Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Mitsubishi as a brand

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:00 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
the Honda and a nissan is waaay more advertised car the Mitsu.
Now the clutch issues on these cars... Why around the world where people main majority driving stick , its no issues there, but America?
I know i will hurt many people here but mainly the human error is responsible for clutch problems.
The clutch made to fail first in the drive train to prevent further or more excessive damage. Brilliant!

If you add whp for the car and you are wondering why the clutch slips ... That is a longer story. But as you know something got to give sooner or later.

it is a long debate , so we can go around around.

Also the Mitsubishi is a well respected company around a world except here.
Those EU guys or Asian guy could chip in here too.
Here we go again, dude let me tell you a few things

Here in America:

1) I am fat because of fast foods
2) My kids are out of control because of the school
3) Gas price are high, has nothing to do with me owning an SUV
4) It’s the clutch fault each time the car stalled
5) I want things fast and simple
6) My opinions are facts
7) Jesus only care about America
8) Soccer isn’t a sport
9) Rally racing isn’t a spot
10) And if you don’t speak English you’re wrong…and also poor
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by redteam22003
Here we go again, dude let me tell you a few things

Here in America:

1) I am fat because of fast foods
2) My kids are out of control because of the school
3) Gas price are high, has nothing to do with me owning an SUV
4) It’s the clutch fault each time the car stalled
5) I want things fast and simple
6) My opinions are facts
7) Jesus only care about America
8) Soccer isn’t a sport
9) Rally racing isn’t a spot
10) And if you don’t speak English you’re wrong…and also poor
that will do it.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:08 AM
Account Disabled

that will do it.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by TalonTuner4G63
NJ9MR,

I understand you are a Mitsubishi enthusiast, as am I. I love alot of Mitsubishis, save anything built up untill around now.

There are always going to be people with every single type of car which are exceptions, cars that seem to last forever, or total lemons. When I speak of problems with Mitsubishi, these are a majority of people, not a small minority.

Imagine a few thousand miles after you bought your Evo, the clutch went out. After you replaced your clutch, a few thousand miles later your main bearings take a dump in your engine, in a car you just drive around in. Then imagine that because of the clutch you just had to replace, Mitsubishi blames your engine failure on you, while knowingly understands they have a serious issue with a large quantity of said engine. Regardless, you end up paying thousands. I am speaking of the crankwalk issue found on the early second gen DSM cars.

Working at a Mitsu dealership for a while really let me get a grasp on how bad some of these cars really are, and how Mitsubishi dosn't even have alot of faith in them.

And as far as the lineup, it's not just me who thinks theyre lackluster, it's ALOT of people. My girlfriend and I bought new cars last year, I bought an 07 Civic coupe, she bought an 07 Sentra. We both scoped out the new Lancer before our purchases. I spent a good bit of time behind the wheel, and was motivated because working at the dealership allowed me potential to get a pretty damn good deal. I ended up going with the Honda, and she with the Nissan, because the Lancer is a turd. Feels way cheaper than both of our cars, and here is the most important thing:

I have the confidence that both my Honda, and her Nissan, will give us less trouble over the course of the years than that Mitsubishi.

And thats plain and simple. When it comes down to it, and you have the cash in hand, aside from the Evo, are you really going to purchase a Mitsubishi product? Most people are saying "no".
Hi Again TalonTuner4G63:
May I ask you if you bought your Evo new, or used? If you bought it used, I would be curious how that first guy treated it!! I remember when the Evo first came to The 'States...People couldn't wait to get past the break-in period. You know what they did? (NOT saying, or implying you what-so-EVER!!) People on forums were bragging that with less than 200 miles they were doing 'donuts', trying to drift, etc. and just driving the sh*t out of the cars so that they could quickly pass their break in period so that they could see "what an Evo can do"!! These are some of the people (Again, no way implying you, your friends what-so-ever!) that rag about MITSUBISHI and complaining how their car uses oil, "makes a funny sound in the rear", etc.!
I'm a 50 year old guy (not that it matters!) who has taken both his cars to the tracks, lost my license 5 times for speeding, but! (old people can have fun too!) I get the preventative maintaince and care for my cars done-regiously. That is NOT to imply that the people who have issues with MITSUBISHI cars do NOT maintain them!! I am just stating where I come from.
I go to Japan about every two years and have had the pleasure to visit MITSUBISHI Dealerships, a production line and many high-ranking executives and they 'aim-to please'. Now, you can say they were just saying what I wanted to hear. Maybe. But they struck me as sincere people who want people to WANT to buy their product(s). There are ALWAYS bad apples, no doubt!!
I can understand why you bought your Honda. But, everywhere you look-there is a HONDA!! To me, (NOT passing judgement!) the Honda is like the 'Model T', because they are made for the masses (NOT including the S2000). They fit the needs of the young, old and everyone inbetween. To me, the civic is simply well-rounded transportation, it's a car with NO soul, uninspiring. Yeah, it will get you where you want to go, no question about that.
Me, I want a car that has a 'soul' and is different than what the masses are driving. I don't want to be on a highway and look to my right, look to my left and see the same vehicle, just in a different color...That is my opinion of a Honda, sorry. Please understand!! I do not want to offend anyone, just have a conversation!! I have been a MITSUBISHI Fan/Collector since 1985 and do not regret the 3 vehicles, Televisions, Telephones, etc. that I have bought since then.
Most Sincerely, -Howard
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Howard on the route to loosing his license for the 6th times, since he standing at the 7 point level right now.
So much for the boring college teachers

also to understand him i'm here to proudly present you guys, how deep his info and connections with Mitsubishi , here in US. The Japanese side if he willing to do he can come forward.
I'm very proud to know him, and i do thrust his knowledge about the Mitsubishi as general.
Although we have sometimes differences.
But at least we are in the same club TSE.

