Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dyno Day for the X

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno Day for the X

Team Ultraspeed and All Aspects held a Dyno day today and i was able to find time to get my X on the Dyno, again.

The first pulls were made bone stock, 243 whp and 270 wtq. Well, I picked up some HP thanks to Frank at XtremeBoost.

Hks Drop in filter and Cobb inlet

AMS MBC

gutted stock cat

custom HKS Carbon Ti single exit exhaust

Xtremeboost full FMIC

I wanted more but i guess with no tune this isnt bad. The wtq is not a whoel lot more then stock but the curve is much broader. I am happy with that.

Boost spiked 26spi and held at 24psi to redline.

how do you think I compare to everyone else?

added some pictures

Last edited by meat_EVO; Aug 31, 2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
How did you manage to hold 24 PSI to redline? Before the mods it looks like the boost does 24 from 3500-4200 then trickles down to below 20 PSI at redline.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
How did you manage to hold 24 PSI to redline? Before the mods it looks like the boost does 24 from 3500-4200 then trickles down to below 20 PSI at redline.
manual boost controller and tightened the wastegate ac 1 turn. with these 2 adjustments/mod it helped alot with boost.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

I also noticed that the 2nd graph shows the car hitting revlimiter way too soon. like 1k rpm's to soon. as you can see my power was doing nothing but rising the entire pull so i wonder if i would of hit 280 had he been able to rev out to 7.5k? i took it out for a test run tonight and im hitting the normal rev limiter. so who knows. or he could of just lost connection on the rpm wire.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you have a log of the boost actually holding 24 PSI to redline? Only 1 turn on the WG actuator wouldn't be able to force the turbo to flow more than around 20 PSI at redline from what I've experimented with and seen. There's also some thoughts that the stock turbo won't give much power whe trying to force it to flow above it's normal max pressure at high RPM's as it will just be over heated air.

Now higher boost down low and the mid range may be a different story, I can tell my car just becomes unruly when set at 26 PSI which holds to about 5500 rpm's before rapidly fading down to 20 PSI by redline. I would imagine that a good tune would get you quite a bit better numbers.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
Do you have a log of the boost actually holding 24 PSI to redline? Only 1 turn on the WG actuator wouldn't be able to force the turbo to flow more than around 20 PSI at redline from what I've experimented with and seen. There's also some thoughts that the stock turbo won't give much power whe trying to force it to flow above it's normal max pressure at high RPM's as it will just be over heated air.

Now higher boost down low and the mid range may be a different story, I can tell my car just becomes unruly when set at 26 PSI which holds to about 5500 rpm's before rapidly fading down to 20 PSI by redline. I would imagine that a good tune would get you quite a bit better numbers.
i will get with keinen on tuesday and see if he has a chart with my boost log on it, im sure he does. and im just waithing for a decent EM to come out, then ill tune with meth
Old Aug 31, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

decent #s man. I bet Nick from DTM would be able to net you more power... Also I noticed you beat all of those cars from a roll>?? In your evo?
Old Aug 31, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOLVEU
decent #s man. I bet Nick from DTM would be able to net you more power... Also I noticed you beat all of those cars from a roll>?? In your evo?
believe it or not.. yes. i did. Even with less power. i guess teh gearing and my driving helps. ill pm you a video.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by meat_EVO
believe it or not.. yes. i did. Even with less power. i guess teh gearing and my driving helps. ill pm you a video.
thanks bro. I raced an evo X once, assuming she was stock... I put at least 4 cars on her, but the gsxr next to me got me by 1.5 cars
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Baseline Dyno STOCK mine put down 210WHP-243TQ on a MD

Dynod mine yesterday at GST Motorsports w/Mods in my sig and special sauce wastegate mod and put down

309WHP-277TQ on thier heartbreaker MD
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
weak.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is that a 12 AFR on the second run at redline! Hard to tell.

From what i seen is not too bad. But the money spent on the FMIC i would have spent it on a tune and you would have been over 300.

Last edited by Papi4baby; Aug 31, 2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
Is that a 12 AFR on the second run at redline! Hard to tell.

From what i seen is not too bad. But the money spent on the FMIC i would have spent it on a tune and you would have been over 300.
hahahaaa.. i spent wayyyyyyyyyy less on that front mount then you would think. you should hit up frank from Xtremeboost and get a price. youll be very happy. and besides.. im waiting on a real EM to come out before i waste my money.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Weak?, thats no tune dude and still way rich...

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
weak.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOLVEU
thanks bro. I raced an evo X once, assuming she was stock... I put at least 4 cars on her, but the gsxr next to me got me by 1.5 cars
ohh, and a stock evoX is the slowest thing i had ever drove, once i adjusted the wastegate it felt more like $33k worth of horsepower to me.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day for the X