Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Is this a Good price??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Is this a Good price??

Ok, so I've been reading tons of info on this board for the past 4 weeks and I've decided to get the evo X. Because of Mitsu's policy, I sitll have not driven one, but I got my money ready and went down to Maywood Mitsui in NJ last night.

They were pretty good to deal with, as the sales manager brought over the invoice sheet and basically said he would do $150 over invoice. In the end we settled on $37 OTD (dealer fees, and tax included). This is for a 08 GSR PBM with SSS.

Now my question is, especially for those on the east coast....is this a decient deal? I know South Coast Mitsu has some sick prices and I've seen other members post that they got a similar car with aero and navi for what I'm quoted. Should I bother going through SC and having it shipped? I'm thinking in the end it would save only about 1K or is it more like 2-3K?

I was going to get the check and pick up the car tomorrow...but if I can save like another 2-3K I may reconsider.

Thanks fo much for your advice.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Thats about 3k cheaper than what I got mine for in Va(tax and all incl.). Sounds great to me.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:37 AM

That's a really good price, and that is to be expected when dealing with Maywood Mitsu. I was going to go there to buy my X but the salesman I wanted to deal with was out on vacation, so I purchased mine from Rt. 46 Mitsubishi.

Just a question, who are you dealing with, Michael Ko, the cool Asian guy?

Oh, and go for it, get that X!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
BTW: it's not mitsu's policy re: test drives.

That is a dealer policy.

Some of the dealers here let you test drive the Evo (even an MR if you want). And not a dainty 20 mph drive around the block either.

In any case, that seems like a good deal. Add $1-1.5k if you're shipping from SC to the east coast.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

You need to go do the math.

1) Write down the OTD price at the local dealer.
2) Call South coast, get the price of the car plus all fees (my fees were less than $80 at South Coast). Call DAS and get a shipping quote, Sam at South Coast was willing to deliver to the DAS terminal for free. Figure out what taxes and registration fees you will pay to register a new car from out of state in NJ. This will also require some effort on your part to actually look up the information. Add all the numbers together.
3) Subtract dollar value in 2 from dollar value in 1. This is either the savings or the additional.

Nobody on this website will be able to tell you if you can save money. You need to add up the costs on your own.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was hoping to get an Evo X GSR w/ SSS, Navi, and Interior Sport Package for $37k out the door. I guess that's not going to happen given the fact that you were quoted $37 for just SSS...
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the quick reply guys! I didn't see an asian guy working there when I went. I'm dealing with an older guy Joffery and an younger spanish looking sales manager. They were both really nice and didn't try to BS with numbers and try to tell me how the evoX is the greatest car in the world.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by macPSU
I was hoping to get an Evo X GSR w/ SSS, Navi, and Interior Sport Package for $37k out the door. I guess that's not going to happen given the fact that you were quoted $37 for just SSS...

Yea I was hoping for around 35K out the door. From what I estimated, I can do that from SC (cali price + NJ tax) ...but then you tack on about 1100 for shipping across the country and shipping insurance.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

well, what is the TTL total? I'd tell you $150 over invoice is a good deal-as long as you feel like its a good deal. I've sold cars to people for $5k over window and they feel good, and felt like they got a "good deal". Sounds like you're sold-pick it up!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:57 AM

$37 is high for a GSR w/ SSS. That's $2000 over MSRP. My original quote was $35620. Got them down to $33xxx. My advice would be to try a couple Mitsu dealerships and don't pay over MSRP.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by b1g4l
$37 is high for a GSR w/ SSS. That's $2000 over MSRP. My original quote was $35620. Got them down to $33xxx. My advice would be to try a couple Mitsu dealerships and don't pay over MSRP.
You got the car out the door for $33,xxx? Including taxes & title fees?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

its 37 including tax and such
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Violat0rX
Yea I was hoping for around 35K out the door. From what I estimated, I can do that from SC (cali price + NJ tax) ...but then you tack on about 1100 for shipping across the country and shipping insurance.
Did you call a shipping company? Shipping DAS on my GSR was $775 from CA to NC, terminal to terminal, including insurance.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Violat0rX
You got the car out the door for $33,xxx? Including taxes & title fees?
Yes, but it did require extra work on my part. I went to 4 different dealerships and kept taking their quote back to the other dealerships. I just said, "Can you beat this?". Did this for about two cycles - meaning I talked to each dealership twice - each time with a little lower quote. I did this over the course of a month. You'd be surprised how many calls you start getting towards the end of the month from dealerships needing to sell "one more car".
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:13 AM

Yes, but it did require extra work on my part. I went to 4 different dealerships and kept taking their quote back to the other dealerships. I just said, "Can you beat this?". I did this over the course of a month. You'd be surprised how many calls you start getting towards the end of the month from dealerships needing to sell "one more car".
ok, nice work.

evostang: I didn't call DAS I used their website for an estimate.

Quick Reply: Is this a Good price??