Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

USDM vs. JDM parts,,, What do YOU think is better???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
again we have Steve talking out his a$$ again. I told you to find me an intake with better functionality and craftsmanship. you gave me the exact opposite. The carbon fiber is super lightweight and sucks air through the grille, away from heat in the engine bay. Craftsmanship, no a simple pipe and filter is not the answer. Next. The statement that top us products are better than japan. Again, give me some examples. The amuse is made of full titanium and features two full mufflers yet the system weighs what... 10 lbs.? Tons of weight savings, and fact : amuse exhausts are king of craftsmanship. And like speed element said, those suspension companies you named? Pretty much jdm. Nice try though
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

tomato.. What's wrong with the AEM intake? id argue its just as good if not better than those [JDM] brands you jock so hard.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:32 PM
Account Disabled

haven't looked at the aem for the evo. The aem intakes I had on my previous si and del sol didn't impress me. Again, I've had usdm parts a plenty
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tomatoEVO
again we have Steve talking out his a$$ again. I told you to find me an intake with better functionality and craftsmanship. you gave me the exact opposite. The carbon fiber is super lightweight and sucks air through the grille, away from heat in the engine bay. Craftsmanship, no a simple pipe and filter is not the answer. Next. The statement that top us products are better than japan. Again, give me some examples. The amuse is made of full titanium and features two full mufflers yet the system weighs what... 10 lbs.? Tons of weight savings, and fact : amuse exhausts are king of craftsmanship. And like speed element said, those suspension companies you named? Pretty much jdm. Nice try though
Seems to me that you are equating the appearance of performance with actual performance.

Have you seen a single dyno plot for the Gruppe M intake or the Amuse exhaust??

You may have a huge fat wallet and can afford to spend 1,700 for an intake. I'm just fine spending 300 and getting the same gains. Same goes for an exhaust. The Amuse has more tight bends than the popular us or Canadian made units, true that does not always equal more power but in many cases it does.

If you want to talk about aesthetics, I will certainly agree with you on some of the products like the carbon intake or the titanium exhaust. If you want to talk about a better product... bring some dyno sheets dog
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most of the dyno sheets are available but anyone can hype up their **** to sell their ****?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Gruppe-M stuff is expensive because they work and they are all hand made. Ask the Porsche and NSX guys.. but then again, if its not an EVO.. you guys probably think its waste of time to ask or their #s are not accurate rite?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Oh btw, I have some awesome dyno sheets to prove that HKS Kansai CF air box and HKS RS intake kit combo work hella good on bolt-on turbo.. but will you guy buy these parts from me if I post up the dyno sheets? The answer is probably NO.

This is buyers market. Its your prerogative to buy whatever you want to buy

All in all this thread sucks like I've said it before. And I don't see Noize's point of posting this thread using my friend's username - RuckerPark. Seriously, if you want to start a war on the forum, I don't think you deserved to be a moderator. No hard feelings, just telling it like how it is.

Last edited by Speed Element; Aug 14, 2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

never said that ^

Just said I have not seen a single dyno sheet for either product.

In my opinion, aesthetics is second to performance. hp/dollar + aesthetics defines the "best" product. Clearly others disagree and thats fine. Like you said, it's a buyers market and people are free to spend money wherever they choose.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Well, Some people do mod their cars w/ aesthetics in mind first and performance second

But we can all agree to disagree

I am neutral..
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:51 PM

I didn't read all the posts so I may be redundant. But there's no reason to write off tuners/manufacturers of any kind just because they aren't from the same country as the cars being made. I can think of a few US shops (for lack of better word) right off the top of my head that made quality products: Kartboy, AMS, ETS... etc. Although the aesthetic aspect of the products may turn a few heads sideways. And we all know how great Tein springs from Japan are. Then there's Rexpeed, whose stuffs originate from neither and the products are good. So the bottom line is it's your money and you want feel good about your purchase. So whatever will it be is up to you.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

I didnt say JDM parts DONT work, just saying that I do not think that are superior to American made products. Until recently, the HKS Kansai intake manifold was the best thing for the car and its been out for like 4-5 years already

Last edited by StevenStarke; Aug 14, 2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:21 PM

USDM is better for the simple fact we have 1 more character in our acronym than JDM so THERE! Try and argue that point!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:32 PM
Former Sponsor

People will buy parts regardless where they come from, as long as they perform.

Mod and admin please lock this thread. This thread is pointless from the get go.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:40 PM

haha, funniest thread ever.

usdm vs jdm is such a dumb arguement. generally speaking i'd say japanese parts are more efficient than usdm, but only marginally so. however for that 5% gain in performance, you pay 200% of the cost. but hey it's your dollar so buy what makes you happy.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:59 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
never said that ^

Just said I have not seen a single dyno sheet for either product.

In my opinion, aesthetics is second to performance. hp/dollar + aesthetics defines the "best" product. Clearly others disagree and thats fine. Like you said, it's a buyers market and people are free to spend money wherever they choose.
Seems to me that you are equating the appearance of performance with actual performance.

Have you seen a single dyno plot for the Gruppe M intake or the Amuse exhaust??

You may have a huge fat wallet and can afford to spend 1,700 for an intake. I'm just fine spending 300 and getting the same gains. Same goes for an exhaust. The Amuse has more tight bends than the popular us or Canadian made units, true that does not always equal more power but in many cases it does.
why don't you 'look' for a dyno sheet then. gruppe m has one on their website. btw, i own the product if you didn't already know, and can attest that it's a work of art. as dtm's owner said, it's the kind of product you can't get on these shores. the functionality and craftsmanship are on another level.

most of these people have never seen these products, as speed element said. a 'simple pipe and filter' does NOT match the efficiency and quality of the gruppe m carbon intake.

Last edited by tomatoEVO; Aug 14, 2008 at 04:02 PM.

Quick Reply: USDM vs. JDM parts,,, What do YOU think is better???