He is biased for mitsu for sure, BUT he knows what he saying about mitsubishi, you can bet on it. We all should feel the same way about him .

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jul 30, 2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

i think the le mans cars starts with the button , not with a key.

you dont need to run the engine to put the car in gear.

so why?
They do now, they didn't back then. Now it's the kill switch, then the start button, most of which are usually both on the left of the steering wheel (or right, depending on the country of origin etc)

hm...

i would never start the car and the same time put it in gear. But i'm not a la mans driver also.

I would use the start button , or just leave the car in first gear. so you dont need a parking break, which takes time to reales too, since we have only 2 arms

so why?
They couldn't leave it in first gear, tracks' starting grids are almost always flat enough that you don't need a parking brake.

Starting the car the same time you put it in gear is the best thing ever. It had/has nothing to do with needing to start it to put it in gear, it has everything to do with shaving a few seconds of time off.

Last edited by UT_Evo; Jul 30, 2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

what can i say, if that is the reason?
you won !
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Thanks RobEvo RS!
I appreciate you and what you wrote! It means alot, coming from you!!
Old Jul 30, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ9MR
These are some of the people (Again, no way implying you, your friends what-so-ever!) that rag about MITSUBISHI and complaining how their car uses oil, "makes a funny sound in the rear", etc.!
I'm a 50 year old guy (not that it matters!) who has taken both his cars to the tracks, lost my license 5 times for speeding, but! (old people can have fun too!) I get the preventative maintaince and care for my cars done-regiously. That is to imply that the people who have issues with MITSUBISHI cars do NOT maintain them!! I am just stating where I come from.
Howard,

I agree with you totally about alot of people's misconceptions about reliabillity. Alot of the people who drive these cars are young kids with no idea what is really going on under the hood of the car, and exactly how it works. It's just a big toy, that makes alot of noise, and you can spend alot of money on it. Often, routine maintinence comes second to performance mods, and often the car is blamed after failing from regular abuse. As if it was supposed to last forever, let alone under those conditions.

Repetitive launching, high rpm shifting, and powershifting will eventually cause drivetrain components to fail. Substatial power output on stock components will weaken them over time, making it it not a question of IF it can fail, but WHEN. Failure to due routine maintinence and checks will lead to busted hoses, snapped timing belts, spun bearings, ect.

The issue however is not of the owner, but of the company's quality control and repair tactics.

At the dealership I worked at, technitions had boxes of unused un-installed parts that customers paid their money for, but were never installed. Denying warranty claims over stupid reasons they knew good and well were BS. Terrible attitudes towards customers, who were often unknowlegeable about mechanics and at the mercy of a ruthless service manager. These things happen with every make, but is very often common practice at Mitsubishi dealers. Which is why that very dealer I worked for is now out of business. Not to mention, why do you think Mitsu dealers got the name "satan" since the inception of the Talon digest back in 1997-98?

I can understand why you bought your Honda. But, everywhere you look-there is a HONDA!! To me, (NOT passing judgement!) the Honda is like the 'Model T', because they are made for the masses (NOT including the S2000). They fit the needs of the young, old and everyone inbetween. To me, the civic is simply well-rounded transportation, it's a car with NO soul, uninspiring. Yeah, it will get you where you want to go, no question about that.
I wouldn't go so far to call the Civic "uninspiring" and having "no soul". It's definetly "vanilla" though, to say the least. But consider the Civic, Mazda 3, and Sentra's competitor, the Lancer: would you say it's much of an inspiring vehicle? Hardly. The point is, they ALL are very vanilla econo-boxes. But at the end of the day, which one is going to get you from point a to point b reliabily time after time? Thats what 90% of the general automobile consumer wants to know. Enthusiasts like us only are a small piece of the pie.

Paul
Old Jul 30, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Mistu should just become a small and performance based brand, similar to Lotus.

They should only have like 1 dealership per state (maybe two in CA, lol), and cut cost by getting rid of a lot of stupid employees and deadbeat dealerships. They should just sale the Lancer line up (cept turn the base lancer into a performance coupe like someone said). They should just focus on doing what their good at, which is making performance cars, like the EVO and the new Ralliart.

This is just an idea and can be expanded on and perfected. Most people will say its not a great idea if the want to be a big car manufacture, like toyota and honda. But if they dont do this, we might not have any mitsu, which mean no EVO.
I still vote for my idea.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
I still vote for my idea.
i hope you are aware that fact , the Evolution is build in the different location and a totally different building from ANY other Mitsubishi vehicle ....
Fact they building the Evolution in the same building, where they builded the famous

Mitsubishi Zero attack airplane .
http://www.b-29s-over-korea.com/Japa...amikaze11.html

So you kinda get what you want...
Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

the new civic is a girly looking car period.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

the new civic is a girly looking car period.
That sales really well
Old Aug 1, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the looks of the new Civic, which is one of the reasons I bought it over the Lancer. Not to mention, how many 06-08 Civics do you see on the road every day? Seems like people really dig em.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

i hope you are aware that fact , the Evolution is build in the different location and a totally different building from ANY other Mitsubishi vehicle ....
Fact they building the Evolution in the same building, where they builded the famous

Mitsubishi Zero attack airplane .
http://www.b-29s-over-korea.com/Japa...amikaze11.html

So you kinda get what you want...
They need to use that fact in their marketing ads so they can attract more attention and sell more cars...

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi as a brand