving stick. I learned on it, and hey, I'm still here! (Oh and not to mention I'm 18 years old!)

So put aside all things that don't matter, and just give him tips on how to achieve his goals! (Without making an *** out of yourselves)
well put
Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:52 PM

obviously you don't have any friends or know anyone who has died of such acts, if you have you would be more concerned , you may not give a rats *** if they live , die or run into major problems but some do

No one said they can't do what they want, advise was given you take it or leave it take the good out of all the good and bad and do what you want then. Just because you are still here won't mean you will be here tomorrow and neither does that mean your car. We were not talking about a stock evo, 400whp is a big difference

Not everyone is the same and you are not a girl getting into an evo for the first time and it being 400whp, 18 and you have an evo? good for you not everyone is so lucky obviously you haven't experienced enough with the advice you gave with the circumstances
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 628

I agree 110%
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evokyo
obviously you don't have any friends or know anyone who has died of such acts, if you have you would be more concerned , you may not give a rats *** if they live , die or run into major problems but some do
I don't think we're here to lecture them on how to increase their chances of survival, but he asked for some advice, and let's give it to him! Of course, I care for his life, I care for mine and others as well, and I've lost one friend (not even in a fast car!), but I don't find that to be a reason to change this thread into "how about since because they have this much experience, and because they're this old, we try to persuade them into not doing it." (But should ANYONE really be driving a 400hp car? It's dangerous for EVERYONE, no matter how much experience, no matter how responsible, it increases the chance of serious injury or death for ANYONE)

I'm sure he and his lady value their lives, but let them live it how they want to, even if it means modding their car to 400hp! That's how they want to have fun, and I'm not going to go against that, and nobody else here should either.

No one said they can't do what they want, advise was given you take it or leave it take the good out of all the good and bad and do what you want then. Just because you are still here won't mean you will be here tomorrow and neither does that mean your car. We were not talking about a stock evo, 400whp is a big difference
You're sort of contradicting yourself here, because:
The first sentence sounds as though you're promoting them doing as they please.
Then the last two sentences sort of say, "don't do it."

But anyway..
Okay yeah, you're right, nobody specifically told them not to do as they please, but that's the vibe I'm getting, personally, from reading the posts here. (Especially from one of your posts)

Okay so I'm here today, possibly not tomorrow, but that goes for everyone, sort of puts it at a point where we can just take that out of the equation than.

Not everyone is the same and you are not a girl getting into an evo for the first time and it being 400whp, 18 and you have an evo? good for you not everyone is so lucky obviously you haven't experienced enough with the advice you gave with the circumstances
I'm not a girl, but what difference does it make? None, really.

When I brought up my age, I didn't mean to sound "showy-offy," (the way you're taking it, but that goes to show your own personal view on an 18 year old with an evo! ), but what I meant to say is that I'm 18 and responsible, and they possibly are too. Why assume they aren't? (And it's unfortunate you couldn't figure the point I was trying to make from stating I'm 18, so you'd rather jump to "he's trying to show off")

But keep it comin', quality stuff!

(and sorry for long post)

Last edited by 628; Jul 3, 2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:48 AM

I was talking to you not them where you say I contradict myself lol reread, well thats your vibe and your opinion , again this thread isn't about everyone it is about them and their specific background and situation.

Did I ever say girls drive bad, was it wrong to say she is girl who is going to be the owner of the car? Should I say you are not the bf getting into the car? lol You just assume many things and I am not that old but this shows how narrow minded you are if you make all these assumptions without any backing. I have backing to my logic because of real life events and facts and only am sharing my experiences, never ONCE did I say you MUST do something or not do something. They have their choice but I said you should consider the situation and make it with those thoughts in mind which they may have not really brought into the conclusion.

You are lucky too being 18 with an evo but I'm not taking age into anything but that, although if you know anything about how much it can cost to fix a car you may not want them getting into it. IT'S A NEW CAR, all that work will give HER a headache if she doesn't know FULLY what she is getting into. Ever spend $10,000 just to have things go wrong esp. modifying the car? Well then you would understand more clearly.

