Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.
View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Evo X MR
80.28%
Lancer Ralliart Sedan
13.03%
Lancer Ralliart Sportback
6.69%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Evo X MR or Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2008 | 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

I guess Mitsu got the pricing right on these vehicles. Enough to create a new market share for the RA without stealing thunder the from the Evo's. I don't see Mitsu coming out with the 5-speed RA's unless the current SST's sell badly. I wonder if the taller 5th and 6th gears in the RA affect it's 1/4 time or trackability?
Old Aug 1, 2008 | 05:07 PM

evo x mr > any ralliart evo
Old Aug 1, 2008 | 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by si_to_evo
ralliart=26K
GSR MR=36K
GSR=30K

GSR FTW
Whats a GSR MR?
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

MR FTW...it's no contest!
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

You guys say the MR wins hands down, but why? The RA gets a detuned Evo engine this time mine you! Who's t say you couldn't swap in a couple Evo X parts and make the same power relatively easily? We need an updated list of all the parts that are different in the RA.

Last edited by silex; Aug 2, 2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silex
I'm posting this since there must be others like me who are considering moving from their VIII/IX into either one of these cars.

So I'm curious. If you guys had to choose between a Evo X MR or Ralliart which would you choose? This is strictly a comparison between TC-SST models. Would you strictly choose the RA just because you didn't want to spend the extra $10k? What if the tuner market later finds out that most, if not all, of the Evo X parts are swappable into the RA? And the icing on the cake... the TC-SST transmission ends up getting an upgradeable wet dual-clutch kit and/or the TCU ends up fully integrated into ECUFlash and is fully programmable. Or how about we dream big and hope that the Evo X MR's ECU/TCU can be swapped in!
Keep your ix. Rebuild it better every time it breaks.
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 08:23 PM
Account Disabled

Gsr
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Can't believe there is such a thread.
If someone dropped these 2 cars in front of me and told me to "choose".
hmmm.
The MR? or R/A?

ok.
;p

it just depends on what you wanna pay

Last edited by chino ali; Aug 2, 2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Added a current running list of differences between RA and Evo X MR. If I'm missing anything be sure to tell me so I can add it!
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Bluetooth and fast key are standard on the MR
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 09:35 PM

The Ralliart is a cool car and for the $ a great alternative to the Evo X. I wish that Mitsubishi had given the Ralliart the Evo body though. It looks too plain for me; and I even think the X body is less in your face than the IX which I really liked.
The components of the Ralliart are good though especially the TC-SST. But I wonder why Mitsubishi didn't offer a five speed manual as an option to save even more money-and weight.
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 09:37 PM
Account Disabled

to the OP you cant really ask on the EVO forums of coruse its going to come by as baised. and even if you went somwhere else you would get the same answer..

who would chose less power and less agressive looks if they had a choice?

your finances would be the only reason not to get an MR
Old Aug 3, 2008 | 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

It only makes less power until you "re-tune the de-tune" (say that 10 times fast) it back into the power level of Evo territory

Just thinking ahead here. With due time, it will happen. Evo X parts will be had pretty easily off these forums once people start upgrading to larger turbos.

Originally Posted by thrshr
Bluetooth and fast key are standard on the MR
Sorry, I re-read my post and realized why you mentioned this. I knew this, but I listed it out context in my list. I have since edited my OP to properly reflect this.

Last edited by silex; Aug 3, 2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2008 | 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Ralliart for DD /if you want to stick with the mitsu /or beginners in the tuner or racing scene.
Old Aug 3, 2008 | 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silex
It only makes less power until you "re-tune the de-tune" (say that 10 times fast) it back into the power level of Evo territory

Just thinking ahead here. With due time, it will happen. Evo X parts will be had pretty easily off these forums once people start upgrading to larger turbos.

Sorry, I re-read my post and realized why you mentioned this. I knew this, but I listed it out context in my list. I have since edited my OP to properly reflect this.
as we know mitsubishi, there will be more then just a smaller and single scroll turbo difference and the different intake system , smaller intercooler ,in the engine...

Then you got a lance wheelbase,basically lancer breaks/ only dif. is the 2 piston vs lancer one in the front break sys./
the lancer suspension/but little stiffer springs/ the suspension set up and the multi link rear is a same as a lancer,uses still stampings vs the evo forged aluminum.

the steering will be not as sharp , they say "looser" then the Evo. which means less feel for the road.

mitsubishi stating:
"Think of the Ralliart as an updated Lancer,not a detuned Evo."

Quick Reply: Evo X MR or Ralliart