Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

USDM vs. JDM parts,,, What do YOU think is better???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 01:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve@NrgTech
I'm curious to know who thinks USDM or JDM parts are better for their car and Why. Please discuss.
damn.. that sucks..

And this is why I only buy Japanese brand exhaust systems such as Greddy/Trust, HKS, Tanabe, Apex'i, or Blitz

Last edited by Noize; Aug 14, 2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 02:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^......
Old Aug 13, 2008, 06:13 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RuckerPark
damn.. that sucks..

And this is why I only buy Japanese brand exhaust systems such as Greddy/Trust, HKS, Tanabe, Apex'i, or Blitz
same. japanese exhausts look better, sound better, and give better performance gains. not to mention jdm is the way it's supposed to be done.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

wah wah wah...
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Ams > *
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tomatoEVO
same. japanese exhausts look better, sound better, and give better performance gains. not to mention jdm is the way it's supposed to be done.
oh god, go take a cold shower before typing this kind of verbal diarrhea. I've had many ill-fitting parts on my cars over the years and many were from the land of the rising sun.
Not to mention that most of the Japanese companies mentioned above have many of their parts built in other countries.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RuckerPark
damn.. that sucks..

Bah!

Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91
^......
Double Bah!!

Originally Posted by tomatoEVO
Triple Baaahhh!!!

You guys and your sweeping generalizations...

To the OP, Take some pics of your exhaust..Send them to Buschur...Have him verify that installation is correct.
BTW, Did you contact them before starting this thread to tell them what your experiencing. Or, Did you start a thread complaining without giving the vendor any chance to make the situation right before spewing off about it?

Last edited by zbomb; Aug 13, 2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:42 AM

I can see why the OP is having problems with the Burshur exhaust. Its an american made exhaust on a Japanese car. duhhhhhh Get real. All you lil kids supporting these companies here in the states because they are good tuners doesnt mean that their product is all that great. They get the horsepower by tuning the hell out of the car. Nothing is really what is seems so HKS, GReddy, Trust, and whatever other japanese exhaust all the way...hahahah let the flaming begin
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XxXtremeEvoX
I can see why the OP is having problems with the Burshur exhaust. Its an american made exhaust on a Japanese car. duhhhhhh Get real. All you lil kids supporting these companies here in the states because they are good tuners doesnt mean that their product is all that great. They get the horsepower by tuning the hell out of the car. Nothing is really what is seems so HKS, GReddy, Trust, and whatever other japanese exhaust all the way...hahahah let the flaming begin
How'd you get out from under the bridge?

Get real, tons of imports running american made parts have made huge accomplishments in motorsports.

Majority of the fastest evos in the world are built by american companies with american made parts (AMS, Buschur, ETS, Turbo Trixx)

Last edited by CAD EVO; Aug 13, 2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

And your judging that off what? You need to do a little reading before you go and say something else as stupid as what you said above. Both sides of the world make good products, But to say a blanket statement like above is ignorant...You my friend need to get a clue.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by zbomb
And your judging that off what? You need to do a little reading before you go and say something else as stupid as what you said above. Both sides of the world make good products, But to say a blanket statement like above is ignorant...You my friend need to get a clue.
like i said let the flaming begin. and whatever, the mock ups of all these companies here in the states...excuse me let me clarify that...tuning companies, not exhaust companies, doing mock ups on the car, not using mandrel bends like they should, and selling their product mass produced would cause a situation like this. I have never heard of anyone having fitment issues with GReddy or HKS. So, do you really want to argue about american made products on a Japanese car, then lets go. You did not provide any other logic or real argument concerning my statement, so you get a FAIL
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

WOW....come on guys...this isn't a thread to argue about who makes a better product... I am telling you of one issue I am having with my exhaust....
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

not using mandrel bends like they should
The exhaust in question has mandrel bends.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:23 PM
Account Disabled

like i said let the flaming begin. and whatever, the mock ups of all these companies here in the states...excuse me let me clarify that...tuning companies, not exhaust companies, doing mock ups on the car, not using mandrel bends like they should, and selling their product mass produced would cause a situation like this. I have never heard of anyone having fitment issues with GReddy or HKS. So, do you really want to argue about american made products on a Japanese car, then lets go. You did not provide any other logic or real argument concerning my statement, so you get a FAIL
lol dude, these guys won't get it. you'd think mitsu was an american company the way some people mod their cars. whatever the case, most of the import owners i know share the same sentiments as you and i.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

If you research a little bit several of the HKS exhausts have fitment issues on Japanese cars; case and point 350z, you can find it on the forums and I've seen it first hand on my buddies Z.

Also if you further research you'd realize that most of the American companies making exhausts that have been mentioned in this thread USE MANDREL BENDS. If you are trying to justify using JDM parts because they perform better 100% of the time simply put you are wrong.

Most people buy the JDM parts for the bling factor or just because they like the look of it, in fact I'd go so far as to say that in general especially with regards to the Evo X that the American companies all make more power on their catbacks than the Japanese companies as well as offering their consumers a true catback and not a axle back like HKS has...

Edit: Also to note if you knew anything about the American companies exhausts...you'd know they are not mass produced they are all hand welded and built to order in most cases.

Last edited by SilverEvoX; Aug 13, 2008 at 12:35 PM.

Quick Reply: USDM vs. JDM parts,,, What do YOU think is better???