I never took it off as showing off and didn't mean that sarcastically lol I'm only a few years older than you lol SO anything you said about age doesn't apply here thanks.

Again maybe their parents are buying the car or maybe she is paying all for it either way doesn't matter, if she has all the money with the financial backing so that she can wreck or whatever else that's fine but I was saying if she/he doesn't.

Also what if they break up on bad terms (not on good terms JUST SAYING "IF") he's out 7k from his grandparents he could of spent himself or he could take off the parts and mess up her car for the hell of it or it could all be dandy and they could split things and be adults but at the same time he STILL loses the value of the parts that are going on. Your a guy? Why not think if he gets screwed? anyways live and learn but its like saying you should experience stds on your own instead of taking advice to wrap up lol
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:51 AM

i dont care if you love the girl unless she is your wife dropping 7k on her car is stupid IMO , if you don't think so then its your opinion lol you must either be rich or stupid

Oh btw if you don't think its stupid can I be your gf or his gf?

Last edited by evokyo; Jul 4, 2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

Did I ever say girls drive bad, was it wrong to say she is girl who is going to be the owner of the car?
Not everyone is the same and you are not a girl getting into an evo for the first time and it being 400whp
Well, then I'm unsure as to why you pointed out "...a girl getting into an evo..." in the first place if you believe we're equal. You stating "...a newbie driver getting into an evo..." would have made a little more sense, while making yourself look less sexist (sexist regarding this situation, I don't know about in general).

In the end what I'm trying to promote is "don't lecture, just answer his questions!"

But anyway, I believe it's HER grandparents, um, gifting the $7k...so here are some quotes for you:

You:

Also what if they break up on bad terms (not on good terms JUST SAYING "IF") he's out 7k from his grandparents he could of spent himself or he could take off the parts and mess up her car for the hell of it or it could all be dandy and they could split things and be adults but at the same time he STILL loses the value of the parts that are going on. Your a guy? Why not think if he gets screwed? anyways live and learn but its like saying you should experience stds on your own instead of taking advice to wrap up lol
i dont care if you love the girl unless she is your wife dropping 7k on her car is stupid IMO , if you don't think so then its your opinion lol you must either be rich or stupid

Oh btw if you don't think its stupid can I be your gf or his gf?
OP:

Originally Posted by athletefeet66
read please...

i said her grandparents have the money, not me or her, she needs a new car and they are giving her 7k plus the cost of the car just for adding whatever we decide on.

if i could tell her to give it to me i would save it but its hers to spend on her car, she already has a trust fund and stuff like that.

focus on the $7k for the car, nothing else. what a concept.
You:

I was talking to you not them where you say I contradict myself lol reread, well thats your vibe and your opinion , again this thread isn't about everyone it is about them and their specific background and situation.
Me:

"lol reread."

Good advice though, thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2008, 03:24 AM

thank you for pointing that out to me must of been clarified in the middle of the thread which I DIDN'T READ I made a mistake ALTHOUGH it was told as if it was his grandparents on the first page thus I was not the only one to leave a comment such as that I did not intend reading every page =)

You amuse me because if your so good at quoting go back to when I was directly talking to him about how 400whp is very different when not going straight, so how was I being sexist I had commented him more harshly than her about driving experience

I at least am man enough to admit my mistake, however you mention nothing of yours, good job oh mighty one
although that still doesn't mean you shouldn't have reread?

How does it sound sexist? The car will belong to a girl which is a HER as I mentioned before should I refer to him or would it be correct to say she is a girl

Your not old enough to drink hope thats root bear in that son =) this is joking I hope you don't think I'm being mean again

So you want to prove its "not right to lecture only answer"

This is a forum you get opinions live with it or go else where lol, that is my answer and you have your own I will stick with mine and I won't deter that yours is your own. However you have turned it into "this guy is wrong and I am right" debate so I'm not the one or only one making an *** of myself as with the OP I'm done commenting as I've already wished him and his gf the best if you read that also, if your so mature and responsible then how is it responsible to encourage a "newbie" into a 400whp evo, and mature that you don't suggest advice such as taking time to learn first doing what you want but not before you gain some experience , I'm not the only one saying that in this thread and if you think otherwise great I intended my advice to go to the OP and he welcomed it for the concern he took it like a mature adult doesn't mean he will listen but he is aware of what could happen and appreciates concern, you however come offensive off the bat

