Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

i dont understand dealerships...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont you know a friend who can give you a test drive in his? apparently thats the only way you could feel the car yourself before buying it?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

yea, i can stay its a hard choice as a dealer... if someone comes in and ask for a test drive right away its one thing... if you want them to take you more serious you should dress decent ( not a shirt and tie or anything, although it wouldnt hurt)... and then talk about the car 1st

Ask about pricing, availability, rebates, insurance , finance options, service...dealer benefits and then ask about a test drive....
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Willie Dynamite
The real question is this: Why don't they have dealer demos. This same issue comes up time and time again. Why not have one Evo that is soley there to be used as a test vehicle.
Probably cant afford them.. most mitsu dealers are struggling or on their way out of business... Its too bad cause all cause should be test driven before purchase especially high performance ones...
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
If they gave out test drives, every 16 year old kid would be lined up. Rules are rules. If someone wants a evo, 9 out 10 times they already know what the car is and what it can do.

Examples;
If they do paperwork, then let you drive the car, you wreck, well then its yours.
If they do paperwork, you test drive it, and dont like it, your not liable to buy it.

They are in the right.
BMW gives test drives of all thier cars even the Ms and they are worth alot more than the EVO!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

my dealership didn't let anyone test drive evo's...that's how i got my evo with 5 miles, which i'm extremely happy about
Old Jul 26, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gtrskyline34
my dealership didn't let anyone test drive evo's...that's how i got my evo with 5 miles, which i'm extremely happy about
and thats the other side of it.... but if someone seems serious about ANY car i cannot see how you wouldnt let em drive it, just have to go with them and make sure the break in standards are being maintained....