Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.
View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Evo X MR
80.28%
Lancer Ralliart Sedan
13.03%
Lancer Ralliart Sportback
6.69%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Evo X MR or Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Evo! What's a lancer unless it's an Evo?
Old Aug 4, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by lovecolt
My call is the RA. With the amount of buyers for this coming RA, i can almost be sure that the aftermarket support for it will not be any less than the EVO. Also, i think without the AYC, it might be a good thing. To the purist, Evo X is too electronically controlled (GSR or MR), hence the RA drivetrain will be more satisfying to those purist. Just like how people regards the Evo 6.5 TME as the best evo ever.

The only problem i see in RA, is the skinny tyres and brakes. Chassis ragidity can be easily fixed with a few bracing without breaking your bank.

You guys in America are lucky to have those pricings. In Australia, the difference between a RA and a MR is like 30K AUD (or near 30 AUD since US dollar's almost 1:1 to us)
After being have driven over 1 and a half year each model /6-8-9/ i can say this , this is a totally false statement:
"To the purist, Evo X is too electronically controlled (GSR or MR), hence the RA drivetrain will be more satisfying to those purist. "

The X is just as fun to drive then any other evo.
The difference between them, how much money you spend on it.

Seems to me only tune and suspension + tire.... the X is a hard cookie to beat on track. And certainly you will be not even close with the same mods in the RA. I would say you would be destroyed by the X. But i'm sure you will see in the near future what i'm saying.

i forgot to mention where you come from the IX also have a S-AYC
And the TME is a best evo ever came out from factory, due the factory upgrades and the different tuned eco producing 330 hp
not be mistaken the VI wasn't like that. Fact the VII was even faster around a track./like the VI with no TME upgrades/

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 4, 2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Dude if you want an evo, buy an evo. Not a ralliart. They're not the same, and you're going to be just like all previous douches trying to make their regular lancer an evo.

But of course, you think your IX with a mail-in tune is worth $45k and is "too modified" with the 90% appearance mods on it. You would buy a Ralliart.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Why get the RA if you are going to spend all your time and money trying to turn it into an EVO? Just buy the EVO and be done with it. At least when you mod an EVO it's still an EVO. Mod an RA? ...it will never be an EVO.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

If it's a money thing, just get a leftover 2008 GSR for less than $30k. I wouldn't even compare a $27k RA to a $29k discounted GSR... deal with the 5 speed and get the EVO for free.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hibby
Money no object, MR all the way. Real life, Ralliart. ~$10,000 difference in vehicle price, insurance, and practicality, with enough performance to keep me entertained.
That pretty much sums it up! Of course, if you're going to upgrade the engine, suspension, and brakes of the RA to (try to) match the MR, like some are talking about, you may as well buy an MR and still have a warranty - and a real EVO! But stock vs. stock, that $10K is a huge difference. Or wait a few months for used MRs to show up for only a couple thousand more than a new RA, which will sticker for $30K w/destination and Recaro pkg.

BTW - I voted MR!
Old Sep 5, 2008, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
X MR if you have the money otherwise mazdaspeed 3 ftw.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Mr
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
X MR or X GSR...screw the ralliart
Old Sep 5, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're buying a Ralliart as a money pit to equal or better the Evo...save your money and just buy the Evo. After modifying the RA trying to obtain close to what the Evo is making stock, you've probably spent enough money to afford a base GSR.

So, if i'm reading this right...the RA chassis is the same reinforced chassis as the Evo? I kinda find that hard to believe. If anything it's probably the regular Lancer chassis without the extra bracing.

I can understand it if fiance wasn't there to afford an Evo. But buying a RA with the means to afford a Evo...what's the point? Especially when you go into it committed on modifying the hell out of the RA. Why not go with the best platform available and save a lot of money in the long run.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

mr
Old Sep 6, 2008, 11:22 PM

I would go for the Evo MR. Think about it, every time an Evo passes you on the fwy. You are like EVO !! . So saving 8000-10,000 is not as good as you think. But you really can't afford one, then go for lancer or RA.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 02:30 AM
Evolving Member

Evo X Mr All The Way!!
Old Sep 7, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

i'd pick the evo over the ralliart in a heartbeat.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Evo is a head turner. The RA isn't.

Quick Reply: Evo X MR or Ralliart