Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

US Evo X curb weights and actual weights?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 04:25 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
US Evo X curb weights and actual weights?

GSR 3517 lbs
SSS GSR 3585 lbs (???)
MR 3594 lbs

I can't really find a weight for the SSS online. The one I have above is from a magazine article and a car with a tall wing that looked like an SSS. How much does the sub, amplifier, larger wing, FAST system, and HIDs weigh? I'd assume 70 pounds could be right, but I don't know.

Anyone weighed their Evo X?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little off topic but in regards to the MRs weight, i'm still debating whether or not the extra sound deadening materials would be a plus considering the extra weight.

I can't imagine it would make too large a difference in weight, but curious if the reduction in noise is noticeable.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:35 PM
EvoM Administrator

OK, I couldn't resist anymore. I didn't want to pull weight out of the rear and effect the distribution negatively, but I did it anyway since the SSS sub is still back there and lets me leave some weight in the back. That spare was 39 pounds on the bathroom scale. The jack, turner, styrofoam and fuzz together are another ten pounds. I pulled almost 50 pounds out of the car in like five minutes. I put the tire iron in the bracing next to the washer pump and the wheel lock in the cabin.

The other thing that was heavy on that bathroom scale was me. I need to lose a spare tire too. If I can get down from 205 lbs to 190 lbs, there's another 15 pounds. I need to corner weigh this sucker.

Speaking of the sub, it sounds deeper now with all the extra junk out of the back soaking up the sound.

Any more weight
Old Jul 6, 2008, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Noize
OK, I couldn't resist anymore. I didn't want to pull weight out of the rear and effect the distribution negatively, but I did it anyway since the SSS sub is still back there and lets me leave some weight in the back. That spare was 39 pounds on the bathroom scale. The jack, turner, styrofoam and fuzz together are another ten pounds. I pulled almost 50 pounds out of the car in like five minutes. I put the tire iron in the bracing next to the washer pump and the wheel lock in the cabin.

The other thing that was heavy on that bathroom scale was me. I need to lose a spare tire too. If I can get down from 205 lbs to 190 lbs, there's another 15 pounds. I need to corner weigh this sucker.

Speaking of the sub, it sounds deeper now with all the extra junk out of the back soaking up the sound.

Any more weight

LOL!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 08:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ZerLp
A little off topic but in regards to the MRs weight, i'm still debating whether or not the extra sound deadening materials would be a plus considering the extra weight.

I can't imagine it would make too large a difference in weight, but curious if the reduction in noise is noticeable.
It's the MR's transmission. That is the main reason for the increased weight.

Last edited by VincentX; Jul 7, 2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Where did you pull your GSR weight numbers from? I was thinking that mine said 3488 or something similar under 3500 on the door for weight...I can check at lunch.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:31 AM
EvoM Administrator

The GSR base and MR are Mitsubishi official numbers for the US car.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, although a little off topic, I'm with you on the weight needing to come out of the front and not the rear. The good thing is that the weight distribution is already very good, I think it's like 53/47 or somewhere in that range. I am of the mind that if proportional amounts of weight can be taken out of the front AND the rear that it will make phenominal differences in how the car performs. If we can get some weight out of the front of the car then the acceleration will improve without ruining the great balance of the car.

Hell, technically that would bring the weight distribution even closer to 50/50 which will improve the already phenominal handling. Someone needs to come out with an even lighter front bumper beam, maybe some aluminum FMIC supports to replace the ones that I believe are steel, etc. The X is a phenominal car, but I think that the main attack point needs to be to go after the car's achilles heel, which is the weight. That and a slight bump in power and this car will dominate.

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Jul 8, 2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
May be off topic, but I was at the dealer today poking around the X MR they had in the showroom, and the salesman started telling me how the whole car is made of aluminum, except the full carbon fiber wing, and that is the reason it is so much lighter than my IX. I thought it was funny.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

^Lolz, salesmen are funny.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:38 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We use 3780 with driver for the dyno load purposes.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 238 Likes on 214 Posts
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...Vwrx_chart.pdf

According to Road and track, for the GSR
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

3417 for base GSR? and 3500 for SSS?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 238 Likes on 214 Posts
no...
Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:53 PM

I have a 08 GSR SSS. I removed the floor matts, spare tire and tools and matts. I left the sub in. When I was at the track I weighed the car. It came in at 3517. I sat in the car and it was 3702. This was with half a tank of gas.

Quick Reply: US Evo X curb weights and actual weights?