Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this a good deal?

I'm talking to a local dealer in Virginia because 1k to ship a car from Southcoast is still kinda steep. Anyway they have a couple PB GSR's in stock. I'm trying to work a deal on a dealer demo PB GSR SSS with Aero Kit and dealer installed Navi, that has 800 miles on it. I got him down to like $32,800 on the car and 34k OTD with TTT and all that. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I wait it out until the end of the year for better deals?

I been readfing this board for years...mostly trolling for info but I have wanted to get the Evo X since the first time I saw the Concept X before the IX even came out. I had a IX for a like a week but I ended up getting rid of it bc it really wasn't worth the money I felt at the time and I got me too much attention from the cops. Right now I drive a beater POS '98 Civic Hatch that I will probably still use for my commuter car [40mpg], but it would be nice to have something to go out in that isn't so crappy looking.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me consdering that that car stickers out at almost $40k!

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...0021&loc=en-us
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

That is a good deal, do it.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:07 PM

I can do the same price on a brand new one no miles.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:33 PM

Hmmm...

And where is your dealership located? It's a moot point regardless though because this stealership is about 8 miles from my house [zip code=23453]. So unless you are about 100 miles or less from me and can do at least 1k less than this price, the driving distance/gas/shipping would kill the deal.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Why are they a stealership^ Sounds like they are giving you a straight up deal.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

There's a Mitsubishi dealership in Downingtown, which is listed in his profile.

http://www.jeffsmitsubishi.com/

They've got 8 GSR's listed, though, I don't know the validity of his claims, if he actually works there or what. But at that price, if he could actually supply a GSR w/ SSS, Nav and Aero kit for 32.8 I'd buy one tomorrow.

800 miles is considered used, but, still... that ain't a bad deal.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Ask them to replace the clutch and then you'll sign the paper.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:52 PM

They also have a brand new one I could probably talk them into giving me for the same price but it has the lolSportAcc package on it which jacks up the price a couple hundred. I used to sell cars back in the day...a good deal is in the eye of the purchaser and since I'm cheap as hell, I always get buyers remorse on large purchases. Unless of course I feel as if I stole the car/item for a super great price. [i.e. The refurbished 37" Westy 1080p monitor I got for 500 bones ]
Old Jul 9, 2008, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
fully loaded at 34k out the door sounds good to me. with 0 or 800 miles. i didnt get the aero nor navi and i am still more expensive.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:55 PM

hey if u dont buy it let me know so i can take a look at it =)
Old Jul 11, 2008, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by turbotortuga
I'm talking to a local dealer in Virginia because 1k to ship a car from Southcoast is still kinda steep. Anyway they have a couple PB GSR's in stock. I'm trying to work a deal on a dealer demo PB GSR SSS with Aero Kit and dealer installed Navi, that has 800 miles on it. I got him down to like $32,800 on the car and 34k OTD with TTT and all that. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I wait it out until the end of the year for better deals?

I been readfing this board for years...mostly trolling for info but I have wanted to get the Evo X since the first time I saw the Concept X before the IX even came out. I had a IX for a like a week but I ended up getting rid of it bc it really wasn't worth the money I felt at the time and I got me too much attention from the cops. Right now I drive a beater POS '98 Civic Hatch that I will probably still use for my commuter car [40mpg], but it would be nice to have something to go out in that isn't so crappy looking.
Yes that's more than fair for that car. Waiting, well they let the dealers sit with the new 2006 Evo for almost 2 years without any help to move them. I would guess there won' be much for rebates if any at all. What is the sticker price? If it is $40k then your saving nearly $4k
Old Jul 11, 2008, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HugoEvoIXMR
Ask them to replace the clutch and then you'll sign the paper.
+1... this is exactly what I first thought. Great deal, but how were those 800 miles spent
Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by kidneythief13
+1... this is exactly what I first thought. Great deal, but how were those 800 miles spent
Hmm, clutch has 12 month 12k warranty, and it is a lengthy job to change the clutch plus the parts cost, it will cost them a bundle to pay for a clutch out of pocket. But that is a good question, just how was it driven? Mine went down in 380 miles, but I did have a bad seal which caused it to go down. But the clutch itself had very very little wear. If he saving like $4k for 800 miles I think I'd just buy it anyway. I bet they may have ran it pretty hard, i think the clutch is weak. Maybe he can get a deal in writing saying they give him an extra 5,000 miles and or 6 months over the factory warranty and they pay if it goes down then if they won't give further discount. but hey for a $4k discount I'd take a chance its still a great deal.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:14 PM

Yea the 800 miles were driven by the owner of the dealership so it is anyone guess if he beat on it or not but probably so. This has been a real debate for me. I love the price and the car but I am not sure if it is the right decision for me in light of where the economy is going [specifically gas prices]. I would LOVE to DD this car but spending $300 plus a month on gas alone is not acceptable for me. I could keep my civic and use this as a weekend car but where's the fun in that? BTW the dealer has not called me back since he last gave me the offer so I know that it is a striped out close to cost deal and he is losing tons of money on it. Im going to go tomorrow and see if I can get another 1k taken off, if he does that hen I will sign the paperwork on the spot. 33K OTD is just too good to pass up.

However, how is the maintenance for u guys? I saw the oil changes [$50 and up] and the 15/30/60 service intervals were super steep [close to $500 for them each]. I don't know if it would be worth it to own a niche car that just eats a whole in ur pocket all the time.. even though I love the Evo very badly lol.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal?