Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Aluminum Door Sills by Evo-R

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2008, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aluminum Door Sills by Evo-R

Has anyone purchased the Aluminum Door Sills by Evo-R? They are located on the website www.evoxtuning.com. It's tough to tell from their picture how they'd look on the car. The car's door sills look bare without anything and I can see how they all get banged up.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 01:58 PM

They look pretty good, my car comes with these stock and i cant imagine how it would look otherwise...
Old Aug 12, 2008, 03:02 PM

What year do you have? The X just looks bare with no door sills.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

I don't have any either. These look like nice pieces.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2kvette
What year do you have? The X just looks bare with no door sills.
Don't have an Evo, I have an S2000 and all years come with the door sill covers

some years look a lot better than others though. Lots of owners have theirs covered in Alcantara and it looks pretty good
Old Aug 18, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by honeybadger
Don't have an Evo, I have an S2000 and all years come with the door sill covers

some years look a lot better than others though. Lots of owners have theirs covered in Alcantara and it looks pretty good

What was the point of this post? Especially in the Evo X General forum. Last I checked this wasn't s2ki.com.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2kvette
Has anyone purchased the Aluminum Door Sills by Evo-R? They are located on the website www.evoxtuning.com. It's tough to tell from their picture how they'd look on the car. The car's door sills look bare without anything and I can see how they all get banged up.
Only concern I would have with the door sills are the fonts used. Isn't that the same font on prior gen Evo's (8/9). They couldn't take the time to match the X fonts?

Another issue is the amount they charge for shipping. Come on...does it cost $22 for shipping/handling on an item that weighs probably less than 3-5 lbs?
Old Aug 18, 2008, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shyong
What was the point of this post? Especially in the Evo X General forum. Last I checked this wasn't s2ki.com.
Just cuz the OP cant read doesnt mean its "honeybadger"s fault for posting. He was simply stating he likes the look of the aluminum door sills, as his car has them stock.

I assume shipping is high due to the length of the piece, not weight.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sikrsix
Just cuz the OP cant read doesnt mean its "honeybadger"s fault for posting. He was simply stating he likes the look of the aluminum door sills, as his car has them stock.

I assume shipping is high due to the length of the piece, not weight.

I highly doubt the length of the door sills justify those high shipping costs. Did you see the carbon pieces on the site as well? The small front dash piece has a shipping price of $22. Now don't tell me the length on that also justifies the high shipping cost.

And what are you talking about? The OP can't read? Your reasoning makes no sense at all. I think I read the original post just fine...OP stated we don't have door sills on our Evo X thus we'll end up scratching our door sill. And Mr. honeybadger stated he has some on his car...OP asks what year Evo did he have. Come to find out he's talking about a different car all together. wtf

What year R6? Kinda hard to tell from your avatar. Looks like the first generation R6.

Last edited by shyong; Aug 18, 2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't even check the site, but it could be worse. Like Ebay shipping prices. -- Door sills = $15 --- Shipping = $149.99! haha

Last edited by sikrsix; Aug 20, 2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 09:28 AM

My X MR has aluminum door sill trim, but only on the front doors. I had to look at the back doors to see -- I hadn't noticed before!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:19 AM

The logo/font on these look way diffrent than anything else on my car. Makes it look very fake...
Old Aug 19, 2008, 06:33 PM

Well....... I hope they don't look too bad because I pulled the trigger and they should arrive anyday. I did a search and couldn't find any other company that sold them. I will post when I receive them.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by billf2
My X MR has aluminum door sill trim, but only on the front doors. I had to look at the back doors to see -- I hadn't noticed before!
Who cares about the guys in the back seat?

Seriously the MR sills look good. I might get some for my GSR.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shyong
And what are you talking about? The OP can't read? Your reasoning makes no sense at all. I think I read the original post just fine...OP stated we don't have door sills on our Evo X thus we'll end up scratching our door sill. And Mr. honeybadger stated he has some on his car...OP asks what year Evo did he have. Come to find out he's talking about a different car all together. wtf

What year R6? Kinda hard to tell from your avatar. Looks like the first generation R6.
Under the car you drive it says S2k. As soon as I read "his car" came with them, I looked to see what "his car" was. If the OP would've looked 2 inches to the left he would've known. Not everyone here drives an evo, i guess its just me, but I always look at that section before I ask questions relating to someone's car. (Diff year, model, trim, etc.)

2000 R6 fully polished/chrome and custom painted, no graphics. All paint. Id post a pic but dont wanna hijack.

Last edited by sikrsix; Aug 20, 2008 at 01:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Aluminum Door Sills by Evo-R