Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Seat help!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2008 | 01:23 PM
Account Disabled

what does the airbag indicator actually do? theoretically what if i got seats and just left the light on..would that have an effect on if i got in a wreck with it deploying?
Old Oct 14, 2008 | 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Well Mitsubishi dealer i went to said they didnt know and supposedly they called Mitsubishi *(main service line or whatever) and they didnt know either (smells fishy).

if you were to replace it with aftermarket seats with no airbags then the passenger air bag would not deploy for sure! because the OCM under the passenger seat controls the passenger air bags. Now the driver side air bag I am not sure, I think thats controlled by the seatbelt sensor, it should always go off..

The OCM is the occupant control module and it conjunction with the weight sensors it determines whether the weight of the passenger is above 66lbs if so then the passenger airbags are on if not then they are off. If there is no OCM the passenger airbags will always be off.

From reading the manuals thats what I know, from talking to mitsubishi they would probably say
Old Jan 14, 2009 | 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by lancer0220
... its the OCM vin number). then i asked where is the OCM, both you and your tech said its in the seat right? "yes", i told her she was wrong and that the ocm is actually under the seat and is a removable replaceable part, meaning at some pt it will break and will need to be replaced ...
Does this mean you could remove the OCM from the OEM seat you want to put in, and replace it with the OCM from the original seat that was in there, so as not to have to go to the dealer for the reprogram?

Thanks

Last edited by tazio; Jan 14, 2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: mistake in text
Old Apr 16, 2009 | 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

i do that but nothing if you disconnect the seat the values for the weight sensor gone then the ocm on the seat has the VIN from the car they came so need to be reset and re enter the new VIN of your car.

Also the driver seat the buckle is not compatible wit the lancer GTS 08 in my case you need to remove the buckle from your seat to not get the error ***OPEN CIRCUIT*** because the evo x has 2 pins on the connector and the 2008 GTS in my case has 4 pins are the same connector but the evo has just 2 pins.
Old Dec 19, 2019 | 07:26 PM

Solved Airbag light with OCM Module

Alright boys hope this helped.
I bought a 2017 Lancer from the auction with airbags deployed within the vehicle. The one airbag got deployed on the driver side seat, so i got a used seat from a parts car.

1. I deleted crash data from SRS Module
2. i Put used seat into the lancer and took the old one where the airbag deployed away
3. Airbag light still on with code showing (DTC in OCM MODULE)
4. Went to a friends place with a $4,000 Snap on Scanner he was able to read the OCM Module via OBD2 Port ( Module is located under passenger seat)
5. Scanner showed a few codes in the module so he had the option to Calibrate the module which the snap on scanner shows step by step but in short, you got to add 60lb of weight onto the passenger seat and then take it back off
6. after the procedure he deleted all the codes once again and nothing came back up again
7. FIXED!
8. Went inside my house
9. Had supper
10. went downstairs
11. played battlefield 1 on xbox
12. lost all 3 rounds
13. off to bed
14. g night