Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

USDM vs. JDM parts,,, What do YOU think is better???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CAD EVO
I dont understand your argument now, people are less willing / less able to pay for american "Fastest Car Building" products, and yet its common knowledge that JDM parts cost more?

Its quite rediculous also that you assume NO american made part can match the quality of a JDM part. Have you ever seen a Titan piece, probably not, but because its not JDM it obviously of a lesser quality.

JDM fan boys.
+1
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

This is all just a what and why and how and who.... that made no sense, what im trying to say is . JDM or USDM everybody has there opinion and there choise on whatever they want to spend there money on...
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

I dont understand your argument now, people are less willing / less able to pay for american "Fastest Car Building" products, and yet its common knowledge that JDM parts cost more?
Japanese parts that I have used, I never felt that "it was expensive" for the quality and reliability that i get from it. But US products, I never bought one, nor used one, so really doesnt know.
My argument is simple.

JDM parts = $$$$$$$$$$$$, 23982394823days invested and easy public access.
USDM parts = $$$$$, 197548days invested and easy public access.
That's for the exhausts similar to the original OP's which I would call "products for public"
Now,
JDM Parts used in Excessive Racing cars = $$$$$$$$$, 124124124days, hard to come by for public
USDM Parts used in Excessive Racing cars = $$$$$$$$$, 124124124days, hard to come by for public

Two differt types of products, and the prices are business strategies. I hope you are not a business major.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kim.ry
Japanese parts that I have used, I never felt that "it was expensive" for the quality and reliability that i get from it. But US products, I never bought one, nor used one, so really doesnt know.
My argument is simple.

That's for the exhausts similar to the original OP's which I would call "products for public"
Now,
JDM Parts used in Excessive Racing cars = $$$$$$$$$, 124124124days, hard to come by for public
USDM Parts used in Excessive Racing cars = $$$$$$$$$, 124124124days, hard to come by for public

Two differt types of products, and the prices are business strategies. I hope you are not a business major.
I hope your major doesnt revolve around facts, because you obviously dont have any. Seriously, dont ever write a term paper, it would be filled with the most absurd information case in point "124124124days"

And yet you have never bought an american product, but you know the quality is of a lesser grade?
And yet I own parts from both countries so I can actually provide a real review, while you just post fan boi facts like your obviously "pulled out of your ***" R&D times.

USDM PARTS = 10000232323223 times better
JDM PARTS = another crazy random number

Last edited by CAD EVO; Aug 14, 2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Its quite rediculous also that you assume NO american made part can match the quality of a JDM part. Have you ever seen a Titan piece, probably not, but because its not JDM it obviously of a lesser quality.

There is no nationalism driving my thoughts, I can actually admit that many JDM parts are very popular and of a very high quality. However, that same build quality can be reproduced in any country, not just Japan.

JDM fan boys.
Please point out where i said USDM parts<JDM parts.
BTW, I def see some nationalism driving you.
I'm not a big fan of Japan, nor JDM, just stating some facts and my thoughts.
Account Disabled

JDM- I will agree the exhausts look better on the car especially the evo for that matter. Greddy, HKS, Trust all have very presentable looks.

USDM- For performance, IMHO this is the way to go. Buschur puts up big numbers and just as David says "I haven't built one evo, I've built hundreds"
Evolving Member

My argument is simple.

Now,

You need to invest in a course of study that teaches communication. It would be way $$$$$$$$$$$$ well spent and 1218937459872 benefits for your future.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Please point out where i said USDM parts<JDM parts.
BTW, I def see some nationalism driving you.
I'm not a big fan of Japan, nor JDM, just stating some facts and my thoughts.

WHAT FACTS!!!! seriously show me one solid fact you have shown

ok I got it, Opinion = Fact , you have given me that one atleast.

Heres a good one also

Nationalism? ok KIM.ry... hmm I wonder why your such a JDM fan boi

Last edited by CAD EVO; Aug 14, 2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

I hope your major doesnt revolve around facts, because you obviously dont have any. Seriously, dont ever write a term paper, it would be filled with the most absurd information case in point "124124124days"

And yet you have never bought an american product, but you know the quality is of a lesser grade?And yet I own parts from both countries so I can actually provide a real review, while you just post fan boi facts like your obviously "pulled out of your ***" R&D times.
Please, didnt this thread started because of someone with an experience with his exhaust? I am just throwing my thoughts out there. why you getting all pissed off for? Please calm down. Jeez, you AMERICANS are so angry all the time
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evostang
You need to invest in a course of study that teaches communication. It would be way $$$$$$$$$$$$ well spent and 1218937459872 benefits for your future.
Thank you for your concern, sir. Sorry, I think I am too young to try that yet. My family has enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for my 12312512512512512days of my future.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:09 PM

My argument is simple.

Now,

I hope you are not a business major as well..

See here is the major problem with all our arguments...

We are comparing HKS to say Titan...HKS has been around for a billion years...Not fair.

To be fair we should be comparing HKS to Holley/Edlebrock as a company and distribution.

Greddy,HKS,Blitz business wise, is more like Mr. Gasket, Holley, Edlebrock, etc...These are the more "commodity" type of performance vendors.

They may not make the "best", but more accessible and probably the cheapest.

If you want to compare JUN to something in the US, it better be something Like Shelby, Roush, or Saleen.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

alright, ill just shut up. back to TOPIC!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

alright, ill just shut up. back to TOPIC!
This is the topic, look at the title

Dude im not the least bit angry, I just think your making ignorant comments with no justification.

Btw im not even american, which makes my opinion even less biased

You act so sure of yourself and so calm and collective telling me to calm down. Look at the thread title, this is the place to discuss cool guy. Yet if anyone took 5 min to read the immense amount of BS you wrote they would see how you contradict yourself constantly, and take opinion for fact. you lose

Could you explain your contradictions, No because you don't bother to read what you type.

Last edited by CAD EVO; Aug 14, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=500hpOnPumpEvo;6010290]I hope you are not a business major as well..

QUOTE]

I am not, thank GOD

I think my lack of communication skills brought this drama to the thread, but what I wanted to say was;

Jdm parts are not that expensive, (ok maybe little more than USDM, IDK that)
their quality is well-known, they are bigger companies.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

This is the topic, look at the title

Dude im not the least bit angry, I just think your making ignorant comments with no justification.

Btw im not even american, which makes my opinion even less biased
lets not fck this thread up, u got problems with me, just pm me. I just posted that ill stfu, didnt i?

Quick Reply: USDM vs. JDM parts,,, What do YOU think is better???