"OH this sounds sexist , etc." real mature =)
Old Jul 4, 2008, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by athletefeet66
300hp in a 2600lb car would be really fast actually. but the tc weighs about 2900lbs.

when trying to make a come back try to use correct grammar. i already schooled you in math....do you want english too?

i started reading this thread thinking you were a dumbass, then i read more, and i started to think you weren't such a dumbass. now after reading the last two pages, I have reaffirmed that you are in fact a dumbass.

Just thought you should know

oh yeah... your gf is fat

Last edited by Carboy2199; Jul 4, 2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

My responses in red:

thank you for pointing that out to me must of been clarified in the middle of the thread which I DIDN'T READ I made a mistake ALTHOUGH it was told as if it was his grandparents on the first page thus I was not the only one to leave a comment such as that I did not intend reading every page =) Well, it'd be helpful to read every page if you're planning on drilling others.

You amuse me because if your so good at quoting go back to when I was directly talking to him about how 400whp is very different when not going straight, so how was I being sexist I had commented him more harshly than her about driving experience Well, ignore the whole "sexist" thing for now, and this pretty much brings us back to my original point, "put aside how dangerous it may be for either of them, he asked a question, give him an answer."

I at least am man enough to admit my mistake, however you mention nothing of yours, good job oh mighty one
although that still doesn't mean you shouldn't have reread? I don't admit mistake to my opinions, as I don't believe my opinions are mistakes.

How does it sound sexist? The car will belong to a girl which is a HER as I mentioned before should I refer to him or would it be correct to say she is a girl I suppose you just aren't getting the point...you pretty much made a general statement about girls, and that's what I was getting at, but you insist you made a specific statement towards his lady with no driving experience.

"Not everyone is the same and you are not a girl getting into an evo for the first time" was a general statement towards women, which brings up this "guy with no experience in an evo vs. girl with no experience in an evo" thing. That's pretty much the only point that can be extracted from that quote, unless it was meant to be worded differently..

Your not old enough to drink hope thats root bear in that son =) this is joking I hope you don't think I'm being mean again Never said you were mean; in fact, never said nothin' 'bout you.

So you want to prove its "not right to lecture only answer" I'm not trying to prove anything, but I tried to get others to just give him answers rather than lectures.

This is a forum you get opinions live with it or go else where lol, that is my answer and you have your own I will stick with mine and I won't deter that yours is your own. However you have turned it into "this guy is wrong and I am right" (Never said anyone was wrong or right, nor was I implying it) debate so I'm not the one or only one making an *** of myself as with the OP I'm done commenting as I've already wished him and his gf the best if you read that also, if your so mature and responsible then how is it responsible to encourage a "newbie" into a 400whp evo (Uhhhhhh, because he asked for it? You do realize in the end it's his decision as to whether he goes through with it or not, so why not answer his questions and let him do the survival work on his own?), and mature that you don't suggest advice such as taking time to learn first doing what you want but not before you gain some experience (Because he didn't ask for that) I'm not the only one saying that in this thread and if you think otherwise great I intended my advice to go to the OP and he welcomed it for the concern he took it like a mature adult doesn't mean he will listen but he is aware of what could happen and appreciates concern (That's kind of what I was saying from the beginning, we don't have to lecture him, I'm pretty sure he already knew he was increasing his chances), you however come offensive off the bat (Opinion. Don't like it? "Go elsewhere!")

"OH this sounds sexist , etc." real mature =)
18 and you have an evo? good for you not everyone is so lucky obviously you haven't experienced enough with the advice you gave with the circumstances
Assuming I haven't had any friends who died from a car accident, when in fact I have, and then calling me out on being 18 and being "lucky," and not having enough experience (been through 4 car accidents, 1 as me being the driver: I don't take life for granted)...pretty mature as well! =)

( = Fizzy coke in a jug for me)

Last edited by 628; Jul 4, 2008 at 05:09 AM.

Quick Reply: $7k extra what to do...