Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Mom and Pop's used car lot with Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jefferson owner re: Grand National
A true garage kept beauty. T-Tops, an interior that is spotless, a 5-09 PA inspection, and a ride to dream about. If you are looking for a beat up kids toys for cheap money, keep looking. If you are looking for a clean, 73000 mile beauty, come take a look.
a true car guy i guess. worries about what he sells to whom.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The biggest fear that I have whenever I trade this thing in is that the dealership that has driven my car before and told me there was nothing wrong with it (after I complained about the crunchy shifting) will say that there's something wrong with my tranny and they'll try to **** me on trade in value. Matter of fact, I think that anyone who drives this thing will notice the transmission issue and will probably think that there is something wrong with the car and try to screw me on trade in. Mitsu has abandoned us and if they haven't fixed this issue by now, after the car has been out for 6 months in the US and even longer overseas, then they aren't going to fix it. Just wait and see, we will all get screwed on trade in because of this tranny issue.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
The biggest fear that I have whenever I trade this thing in is that the dealership that has driven my car before and told me there was nothing wrong with it (after I complained about the crunchy shifting) will say that there's something wrong with my tranny and they'll try to **** me on trade in value.
are you already planning on/forseeing trading the car in?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:33 AM

The biggest fear that I have whenever I trade this thing in is that the dealership that has driven my car before and told me there was nothing wrong with it (after I complained about the crunchy shifting) will say that there's something wrong with my tranny and they'll try to **** me on trade in value. Matter of fact, I think that anyone who drives this thing will notice the transmission issue and will probably think that there is something wrong with the car and try to screw me on trade in. Mitsu has abandoned us and if they haven't fixed this issue by now, after the car has been out for 6 months in the US and even longer overseas, then they aren't going to fix it. Just wait and see, we will all get screwed on trade in because of this tranny issue.
Test your theory. Go to the dealer and tell them you are interested in trading it in on...say an MR. If they tell you there is a tranny problem, promptly tell them to fix it.
$0.02
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

My sister used to work in Norristown
Old Jul 28, 2008, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

pooor poor little X it needs a good owner...
Old Jul 28, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

dude first off the synchro issue in the evo x sucks but isn't uncommon or the worst. my srt-4 prior to trading would pop out of gear when shifting. how would you like it if your evo did this? i traded it and had no issue. all cars have issues. it isn't something to get your panties in a bunch about.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

repo'd and bought in an auction by mom and pops?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alexander
are you already planning on/forseeing trading the car in?
I love the car, don't get me wrong. But, if the 09 model comes out and it doesn't have the transmission issues that the 08s have, you're damn right this thing is getting traded in on a new one. Make no mistake, this issue is causing damage to the tranny I guarantee it. We have already seen one person who has had their entire transmission replaced because of it, another has had all their synchros replaced at only 1000 miles, and I talked to two dealers here in atlanta that have already replaced synchros in two different Xs. There are ways of shfting to avoid the crunch, but it's probably just delaying the inevitable.

Originally Posted by dek0026
dude first off the synchro issue in the evo x sucks but isn't uncommon or the worst. my srt-4 prior to trading would pop out of gear when shifting. how would you like it if your evo did this? i traded it and had no issue. all cars have issues. it isn't something to get your panties in a bunch about.
I used to look at like you do. I loved the car so much when I first got it that I overlooked the issue, and like I said above there are ways of shifting to avoid it but it's the principle of the matter and for 35 grand it's flat out unacceptable. I will be looking forward to seeing if this is resolved in the 09 models, and if not then I'll drive this thing until the tranny goes out and when it does, I'll trade it in on something that doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart everytime I shift gears.

I really hope that it doesn't come down to that because there's so much I love about this car but at the end of the day, as much as I would miss the EVO, build quality and reliability are the most important aspects of any car and performance means nothing if it falls apart and breaks, especially when it's not even being abused and it's just from normal use. That's unacceptable even by YUGO's standards, and for 35 grand... well I already said it.

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Jul 28, 2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

I love the car, don't get me wrong. But, if the 09 model comes out and it doesn't have the transmission issues that the 08s have, you're damn right this thing is getting traded in on a new one. Make no mistake, this issue is causing damage to the tranny I guarantee it. We have already seen one person who has had their entire transmission replaced because of it, another has had all their synchros replaced at only 1000 miles, and I talked to two dealers here in atlanta that have already replaced synchros in two different Xs. There are ways of shfting to avoid the crunch, but it's probably just delaying the inevitable.

I used to look at like you do. I loved the car so much when I first got it that I overlooked the issue, and like I said above there are ways of shifting to avoid it but it's the principle of the matter and for 35 grand it's flat out unacceptable. I will be looking forward to seeing if this is resolved in the 09 models, and if not then I'll drive this thing until the tranny goes out and when it does, I'll trade it in on something that doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart everytime I shift gears.

I really hope that it doesn't come down to that because there's so much I love about this car but at the end of the day, as much as I would miss the EVO, build quality and reliability are the most important aspects of any car and performance means nothing if it falls apart and breaks, especially when it's not even being abused and it's just from normal use. That's unacceptable even by YUGO's standards, and for 35 grand... well I already said it.
Man I remember when you did defend the x when you bought it. it's problems like this why I have not got the x yet. I got rid of my IX and is slowly regreting it. I love the x but all the problems already I'll hold off
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I mean don't take things the wrong way, I love the car. It just pains me to have the tranny be this way, and I mean really at the end of the day I don't let it take away from my enjoyment of the car but it's still frustrating. I just want it fixed and don't think that mitsu is going to do anything about it.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

When is shep going to have an upgrade for theses things already!? when he gets a longer 4th and 5th gear tranny setup and the notchyness worked out im Gettn one!
Old Jul 29, 2008, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

Wasn't Noize selling his OB X?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

as i mentioned before my old srt had major syncho issues. nothing even compared to the X. the tranny didn't die or burn up. when you drive the X as intended the synchro issues are virtually eliminated. when i drove my srt4 hard it wouldn't go into gear sometimes which makes you look like a total tool when you tear out in first and the malibu behind you has to brake and wait for you to get it into gear (total ricer move). it is when the X is cold and driving/shifting at low speed i get the grinding.