Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

USDM vs. JDM parts,,, What do YOU think is better???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mullen
Wow! Noway Ur Car Must Be Jacked Bc Ive Had Mine For 66 Months N Im In Maine N Ive Never Ever Scraped On Anything Even Innthe Snow
your car is evo VIII and his car is evo X.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by J5isalive2
Everyone is fine with people posting positive reviews on products as soon as someone says one thing negative, people jump on the bandwagon and think i should alert the manufacturer. Sorry but people need to hear the good with the bad.... I'm not afraid to spend 1000 bucks and then say "hmm...its not what i expected" just cause something is expensive doesn't mean its always gonna be perfect. I can live with the exhaust...i'm just sharing something I feel was overlooked in its design.

John
That's not the issue. The issue is the 'ill informed' posting blanket statements characterizing all things Japanese are better then American. Sorry, I like Japanese parts to but the BS scale goes off the meter with ignorant and childish posts like this.
If there is a problem with the exhaust then by all means it should be discussed and the manufacturer notified. This is exactly what I did when my GREDDY exhaust required extensive modification to fit properly. Does this mean all GREDDY products are worse then comparable American made products? Of course not.

Hmm.. Noize may need to clean this thread up a bit.

Last edited by eddie; Aug 13, 2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 05:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Steve@NrgTech
I'm sorry but North America (besides PR) puts out the fastest imports in the world. We also make the best parts including shops like, but not limited or in any order, BUSCHUR, AMS, FULL RACE, AFI, ETS, Forced Performance etc... JDM companies do make nice products, that fit very well, but to sit here and speak of them as kind is kind of foolish.

-Most JDM exhausts are NOT full 3" or do NOT have 3" mufflers
-The HKS Hi Power exhaust for example is MILD STEEL and rusts
-Jdm evo turbo kits are nothing to make a big deal about. The best JDM kits wouldnt hold a candle to the FP red, which is a stock FRAME turbo!!!!
-Intercooler kits??? Tube and fin??? put that up against Buschur's race core and see what happened
-Cams??? JUN is the only company to speak of, what about GSC, Buschur, Cosworth (from Europe but still NOT JDM)
-Computers??? not necessarily USDM, but Motec and Hydra are 2 of the best. AEM is obviously a USDM company. Show me some 1000+hp evos on power FC

-Steve
LOL, biggest load of crap I've ever read
Old Aug 13, 2008, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

OMFG!!!! I cannot believe what I am seeing here... Do my eyes deceive me??? DIET COKE WITH LIME *****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tomatoEVO
LOL, biggest load of crap I've ever read
How is ANYTHING I posted a load of crap?? You call my post a load of crap and have nothing to respond with??? You obviously do not know much at all about these cars and considering I've owned 5 of them and 3 dsms before those, I might just have half a clue more then you. I dont want to seem offensive, but dont call my post a load of crap after making such a dumb statement about JDM this and JDM that being the best. Everything I posted is 100% true. I guess I did forget to mention that the same software YOUR car was flashed with is NOT from Japan either. You must be one of the JDM ricers I guess. Thats why you took the time to put it in your sig that your strut bar is "JDM"
Old Aug 13, 2008, 06:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Steve@NrgTech
How is ANYTHING I posted a load of crap?? You call my post a load of crap and have nothing to respond with??? You obviously do not know much at all about these cars and considering I've owned 5 of them and 3 dsms before those, I might just have half a clue more then you. I dont want to seem offensive, but dont call my post a load of crap after making such a dumb statement about JDM this and JDM that being the best. Everything I posted is 100% true. I guess I did forget to mention that the same software YOUR car was flashed with is NOT from Japan either. You must be one of the JDM ricers I guess. Thats why you took the time to put it in your sig that your strut bar is "JDM"
it's comical. number one, i know damn well what country ecutek is out of. i never said each and every japanese product is superior to any other country. but to sit here and say the stuff made in america is nicer than in japan? give me a friggin break. show me an intake with the craftsmanship and functionality of the gruppe-m system. show me proof that any american evo x will take the JUN. show me a better designed exhaust than the amuse. show me suspension parts better than cusco.

you name one hks exhaust and you think that's the end all be all? to say that all japanese companies care more about looks than performance, lol come on... you cannot be serious. talk about sweeping generalizations. again, not all jdm parts are superior.

you mad that i put jdm next to parts in my sig? sounds like a personal problem to me. and for the record, i am no ricer.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Hey to that guy that is fighting over JDM, first of all he bought an USDM EVO spec car....

If your so JDM go buy a JDM Evo X from japan and dont buy the one in the states which is NOT JDM ... if your going to start this load of crap about american companies not being able to do **** to these cars.... think again buddie you must be loaded w/ MONEY cause your able to buy all these JDM goodies for your evo...

so your loaded w/ money, to get on the JDM list you FIRST start off by BUYING THE EVO X IN JAPAN TRULLY JDM BUDDIE....
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you heard how the JDM pieces sound on the evo X..lol..worms screw louder than those things. Its not that much of a difference over stock. Plus they aren't true, 3in all the way back. Honestly AMS, Buschur, ETS, and even Ultimate Racing have done a much better job with their systems. Japan has very strict pollution laws, so there whole method of tuning is completely different. I'm not knocking HKS and GReddy....but no joke when it comes to the exhaust, they got kicked square in the nuts by the US market..
Old Aug 14, 2008, 05:49 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ImsoevoX
Have you heard how the JDM pieces sound on the evo X..lol..worms screw louder than those things. Its not that much of a difference over stock. Plus they aren't true, 3in all the way back. Honestly AMS, Buschur, ETS, and even Ultimate Racing have done a much better job with their systems. Japan has very strict pollution laws, so there whole method of tuning is completely different. I'm not knocking HKS and GReddy....but no joke when it comes to the exhaust, they got kicked square in the nuts by the US market..
a lot of the better pieces haven't been in the spotlight yet, only the hks legamax and greddy ti-c. the arc, amuse, and hks (i read it's coming soon) haven't even been bought by anyone here yet. i'll be sure to post vids and a dyno when i get the amuse r1
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

USDM vs. JDM parts,,, What do YOU think is better???

WOW I cant get over the ignorance of this JDM is KING BS

Last edited by StevenStarke; Aug 14, 2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

It's all about prices, I don't cheap out as I want something good, but JDM can just be so damn much.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

JDM parts are a dead trend IMO. Only the local riceboys and HIN attendees really care.

People out to make power and actually drive the car wont waste time on those parts because you can get the same performance for far cheaper.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

If i lived in japan i would get them, but since i live in the US I'll buy from the US.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor

Most of my leds come from china, but I custom fit them or redesign them to the certain applications.

So I guess I am part jdm and part usdm. In the end both are good, but I am better.

Conundrem?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^

Quick Reply: USDM vs. JDM parts,,, What do YOU think is better???